What did Sup Forums think of old man Logan? I quite enjoyed it and think it would make a good Netflix series

What did Sup Forums think of old man Logan? I quite enjoyed it and think it would make a good Netflix series.

Pretty much god tier. To me the reveal of what he did was legitimately gut wrenching. And the final act as one of the greatest payoffs I've ever read in a comic involving his character.

Edgy shit. But decent.

I guess that could be considered pretty edgy but I actually thought it was pretty accurate as to how a world run by villains like that would be. It kind of took all of The Whimsy out of how Comics usually operate.

I had fun

>magneto
>killed by kingpin
Honestly the hardest thing to believe that happened. Also though
>Dr doom
>serving under red skull
>ever

>it was pretty accurate as to how a world run
I don't know about that. The entire premise actually fails quite a few tests of logic. But its mostly stuff that can be ignored for the sake of the story.

Fair enough. Now that I think of it the earlier user pointed out, Dr doom would never be subservient.

It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it.

Having said that, I really hate that people hold it up as some gold standard of the Wolverine character. To me, its a fun comic with a good enough characterization of Logan to keep me interested, but it is by no means one of the best comics featuring Logan or one of the best examples of the genre. Its basically just an Unforgiven ripoff with a bunch of throwaway "le epic" action scenes that really appeals to fanboys.

I don't mean to sound overly harsh, but it gets way too much praise.

I feel you man, I really liked it but it is overrated. Much like the Beatles.

One of the most derivative comics ever written, but still kind of fun.

Derivative of what? Im genuinely interested so I can read more like it.

It's not Doom.

It's Miller bs Clyde Wyncham

Mags death was made realistic because of his age, and nothing else

That aside, I loved it. One of my faves to date

... Is this a serious question?

The Dark Knight Returns. It's derivative of The Dark Knight Returns, and Unforgiven.

Like, it even has the ally of the the protagonist be its respective universe's archer character who has received a debilitating injury (loss of arm to loss of eyesight).

It was goofy post-apocalyptic hyperviolent Mark Millar fun. Fun on a surface level, but I didn't really take anything away from it.

You could make the argument that it's derivative of pretty much any story about a retired badass who is pulled back into a world that's familiar and different to the one he left behind..

Storytime?

And the Green Arrow to Hawkeye parallel?

Or the swearing off violence because of the death of his teammate(s)?

Or Hulk's return to fighting because Sniktbub is back?

This. It's odd to see the new "Logan" movie that supposedly took inspiration from OML take the super cereal route with it.

Eh I didn't think much of it. It's just typical violent yet shallow Millar crap with enough window dressing to keep you reading till the end.