Archie cancels the Sonic comic

>Archie cancels the Sonic comic

>Sally and the FF will never return

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Archie will give the rights to the characters over to SEGA so they get included in a game.

The real loss is losing Snively

er, good? western fanfiction of japanese media is never good.

Give it five to ten years for the nostalgia cycle to kick in, then we'll get a diceroll of a reboot when someone deems it profitable.

Sega already owns the rights.

Should have stopped reading at #50.

I beg to differ

Then all we have to do is wait for them to get in a game.

Archie comics were legit the best thing about sonic. Even though they were fucking retarded.

It isn't cancelled yet, but I don't think the situation looks very good.

So Spinball?

Dude, just be glad it ran as long as it did period. A tie in comic lasting that long is unheard of. It should have been cancelled after the show was. That these characters even hung around for over two decades is insane

Didn't they get good after Penders got canned?

>SEGA
>putting anybody in the games that aren't Sonic and Eggman
>Tails if were lucky
AHAHAHAHHAHAHA

There going to be a huge collection or some shit?

I'd buy that, even the 50-180 issues.

youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

will never happen

>Tails if we're lucky

Tails has been in all the main games since the culling after 06. Fans of the likes of Knuckles, Amy and Shadow are the ones who need to watch out and hope.

Shadow and Amy both made it into Sonic Boom

I think they are safe for a while

Eh, Knuckles appears pretty frequently. I think the only games he hasn't made an appearance in as of late are Rush Adventure, Colors (Wii), and Sonic 4. Amy appears off and on.

Everyone else appears once in a blue moon.

Anyone else strongly sexually attracted to Sally?

I know that's a really weird question but grant me it please.

>wanting the FF and their furry drama infecting the games

kill yourself newfag

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!

So is that a yes or a no?

after like 20 years

shut the fuck up boco, I can't believe I ever defended you

>the snivley that was still locked up in the death egg never got out

Good things come to those who wait.

shut the fuck up boco, you worthless piece of shit

For what? And why?

I think it was people shitting on him in the sunday funday threads, and because I didnt think he was that bad

>Archie comics were legit the best thing about sonic
>Archie comics
>Not the Sonic Boom cartoon

he is on par with Revved for being such an insufferable faggot, thinking that his opinion matters

He has shit opinions. That's about it really.

well I know that now, but before I had only seen him in sunday funday threads and threads about mutant reptiles

>mutant reptiles
you mean like that OPERA GUY?

I don't recognize that fire hydra, but I DO admit that metroid prime made major improvements on metroid
but nintendo's real japanmans WERE involved in its creation. to the point of running the employees like slaves.

Flame Serpents from Magmoor Caverns

Damn, I will be really sad to see Bunnie gone... she's the only female character in the sonic universe to have a cool character design, character personality and na actual plotline

It'd be a mercy killing at this point. Even after Flynn's repair work the comic is just damaged beyond recovery.

Has cancellation actually been confirmed or is this still speculation?

Speculation and rumors

It's probably for the best at this point. The comic had a good run, but it's about time to put the Sonic comics to pasture for a while.

And even if IDW gets the license like some are hoping for, they'll probably start over from scratch and focus squarely on game-related material and characters. And they probably have a little more money than Archie does to hurl if Penders tries to start shit again. (But I think even he was smart enough to not fight BioWare over Sonic Chronicles after EA acquired them)

Penders really ruined everything didn't he?

How can one man be so incompetent yet still get paid?

just rumors
Then Penders started speculating and doomsaying about it, and some comic news sites reported on his tweets as if he has any inside info on Archie's current business, and isn't just a crazy man that desires their properties and money.

You're downplaying how Archie never says jack shit about anything in this all, and how they cancelled Megaman in nebulous "hiatus" terms too

Only manchildren furries cares about this characters. True pure breed Sonic fans only cares about the genesis games.

Perhaps.

Perhaps................. Or maybe you're just trying to look less like a nerd.

>Ian Flynn got Mega Man taken away from him
>Had to make a massive reboot for the Sonic comic, to purge the old OCs
>Now this

Guy really needs to write his own original stories.

