Best series ending/finale ever?

No, but it was satisfying and didn't royally fuck up.

killing pops felt kinda forced tbhfam

I came closer to crying than I ever have in the past 10 years

I really wish we could have learned everyone's names but I understand why we couldn't.

Nah, KND and EEnE are still pretty good. It was a great effort, though.

Why's that

I wouldn't say it was the "best" but it was pretty good especially when the VCR tape pops out and you hear pops you can also see how grown up everyone is when Mordecai and Rigby said their last ohhh. Only problem I thought was Mordecai was still hungup on Margaret (he painted her?) but it was 3 years. Kinda wish I didnt see the ending so I wouldn't feel this shit feeling of seeing a show end.

Can we just turn this into a great finale thread?

a magical teppanyaki chef DID tell him they were destined to be together

It's weird, my best friend from middle-school and I met because I was wearing a Regular Show t-shirt and he said he liked it. The show was still in its first season and every night when a new episode came out we'd hang out at his place and watch it. Even through high-school we did this, it just became kinda a tradition. The last time I saw him was when we both got together to celebrate the finale. He shipped to basic the next day, and I'll probably never see him again... Watching this was kinda the end of my childhood in a way. I mean, I'm 20 now and everything's changed.

could be worse. some of us are in our 30s now and never did squat with our lives.

I'm currently on episode 10 of season 8. I skipped up to season 8 as I didn't realize I'd be missing important information considering the nature of the show was generally episodic.

What episodes should I watch to fill me in on the questions of "why are they in space/what's up with the button?" and "why does pops have psychic powers?"

Seeing the cut back to the first episode made me realize how much better the animation was back then.

Yea, but I'm glad they didn't reanimate it, which of course they wouldn't because it saves time and money for that minute of reused footage, but could you imagine if they did..?

Also the finale is the best to me but that's because I can't instantly think of any I've seen aside from GF and it was lackluster and straightforward and mostly uneventful.

y'know after watching Sup Forums suck this finale's gumballs for a few days i think i'm finally starting to hate it

WHO'S READY FOR REGULAR SHOW GO?

That's called being a contrarian, sport.

congrats, you're a contrarian
sad thing is that instinct is going to get you pretty far, it's right more often than it's wrong
but being blindly right is just no way to live your life, son. you have to analyze things individually!

The only time stuff like that works is when the people praising it somehow had a hand in it. It's the reason hating SU for its fanbase works (to an extent) because it's made for them too and Rebecca takes inspiration from what they say and yes, it does pander whether people like to admit it or not.

Here it's just people really fucking in love with it for whatever reason. They'll probably still like it but in a little while it'll pass.

>for some fucking reason
It's a show that was a beacon of light in the darkness that was late 2000's animation. It had its ups and downs with the whole love triangle thing sure, but in the end it was a show that a ton of people cherish and grew up with.

wha? didn't it start in 2010? for me RS and AT and all of those have been like, the definition of 2010s animation, and why it's such a great decade for cartoons.. why it sucks that it's coming to an end and already showing signs of decline
what showed up in the late 2000s that gave us hope was shit like Chowder and Flapjack, the clear precursors to these

I'd say the majority of shows at the time were garbage, but the turning point was defiantly RS and AT. Chowder and Flapjack were great, but they kinda got swept under the radar by all the shit that CN and Nick were pulling at the time. 2010 was pretty much the end of the dark-ages in a lot of ways.

better ending than GF
It actually made me tear up

it's amazing how this utterly-episodic show made me suddenly start to care about its plot after giving no fucks before.. gradually, starting with the space thing.. and then this Pops thing, given to us just a few tiny bits here and there so we wouldn't get overwhelmed with it.. and then by the end, hot damn, now I feel like the end of a ride, not merely cessation of consistent fun

WE CAN BE HEROES. JUST FOR ONE DAY.

Also Cheer Up Pops is even harder to watch after his death.

>People actually liked the finale
>People actually liked this shit show passed the 4th season

tell me a fucking bout it. I was a few minutes late for the premiere but it took for goddamn ever to get a stream working, so I missed that entirely, and even though a mega came out pretty quickly... well you know mega. I wish people would do the google video thing instead.
by the time I got the thing ready it was too late to just, say, watch it during commercial breaks to catch up.. i had to watch it last. that was my last bit of RS and holy shit it's sad watching that after the end.

