What would it take for a human resistance to have a chance against Homeworld? I think the only big issue is their ships...

What would it take for a human resistance to have a chance against Homeworld? I think the only big issue is their ships, but it seems they would much rather go toe-to-toe instead of blasting the planet that has resources they want. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9F-_jVlDxp4
youtube.com/watch?v=OA8mh-Pe8WM
youtu.be/U1mlCPMYtPk
forums.spacebattles.com/threads/steven-universe-respect-feats.346395/#post-20694916
youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE
youtube.com/watch?v=bRhg2zvalXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What would it take for a human resistance to have a chance against Homeworld?
For Homeworld to stop caring about Earth.

So much for human spirit.
Modern technology as it is can already stop a gem force with realative ease, but if we had the zapper jasper used and the breaking point we'd be even better off. Not sure what we could do against the ships though considering Rose's Light Cannon did jack shit against one.

For the US government to give a rat's ass about a beach location.

Seriously, gems are absolutely fucked against humanity's armies. Shit, even a fucking above average intelligent chemist would figure out what materials the enemies are and corrode them out of existence.

They're pretty easy. The whole race is perceptible to sound and vibration weapons.

0 chance.
Gems are retarded but stupidly and illogically strong.

Retard strength in alien form.

What song would you blast out of a sound canon to save your country from the gem invasion?

None, they can just bomb our armies from orbit while we cant touch them.

In a grounded war I doubt our tanks could kill Jaspers since Jasper is really fucking durable(ignore the Peridot bullshit) meaning we would need lots of artillery to take out their military fodders.

Things like Lapis is gameover since one alone can turn the ocean into a weapon of mass destruction.

Really? I don't remember them being susceptible to sound. What episode was this?

>(ignore the Peridot bullshit)
>ignore the point that makes this an obsolete statement.

>Things like Lapis is gameover since one alone can turn the ocean into a weapon of mass destruction.
You mean the Lapis that was poofed from being punched? If a Lapis ever attempted to drain the ocean from above, we could always just ram a jet into her.

We need giant robots.

Gems are retards, specially at war, humans in the show are also retards AND cowards, so humans in the show are fucked.

Real humans with non retard gems (as in they act like they know what they're doing) would lose before they even know they're in danger.

Same with SU humans vs non retard gems.

Real world humans vs retard gems could in fact repel them on their own, they most like dont understand war like we do and most likely arent used to time the way we do so battles wont be as often (or else the 1000 year war would've a dead count on the billions). Gem tech is impresive but thats not how they do war, and if they havent changed in all of those years then they're not going to change anytime soon. The light canon not working on the ship is most likely something very specific to nullify light atacks and MIGHT go down with enough punishment, unless it runs on bullshit magic that makes it so that a nuclear warhead does jackshit, and even then i would still put my money on humans.

>Giant robots shouldn't fight!
Only time I didn't believe in Steven.

Can I just use this as an opportunity to say I hate the trope where aliens/magic beings/kaiju/whatever, just straight up no sells everything normal humans could throw at them, most of the time including nukes.

Its just such a cheap way of making things threatening, and it mostly just indicates that the plot is running on bullshit.

They'd need a weapon like the RYNO V.

Well that or a sonic weapon that can key into the resonant frequency of a Gem's gemstone and shatter them from a distance

All it takes is one planet cracker, user. They are at least a tier 2 civilization. Humanity simply cannot compete with a civilization a full tier above them no matter the Independence Day shit that one dreams about pulling off.

I think that it comes from an idea that an enemy should be portrayed strong so that the protagonist could overcome the odds and win. When you portray the enemy as weak, you lessen the impact of the protagonist's victory.

Why did you need to spoiler that?

In the very same episode Jasper collapses A FUCKING CLIFF by hitting it and moves afterwards like nothing happened. The metal thing poofing her is inconsistent PLOT INDUCED STUPIDITY.

>All it takes is one planet cracker, user.
One they wouldn't use initially as they want the planet for resources. Disregarding that however, the opening statement was what would it take, not how it could be done.

In a different thread an user pointed out the possibility that gems might be resistant to force inducing attacks, but weak to penetrating ones.