Or he could start a Let's Play channel.

Easy. Archie was more incompetent.

>Writing the comic of his dreams.

>Ends up doing Let's Play videos

Ouch.

The truly sad thing is Ian sucks on toast at video games.

>Anything in Sonic Boom
>Good

Pick one.

>Archie cancels the Sonic comic
>Announcement of not just megaman but "Capcom is now new best friend"
>Monster Hunter anthology series

Sounds like prime Let's Player material.

I hope Ian follows in the footsteps of the greats, and claims someone inaccessible to people at large - that only he is in touch with - are dead, just for teh lulz :^)

>Having any faith at all in Archie

IDW

Fuck them for what they did to Gore Magala. You do a universe series, you bring 100% effort into researching all involved characters.

Should have never involved that faggot eye patch bad guy as well, good for the sales on that special being kind of shitty for them. Bad for the fans.

He better hope that Bumblekast Gaming takes off.

The Xander dick sucking did get ridiculous.

I especially like the Mega Man part of the free comic book day issue promoting Worlds Unite was literally just a recap about Xander.

>tfw you've only seen the incredibly silly Sonic series
>tfw you've never seen that other other Star Wars-like version that has this Sally character in it
>tfw you don't understand why there's so much hoopla for that supposedly good series and the comic series when you only remember that very stupid cartoon version
meh

Well it had a good run.
I mean how many years did it run.......18....20?
It's been around foreger.

23, I think.

Don't know why people wank SatAM so hard either, the silly version is so much better

>Sally and the FF will never return
Good riddance, maybe now we can have good plots and adventure instead of relationship drama.

>Confusing the cartoon for the game
>Being this pleb

Yeah it has been around since I was a fucking kid.
Just turned 30 a few months ago. Not a bad run for a comic based off a cartoon that only lasted 2 seasons.

Longer than I've been alive, christ.

Go home Mr Simon.

>Don't know why people wank SatAM so hard either
Purely nostalgia.

you havent read the reboot?

Who cares?

Ever since the reboot there hasn't been relationship drama as far as I know, that was just Penders pandering to the teen nick crowd when that was still a thing and left along with his involvement

sorry you got the wrong guy

But at worst with AoStH what you have are very bad Youtube poops. With SatAM... well, I'll let it speak for itself

SatAM is fucking saved by having Snively

If SEGA wants to bring back 90's nostalgia to the peak they'll bring Sally and the other characters back, that's all there is to it. I can see them doing that if only because it's obvious after Generations they are running out of ideas on how to keep the story fresh.

>I'll post a screenshot NOT from the show to prove that a show is bad

Snively a human.

>But at worst with AoStH what you have are very bad Youtube poops. With SatAM... well, I'll let it speak for itself

good job ignoring the post

So do you.

SEGA gives no shits about the SatAM crew or any of the Archie originals. They will never put them in games.

Fan content has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the actual product; you're one of those fuckwads that thinks the DA fanart is the reason the sonic games suck aren't you?

>SEGA gives no shits about the SatAM crew or any of the Archie originals
SoA do.

You did not let it speak for itself, Mr Smart Poster.

so?

Better than Sleet & Dingo and Bocoe & Decoe

Good. I love the FFs, but the Archie comic only exists to fuck around with them at this point. I stopped reading it years ago and cringe every time I see the redesigns. Let them fade into obscurity, please.

No, but I see putting words in my mouth helps the strawman you're building along

>time to backpedal

the redesigns actually look like Sonic characters

>Purely nostalgia.

There's no other reason for anyone over 13 to care about anything Sonic-related if not for "nostalgia".

I know. Pretty terrible,right?

Their shits don't matter. It never mattered.

Is there anyone here from Archie who can detail how badly Archie fucked up in not protecting themselves against Penders and how the current situation is looking?

I know some of you fuckers lurk here, I've seen you physically do it, ha.

In the good way, yes

You're a retard who thinks The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is better than SatAM and you're using fan content we got out of them as a point for your argument. I fail to see where I was strawmanning here.