Now that the dust has settled
Was it a good movie?

Yes

Genuinely the best science fiction movie in years

>"Yes, I truly have become Blade Runner 2049"

seriously raimi?????

>movie
It was kinæma

Electric waifu's aside, yeah it was decent.
I would have edited some stuff out of the last quarter.
I'd give it 8+/10
I really like my future theme sci-fi and this one nails it.

can synths breathe underwater? They don't need oxygen since they send them to space, right?

They are just lab grown genetically engineered humans

The first half of the film was transcendent. Then, it shat the bed at the beginning of the 3rd act. It recovered some of the ground lost and I can say it was a great movie, but would've been near perfect with one more pass through editing.

What would you have cut?

For me personally the las vegas sequence dragged out a bit and could have been cut down

Not him but I'd cut out the 'flashback' voice over parts that treat the audience like they're stupid. I'd shorten up the whole vegas part and completely drop the resistance scene, completely re-do it.
The one eyed woman and her bevy of street hookers was stupid and the army of replicants appearing out of the shadows was cringey

how would you get him out of vegas then?

Yes, best sequel ever made

Yes

im curious as to why luv kissed K at the end why did she do that?

did she like him? someone mentioned how he rejected her but I dont remember what scene that happened in.

Happens right after the part you seeing, they talk about personal questions show intrest, then she asks him a personal question and he blows her off.

Also she might of kissed him as wallace did the same as he killed the newborn

shut the fuck up. the las vegas shit was the best part. reminded me of the shining. if i had to cut anything it'd be the whole angle with the prostitute and the rebellion.

Visual masterpiece

agree on most of these, the resistance just added an unnecessary element that didnt go anywhere and was never explored

The Deckard and K scenes needed to be reworked

what personal question did she ask? i remember them listening to the old deckard tape and she mentions how she can tell he likes rachel. I cant remember the specifics but fuck it makes me want to watch the movie again

Overall yes. Definitely worth seeing. Honestly though, it kind of turns into capeshit as soon as Deckard shows up. But K's whole story arc is fantastic throughout

The flashbacks were the biggest problems I had with the movie and I'll agree that the resistance sequence could be improved upon quite a bit. The replicants stepping out of the dark dramatically felt really out of place for this type of movie.

it was good, but I have a feeling its overrated

I mean by the way people are reacting, it's the best movie ever

I think its the first time majority of Sup Forums watched a big budget movie that wasn't capeshit and so their baseline is way off on what is good, that and autist and his 2d waifu

The holographic Elvis and dancing girls was really cool but I agree that whole fight scene dragged on. Why not just explain he's suspended from the police and not here to retire him?

The editing of their scenes of their trailer was better, but Vegas was pretty aesthetic so it could go either way

You needed them for several reasons though: to get K out of Vegas and also to act as a counterbalance to Wallace. Their desire and obsession with using birth to prove that they were "more human than human" was meant to show how everyone in the BR world had lost the thread of love that Deckard and Rachael found decades earlier. They just wanted the product of their love as a way to rise to a higher social status.

In the end, K rejecting them leads poignancy to his choice that love is what matters most, more than social reform, more than expanding humanity out into the stars.

Definitely agree about the flashback voice overs, they were put in for the plebs and it's a mark against the movie. I hope one of the cuts removes them, although I actually did find the "There's a little bit of every artist in their work" poetic enough to match the scene and make it seem more like something K would be recalling than a "REMEMBER THIS AUDIENCE?"

Deckard's explanations and Sapper were purely for the tards though.

Yeah I think the "dying for a cause makes you human bean" thing was flashbacked in the next scene. I remembered feeling offended.
It was quite clear what K was going through. I'd rather have seen him mourn Joi a little

It wasn't a fight scene. K was running from Ford the entire time. His entire grand total of an offensive action was throwing him onto a sofa.