Nanoscience can easily engineer material that is immune to nukes because nanotechnology can affects matter on a level which explains HOW OBJECTS CAN BE BROKEN OR DESTROYED, by simply creating artificial particle structures with a higher resistance you can make something as light as paper still indestructable to the force of a nuclear warhead.

Monster Reunion, Cetipeedle pokken s the weapon that the Diamonds used to corrupt Earth's Gems as a song.

And now you have VERY uncomfortable thoughts about Jasper's "Stop singing!" line from Jailbreak forming in your head.

So it's a magic song?

>might be resistant to force inducing attacks, but weak to penetrating ones.
Its all the same thing user kinetic energy.

Also Jasper no sells Ameythst's whips that can destroy FUCKING TRASH CANS WITH A CASUAL SWING, thats far more force than any gun on earth. Lets not get started on how durable the fucking fusions are.

One day we will all understand, a giant robot is the manifestation of humankind's struggle.
To become GOD or... the DEVIL.

Because I know a few people that are only here to scan the thread for ways to protect their worthless rocks.

Better than you might expect.

Gems have been shown to survive large blunt impacts, such as a high speed fall, but smaller piercing attacks, such as the training sword, can pierce them and destroy their hard light bodies. The gems themselves are also not incredibly durable; Amethyst's was cracked by falling on a rock at no less than terminal velocity.
I suspect their durability to wide impacts over more focused pressure is because gems are adapted to high-G space travel, but aren't actually adapted to war.
With this evidence, we can assume they can be harmed by conventional weaponry.

It's hard to gauge a Gem's exact combat ability compared to a human due to the fact we haven't seen an expert fight seriously, but it's notable that Pearl, the CG's dedicated fencer, was put on her toes by a 12 year old girl with only a few weeks of training, so it's not inconceivable that a well trained human or group of humans can overcome a Gem in CQC, especially if better equipment is developed.
The Gem's specialized weapons, while powerful, to almost always be melee, putting them at a severe disadvantage because modern humanity prefers ranged combat in the first place.

Moreover, Gems are just plain awful at battle strategies. They clearly rely too heavily on overpowered war machines and don't seem to have experience with combat against anything that can put up a fight. This is why we've only seen one soldier, an engineer, and half a dozen retards come in to even maybe try to apprehend the group of Gems that killed one of their world leaders. An Earth invasion would be MAYBE a few dozen assorted gems.

And while Gem tech is undeniably advanced, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for humanity to steal and reverse engineer it.

The only issue is that I'm applying this logic to real humanity; humans in SU are somehow more incompetent than the Gems themselves.

Yes, but why did you spoiler that?

>Amethyst's was cracked by falling on a rock at no less than terminal velocity
Plot induced stupidity, Ameythst was thrown indirectly into the Redeye and got up like nothing happened, thats far more impact than falling on a rock from hundreds of feet.

>Its all the same thing user kinetic energy.
not great on science, but the kinetic energy would be dispersed in a force induced as opposed to penetrating, thus making it weaker.

> far more force than any gun on earth
youtube.com/watch?v=9F-_jVlDxp4
Doesn't take much to pull a trigger.

True, but to me there's many was to make a villain threatening without resorting to playground "I have an anti-everything forcefield and a kill everything gun". And to me it kinda cheapens the protagonists victory because most of the time in these cases they rightfully loose and the author has to save their ass.

I'm not taking about the possibility of these things on a scientific level. Only how cheap they are on a storytelling level.

>humans in SU are somehow more incompetent than the Gems themselves.

That's probably due to curiosity being stunted in a majority of SU's human population.

I wouldn't describe it as "magic" in the traditional sense, but it clearly does something to a Gem's state of mind when they're exposed to it.

>Nanomachines, son!

You better be the greatest alien scientist from ten thousand years in the future or else im going to say you pulled that one out of your ass.

>The Gem's specialized weapons, while powerful, to almost always be melee, putting them at a severe disadvantage because modern humanity prefers ranged combat in the first place.

Completely ignoring their ability to fuse to embiggen their range and destructive potential

user the garbage cans Im talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=OA8mh-Pe8WM

They can see the future and have time travel magic.