Only cartoon series finale that comes to mind where it showed every main character die and only had it fixed in the next episode much later, and then let a main character die for real.

I'm also going to miss how this was pretty much the only kids cartoon using real music.

KND left us wanting more and we never got it.

>in the next episode much later
errrr didnt they reset it immediately?
not trying to shit on the excellent finale but that's not how i remember it going
and yeah the music was pretty tits. no idea how they budgeted it.

Everyone died in Part 2 and only came back at the very end of The Power (Part 3)

but I mean, immediately after everyone else died, Mordo and Riggs got themselves caught in the middle of the time reset as THEY died, partially retaining their memories, and immediately getting to work on returning to the end of the universe, which they tried a few times before it took. It was really tight pacing and I thought it was perfect, but few people spent that long actually being dead. their deaths WERE pretty great though. sailormoon tier.
The only part I didn't get is that 3 years later thing. why wouldnt they go straight home? or was that 3 years after the flashback, meaning the whole show has been 3 years (which would fit okay, it certainly can't have been 7 years in-universe)

If you're talking about Dale's news report, time speeds up in space and they're talking about One Space Day at a Time to the finale, that's how long on Earth had passed but not to the people in space, up there it might've been around 5-7 months at most.

It was enjoyable, and Pop's sacrifice felt nice to see but was sort of unnecessary, although now it makes a little sense as to why Maelard send them off to space. As if Mr. Maelard knew that he wouldn't see Pop's again until the next cycle, but he was probably surprised Pop's went and destroyed the cycle chain. Still, a few questions remain:

Why not add Margaret to the gang to fight in space? Was her character done once she became a news anchor? Eileen's character was refined a bit, but Margaret could've gotten some screen time too. And Mordecai ended up with the Bat Girl whose voice we never hear? I at least want to know what she sounds like. She got along with Eileen well, and we don't see Margaret after the initial return of the dome.

Also, I'm pretty sure Pops didn't die in a normal sense. He pulls out the vhs at the end and say's his catchphrase. I'm guessing he's living as an ethereal being of energy or something since he and his brother need to exist to hold balance for the universe, because without good or evil, there's only chaos. My theory is that his brother and him, along with the Seer are in some room just watching Regular Show as his friends grow and he controls good, Anti-Pops is trying to edit his critical reviews while maintaining evil, and the Seer just kind of babysits them.

Eileen wasn't going to come at all. They had the episode written and in production where she watched the park launch too, but Minty pushed like a dumbass and got her to go.

Just the guys? That would've made more sense seeing how the first episodes of the series just built around them and ending the final fight with them seems right. The baby ducks seemed unnecessary too, since they only formed up with other allies to hold off Streaming, but they were a nice nod to the recurring characters featured.

She didn't seem to do much other than just being Rigby's gf and the occasional voice of reason or doubt, but she was treated well enough to get some attention from the viewer. It would've been heart tugging to see her run to kiss Rigby after not seeing him for a while if she was left on Earth. Starla running up to Muscle Man with their daughter had that heart tugging feeling with it, knowing Mitch missed her first few years of her life but she was still excited to see her dad.

What was Rigby going to say before the big bang?

He wanted to be a pterodactyl with a really big penis.

>he didn't seem to do much other than just being Rigby's gf and the occasional voice of reason or doubt
Exactly, there was no role for her but Minty urged her self insert in. Eileen fags got lucky they even got that but they keep crying about what you said, about how she wasn't important or something. Makes it 10x worse that she was even included.

I liked it, but the first Futurama series finale is still the best series finale.

That's not the Big Picture Show OP

>Mordecai gets with neither Margaret nor CJ
>just some random bat
>Margaret was never seen ever again in fact

lol

At least he got with someone we knew since the beginning instead of 3 seconds out of the entire fucking 8 seasons.

This. For some reason I can never remember it when I need to but when someone reminds me all the memories come flooding back. I still remember the countdown.