It took Deckard a while to realize he wasn't there to hurt him. Also the fact that he couldn't hurt him proved K was a replicant (Deckard wouldn't have known all the Blade Runners are replicants now, he's been in isolation)

It took longer, but I preferred the visual of him getting tired of punching Gosling who just took it than the expository style of "Oh by the way I'm a replicant but I'm a good guy"

>"There's a little bit of every artist in their work"
Considering the length of the movie, this one can stay

The Deckard punching K scene reminded me of Wick and Cassian falling down multiple flights of stairs in JW2

>I think its the first time majority of Sup Forums watched a big budget movie that wasn't capeshit
which was the last movie that wasn't a kids/animation or a capeshit that had a big budget. interstellar?

кинo

She talks about asking a persnal quesion makes one feel...desired

then goes "Do you enjoy your work officer" and he just changes the subject.

Maybe Valerian

Yes. It's excellent

K is fucking alpha

ngl i had no idea this movie even existed and Sup Forums's been my main board for 2 years now.

it was probably dunkirk or something nolan but Sup Forums is automatically hostile to nolan

Yes and I still want Luv to abuse and cuddle up with me.

Roll everything at the farm into one sequence.
Cut exposition waifu entirely unless she can be integrated into the plot.
Anything that's a flashback.

Science fiction or general?

Valerian,The Mummy, Kong: Skull Island, War for the Planet of the Apes, Dunkirk, Jason Bourne, Passengers, Independence Day: Resurgence, Deepwater Horizon, Gods of Egypt, Star Trek Beyond

all since 2016

Yeah, I'd have dropped the whole bait and switch and have had K be Deckard's son.

This is a good post and I want you to know that.

well said

>Do you enjoy your work officer

Isn't that a personal question tho? He's asking her if she enjoys something. That sounds personal to me.

>t. Virgin

dunkirk wasn't bad but did it really have anything worth discussing? br2049 is the first movie after interstellar of a similar scale that's had anything worth discussing. and while interstellar was nitpicked and also rightly criticized for some aspects it wasn't exactly hated.

crap, cinematic universe crap (cuc), cuc, cuc, good but not worth discussing, cuc, crap, cuc, boring, potential cuc, cuc

i'd say there are 3 honest attempts at standalone movies in there and all are unremarkable.

Basically this

of course it is. the point is she's trying to be very forward with him.

They're not robots. They've basically just physically strong humans grown without many emotions

>48 posts
>No ones posted a Villeneuve pasta yet
I'm surprised

Dunkirk is a cinematic universe setup?

Tell me more...

Please stop with this.

yes

It's pretty clear in the movie that Luv was Tsundere for K

It's not provocative but it is technically personal, it's the combination with the previous sentence that makes it flirty.

Read again.

Nope, Luv just wanted to punish K,.

This. The plot was kind of thin and hinged HEAVILY on the Goose's performance to get the audience to care. The visuals were an orgasm for the eyes and the soundtrack was incredible.

Harrison Ford is a terrible actor. He'll always be loved because of Indi and Han, but Christ he phones it in in everything else.

Jared Let is a weird guy. I didn't know what to make of his performance because he's always so strange that his character seemed almost normal for him, which is odd because Wallace was a goddamn psychopath.

Joi was... Meh. She was alright as a character and her actress was fine, but I feel like that's only because Goose did such a good job that you cared about her for him rather than because the actresses did a great job.

They did a great job of creating a future setting that I would never want to live in or visit. God damn was that world bleak.

I actually thought this would have been an adequate twist. Why have the specific horse memory, and have it realized, before throwing it all away?

>They don't need oxygen since they send them to space, right?
Um, what exactly do you think happens when we send someone to space? Like what do you think is going on in the ISS right this minute?

That would have ruined K's whole character arc though. That would have been a fucking terrible choice.

>ask a throw-away small-talk type question that is only flirty in any way in you take it in context with the previous statement about a conversation two other people neither of you know had 30 years ago, which you were talking about on account of business
>very forward
God damn it I will never understand.