This is OP in a war.

youtu.be/U1mlCPMYtPk
I am fully erect

Yeah and the one I posted was a simple rifle. We have more powerful guns out their user.

Humans today already have made simple nanomachines meaning ayys 400 years ahead from us would be well tuned in nanoscience, the gems are thousands of years ahead of us due to how advanced their technology is THAT IT APPEARS TO BE MAGIC.

>You mean the Lapis that was poofed from being punched?

Good luck trying to find something of the size of a teenage girl that might be on any place OF THE FUI KING PLANET.

She just need to remove Earth's water for 3 days to the entire Earth forces to be fucked.

For whatever reason, Fusion is heavily frowned upon by Homeworld Gems. It would be pretty bad if they did, but they would only do it if they were desperate.

This can be circumvented by either targeting loners or simply killing them quickly with a coordinated strike, before they can fuse.

Ameythst is stronger than any gun on earth.

The only fusion we've seen is the cannon fodder, who's to say the bigger units would fuse? Cross-gem fusion is just an earth thing, don't you remember the courts reaction to garnet? I'd also like to point out that the jasper we've seen is canonically far above average. Do any of you even watch the show?

>Fusion is heavily frowned upon by Homeworld Gems.
It's not.

Gems fuse without problem with gems of the same type and caste.

>Fusion is heavily frowned upon by Homeworld Gems
Cross Fusion is frowned upon.

One Jasper is already on par with a a kiloton bomb in terms of destructive capacity based on her destroying a cliff casually. Now just imagine how unstoppable a fusion of 200 Jaspers would be.

We haven't seen any bigger units fuse though, it's always just the lil guys

>One Jasper is already on par with a a kiloton bomb in terms of destructive capacity based on her destroying a cliff casually.
wat

>good luck trying to find a gem literally draining your ocean while you are in a war with said gem's world
You're hilarious, and Lapis needs to be near the water in order to control it.

You are hilarious. It seems a lot of people here need to brush up on modern technology. I'm not saying we have the greatest of chances, but you are all severely underestimating actual capabilities of the weapons we have today.

First song that came to my mind actually.

We saw holographs of giant Quartz when Garnet described the war.

Say that to my obrez fucker not online.

She's the perfect jasper though. Peridot went on and on about how great her exit hole was. That means she is the Aryan master race of Jaspers, let alone other gems. Most of the other Jaspers are probably really shitty

Gun user Ameythst is like a missile that can walk and attack all the time based on how much force her whips can dish out casually. Ameythst would kill a blue whale by just punching it once because thats how much force she can dish out casually. Since AMEYTHST IS SUPPOSED TO BE DEFORMED FODDER GEM THATS SHOW US HOW FUCKING POWERFUL THE REGULAR AMEYTHSTS LIKE THE ONES IN THE ZOO ARE COMPARED TO HER.

>You're hilarious, and Lapis needs to be near the water in order to control it.

Nigga.

How do you think that someone will find a teenage girl in the middle of the ocean.

Really.

How?

People needed years to find fucking Bin Laden.

Lapis could just hide on a submarine cave on the middle of the ocean.

Simple, we find lifeforms that Gems can't defend themselves from and use them as weapons.

Once gems have something that can no sell up to 400 megatons we cant do jackshit to them. They would also blow up every nuke we throw at them with their lasers FROM ORBIT.

>something is possible today that means everything is possible in the future
That's not how it works

Actually I find it more stupid when humans can do anything to harm a species high enough up the tech tree to have mastered FTL interstellar flight, I don't think most people appreciate how hard a challenge that is to overcome and that it should probably always imply near godhood

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/steven-universe-respect-feats.346395/#post-20694916

Read this to see how powerful gems are individually.

Just give her the Pile D

>People needed years to find fucking Bin Laden.
Maybe because Bin Laden wasn't draining the ocean.

I know we can't do jackshit against the ships, I was discussing the gems themselves

My nigga.

More force than most missiles.

Yeah, user, i know, i just wanted to say "Nanomachines, son!" meme for the first time ever, sue me.