She was on the local news after reality was fixed, she heard the Park was coming back and left during the broadcast, but when she got there she only hugged Eileen and then disappeared and wasn't even in any crowd shots.

You'd think she'd wave to Mordecai or SOMETHING but they never even were on the screen at the same time, and never saw each other.

Ah yes I'm sure this I'm sure this is how Pops wanted to be remembered

Yea, I thought I was the only one who felt shitty about that. Is it dark humor or just accidentally?

Why the fuck are rigby's kids tall when both parents are so short, it's almost surreal

Rigby's daughters are cute

>Pop's giving people candy, lollipops specifically, is bad
I'm sure he'd absolutely love the idea.

Typically in memory of someone who died you don't make an effigy of them and destroy it.

Like do you just make pinatas of your dead mom and bust her open at a picnic?

What bums me out is that Mordecai is the only one of the cast who got told by George Takei that he and Margaret would have a great life together, and then he is the only one who does not end up with that, while everyone else gets their designated love interests. Another reason why this and the "That's real life" argument just do not work.

It would have been marginally better if they at least showed how he stands with her now.

Bu-but muh themes

Pops is a weird fuckin dude, he would probably love it

How is he weird in that way? Any act of violence makes him go "oh..." while smiling nervously, still trying to be happy. He'd probably do the same thing here but see the candy and go "ha ha!".

Should've just had a bowl of lollis out or something, rather than bashing his head.

you should really watch season 7. It wraps everything with the park on earth pretty much

>I'm so cool and edgy because i hate what's popular

I can understand not liking how popular something is and it irritating you, it used to for anime to me back around 2008 or so, it was so obnoxious to hear everyone talking about it, and it can make it more difficult, depending who you are, to get into it.

But if you like something and start hating it because of that then that's just fucking retarded. At least what I said first isn't as bad and understandable in most cases, but just because there's been 5 threads since Monday night and it went trending on Facebook and Twitter that night doesn't mean you should hate it if you liked it before hand.

For once I'm glad the show is getting good reception, I was tired as fuck lurking in the RS episode threads and they'd just descend to "UGH all you RS fans are so retarded, you'll eat up boring shit like this all the time". I know some of it is just piggybacking off of what's popular on Sup Forums right now (for once something positive, but I know some people are attempting to run it into the ground to make people annoyed) but it's obvious people liked it this time.

That's what I'm saying
It's dumb to hate shot because a lot of people like it alone
If you have a legit reasoreason, that's one thing, but hating something solely because it's 'mainstream' is fuckinh stupid

That's not the EEnE finale.

No, but is easily a 10/10 ending.

Will the Harvey Beaks ending be better then this?

>implying it can get intense
it'll be heartwarming at most

>that episode where harvey gets hit with an acorn and just sits there and cries during a battle

>And Mordecai ended up with the Bat Girl whose voice we never hear?

at least we know her name

What makes you say that.

mordecai said he always wanted to date a girl named the power.

there is no official name for her I believe, but one of the writers said in an AmA that they'd probably call her Stef, because Quintel likes Goonies.

Stop reminding me my 20s, man. Everything in my surroundings has gotten worse as the time flew by.

I'm just waiting for my body to die famalam.

Not even close

For Sup Forums, probably not. It might be Brave and the Bold or Ed, Edd n Eddy.

Best finale I've ever seen to a show at all was Person of Interest.

I fell that we're entering a new dark age with TTG being the eye of the tornado

At least it's not red velvet cake.

I need to get aroun to seeing TBATB

Anyone else feel including Party Horse was kind of weird? Who gives a shit about Party Horse?

I loved the early animation, the change to a more rigid style was so gradual you barely noticed it.

I just hate how the cops got there somehow. At least PH made sense arriving.

Party horse did a little fighting to hold of Streaming but nothing much that's memorable. But he has the ability to travel through space since he has the tech so it's not really bullshit. How the cops got there in a car that isn't magic like the Gareth's is a mystery. Also the baby ducks were a pure Deus Ex Machina. At least with Gareth, the giant babies, Death, Blu-ray and HD DVD, we saw them earlier and they said they'd drop by the fight to help out.

>(pic not related)

This is mixing 3 very different metaphors

whaaat

>Ted Kord and B'wana Beast appeared while Doom Patrol remained dead

Damn man.