"might have," not "might of"

>Not him but I'd cut out the 'flashback' voice over parts that treat the audience like they're stupid.
absolutelly agreed. Although probably it was needed for american release. They should cut it in Europe and Asia

Not really. I give it a 6/10, but mostly for cinematography, sound, and Gosling. Story was very meh and lazy. Villain was cunty chick. Part of what made the first one special was that there really wasnt a villain; everyone was fighting their own mortality.

yes

Which flashbacks are you talking about? I don't think I remember there being any.

I don't get Ks motivation to get Deckard to his daughter. Was that the only reason he rescued him? Deckard even seems indifferent about it himself.

"hurr durr dying for the cause is the most human thing to do". RIght after the holo scene

The one eyed woman said that to him, but that wasn't a flashback right? I think I'm blanking here

yeah more like voice flash back. you know what he meant. it was just too ... easy

Oh, it's when he figured out that the woman is the real child. Idk, I didn't think it was too out of place. I feel like joy's death was way too quick and emotionless. That was the part I was disappointed in.

SO WAS DECKARD A REPLICANT OR NOT?! WHY COULDN'T THIS MOVIE ANSWER MY ONE QUESTION?!

Solid 9/10
If it wasn't for the blatant plotholes it'd be a solid 10

So you would ask it here and bump Bladerunner threads.

than she said it, but the flashback was when the big joi called him joe and than he realized there was nothing human in his life. The flashback itself was ok because the viewer should bring back that sentence at that moment but it shoudl have been implied and not just pushed into your head.

It doesn't matter.

I just got back from the theatre seeing this.

I thought the "films women just won't get" thing was just a meme, but there were three women seated in front of me and no fucking joke, the second the credits started one of them loudly complained "well there's two hours of my life I'll never get back!". They weren't dumb teenagers or anything either, these were adult women.

yeah I didn't really get that either. Almost everything else in the plot made great sense when you thought about it though

lol this was a big gripe i had with the movie, not the fact that it was never answered, but the fact that Wallace brought it up in such a forced way. It felt like fan serivce

>Deckard have u ever thought that maybe u were a replicant?
>I'm not saying u r
>but what if u were

really gay scene

Just got out of the theater. 4/10
Could have been much much shorter.
Do want cyber waifu tho

It couldn’t have been though

Eh , I disagree. There was a lot of "artsy" shit that didnt really touch me at all. Many scenes could have been outright removed to the benefit of the film.

It’s called pacing friend

Wow pacing. Well the whole movie was boring and the climax sucked. The greenscreen was cheesy

I didn't want it to end, I haven't felt that absorbed into a cinema screen for a while. Hoping for a director's cut.

>boring
>climax wasn’t intense as fuck

lol no. Painful mediocrity imitating better films. But that's the standard these days. Nolan, BrBa, etc. Villenueve and crew are just following the trend. I don't blame them really. But to praise them is unfounded.

>The greenscreen was cheesy
yeah. totally not a bait

yes. too bad it bombed.

its still in the cinema

Good

They are literally not following the trend

He did it to make a choice. I think it's apparent in the giant joi scene when he looks down at his gun. All his life he's been programmed what to do and follow instructions, yet he saw joi (another programmed entity) break away from her conditioning and die trying to save him. So he did the most human thing he could do, make his own choices and save deckard instead of killing him.

>Climax wasn't intense.

Confirmed for not seeing the movie.

The climax scene, Sea Wall, is easily one of the best 10-15 mins of film in the past 20-30 years. The atmosphere, the music, the intensity of the fighting, the drowning, the yearn to live and be the best. Luv and K were essentially fighting for their humanity in that scene; it's there we see them at their most human, not at their most bio engineered.

I can't believe I'm saying this and meaning it, but you're a literal plebian if you thought that the climax wasn't a 9+/10 or straight out 10/10. I don't think I've seen anyone rate it below perfection, even people who rate the movie 8/10 say that specific scene is perfection embodied.

Not even being a fanboy here. It's just a 10/10 scene.

Actually it's a good thing, only down side is that we probably won't get a full length Black Out anime

what plotholes?

There was barely any greenscreen used. Did ou even fucking watch it?

Easily bait.

People aren't even trying anymore.