>Maybe because Bin Laden wasn't draining the ocean.

Lapis can do it from any place on the world.

How the hell you think they will find her? Seriously speak your reasoning. What is the plan?

Thunder wells & casaba howitzers, son.

Peridot survived a multi ton objects falling on her and got up like nothing happened, guns and basic explosives aint doing shit to her.

>Sand
You're going to have to do better than that

Radar and graphs that records shifts in ocean currents and activity. Now expand that to military use. How about you explain exactly where she is going to put the water in order to drain the Earth without us noticing it.

The gem's only major advantage are the Saphires. Future vision may ultimately trump anything we can throw at them, even if the range is as short as they imply they could ruin any surprise attack.

Disregarding that we have a pretty good chance if we assume the SUmans have modern tech and basic competance.

By observing ocean currents and stuff like that. If someone notices a part of the ocean and something looks a bit off, then they can assume that Lapis is knocking about somewhere in that area.

Do you know how fucking big that sand structure is?

>without noticing it

Man, Lapis makes two or three water towers in different places, while hidding in a fourth place.

Done.

Noticing or not doesn't matter.

If Lapis can manipulate the entire ocean, she can make a water tower away from her.

user a volume of water the size of say a mountain dropped on an army would kill that army from the sheer kinetic energy, Lapis could crack continents on earth due to the sheer energy OF THE ENTIRE FUCKING OCEAN.

Sure, but how dense is it considering it's not packed and instead held up by a gem? That we can only assume. The Twin Towers were pretty big too, doesn't mean they were hard to knock over.

The bottom line is this is just one fodder fighter gem, not even a fusion.

Lapis has only been shown to control water in her vicinity, unless you have evidence, you can't just say she'll make it wherever.

>Lapis has only been shown to control water in her vicinity

The fact that she controled the water from the other side of the world to remove all of Earth's oceans.

>they fuse
>we get more men.
I'm sure you are well versed on power-levels but do you even understand the basics of combat? There is a lot more to it than brute strength.

What episode are you talking about?

youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE

QUIT. TALKING. SHIT.

Lapis has show planetary scale water manipulation.

She was literaly on a tower on space controling strong as fuck water clone below.

Brute strength doesnt mean shit because their power level multiples when they fuse dumbass. All it takes is about 200 Jaspers to make nukes useless on them.

Just imagine how ungodly strange a fusion of only 5 Lapis Lazulis would be.

>Hickock45
I want to see him ring the gong against a group of gems and win(ammunition provided by Federal of course)

She was able to have precise control of 4-5 water clones on the drained sea bed while she was high above in outer atmosphere.

>an Agate terrifies

what's so scarry about agate?

She's part-drill sergeant, part-sadistic-schoolteacher.

It seems that one is enough to terraform a planet, Lapis is already enough to make any huma weapon useless, she controls the whole damn ocean

>She was literaly on a tower on space controling strong as fuck water clone below.
Exactly she was ON a tower. She was in proximity of water still and the clones were in proximity of the tower she was controlling. She was also doing a poor job of hiding. We could easily find her was my point.

Could they even control a fusion of 200 easily? We don't know the limits a fusion has before it becomes unstable. The highest number we've seen is 5 rubies who were all dumb as shit.

And yet she was taken out with a punch

Her second appereance dude.

Fusion is actually genius, the more gems they mass produce the more super weapons with a consiousness they can create.

The very brokenness of Fusion logically make gems impossible to defeat because as a last resort they can all fuse with eachother to become unstoppable.
In same caste fusions its implied they are a unified consiousness.

>Exactly she was ON a tower.

Nigga, to make that tower she used water from the other side of the planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=bRhg2zvalXc

But the focused pressure of Garnet's fingers on her torso poofed her. Guns will do just fine.

>nukes
>useless
Nothing can withstand direct hit by a nuke

She pulled it in, she didn't control it from the opposite side of the world.

Garnet is more powerful than Ameythst user of course she can dish out more force than a multi ton object dropping on her.
Except a mountain.

>Not beating up individual gems so they poof and taking their gems to stuff into weapons to give to actually competent people