The only shit thing about the RS finale compared to the GF one is that its music will never be released.

>"WE GOTTA FLY BETWEEN EM"
>"YOU'RE CRAZY"

genetic work in mysterious ways user

They're also half racoon and half hamster or whatever Eileen is.

She's human with a shit stain hanging from her ass.

and don't forgot courage the cowardly dog

I actually really enjoyed it. Including the 2-3 episodes leading up to it. Actually I think I liked those better, which made the last episode seem better.

mid 20s, and i can feel my group of friends drifting apart. feels bad guys

Show was remarkably consistent, I thought. Not once did the writing take a considerable dive that lasted more than an episode or two. Especially once they figured out how to move past Mordecai's relationship bullshit, the show just kept getting better. Sad to see it go, but excited to see what JG has in store next. The guy's only 35, when you think about it his career has barely even started yet. Maybe an [as] show next?

He said a show in primetime and animation is his favorite idea, but it's obvious he's yearning for some adult material.

The best part of Regular Show was the limits it had, that made it so much more fun knowing that they were actively trying to make a very adult show but also just as suitable for kids as well, rather than either being pure kid-work or pure "mature" dumb adult humor that can cuss and do gore if it wants.

I can definitely agree re: restraints, how they pushed those restraints made up some of the best gags in the series, like the gun slowly jutting out of the VCR in The Ice Tape. I feel like he'd probably try to self-restrain a little bit if not given as many by the network, but who knows. [AS] has been batting damn near a thousand when it comes to making adult shows that aren't dumbed down lately, though.

>[AS] has been batting damn near a thousand when it comes to making adult shows that aren't dumbed down lately
pfft, what? You mean Rick and Morty? I mean sure they have to be creative with their sciency gimmicks and they have to put effort into each new monster creation and world design, rather than Family Guy which literally uses a character builder on a crew site (yes, clicking arrows to customize the character), but it's not mature or anything. I've seen all the episodes unless Season 3 is out now, and I can safely say it's decent at best but it still has some teenager-level jokes often times.

I don't watch [AS] itself though, but all I can think of on the network aside from that is Farland shows, that satan dog thing, and KoTH reruns.

>trying to argue this point while openly not knowing anything about the network's output
almost thought this was a troll post, but giving it the benefit of the doubt

>past shows like Space Ghost, Harvey Birdman, ATHF, various Tim and Eric projects
>present shows like Venture Bros., Dream Corp LLC, R+M (which i agree isn't the transcendental masterpiece people think it is), Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell, Brad Neely projects

Venture Bros. is a legitimate masterpiece of animated storytelling.

also you seem to have some weird aversion to "teenager-level" (???) humor. something can imploy crude humor at times and still be smartly written, you know

>past shows like-
you said lately in the first post, that's what I targetted, and yes I said I wasn't sure about all the shows on the network currently so don't mock me for being open about it, it's not like I called you a retard and that you're wrong even if I'm not informed??

Hope Pops used a sunscreen before the fight, he could get sunburned

>joking about the death of pure good who died for YOUR sins

>that scene where Bluray asked Benson to help her with her bra

Her bitrate IS faster.

>"I wish Pops were here to see this."

>. Also the baby ducks were a pure Deus Ex Machina
In a way, everyone in that scene was a Deus Ex Machina. Sure, they all appeared before and it kinda makes sense that they'd show up (sans Carter & Briggs), but there wasn't a real setup to them being part of the battle, unlike Streaming, Bluray and HD DVD, who had been established as an unresolved conflic rather late into the season.

Hell, if you were gonna bring so many characters back in such an obvios Deus Ex Machina (which I was totally fine with), might as well go full I-dont't-give-a-fuck-about-logic-aymore. Imagine if Margaret, CJ, Starla, Don, Fives' brother and Thomas had shown up in a spaceship named "Deus ex Machina" with Thomas explaining that he stole it from the Russians and has no idea what the name means. That would have been so ridiculous it could have worked.

Anti Pops is that you?

Also what's the episode from the pic?

I want to see a Baby Ducks version that has everyone in it. I'm bored so maybe I'll design one over the next few weeks.