Paranatural Thread

>"No... it's a wrist-saving abstract color background!"

So... breakdancing... spinning upside-down, doing flips and shit? The box has this-way-up arrows, so that fits. Not sure what the deal with the umbrella is, though - opening an umbrella isn't really changing its rotation or anything, unless you count umbrella twirling?

Other urls found in this thread:

paranatural.net/comic/chapter-3-page-40
twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/519950705743114240
twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/519996812271558658
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I miss the pre muslim/black blind lesbian comic

So his having brothers and a master is a Ninja Turtles reference, yeah?

>even more background character storyline spin-off BS

Zack should just stop the comic at this point. Ten-year-olds don't have this much trouble sticking to the plot.

>opening an umbrella isn't really changing its rotation or anything, unless you count umbrella twirling?

Something about this maybe? And the Cane of Pacci?

>When she gains full control of his power, she can flip her enemies inside-out

I hate this character already
I hate how this is taking away from Max
I hate Z for thinking this was a good idea, what a dirty hack

>she can flip the laws of physics so that gravity repels rather than pulls

>she can flip the comic from bad into good

Okay, I know that like 6 years ago when this chapter started people were all kinds of curious about the umbrella and Isabelle's new powers... but for fucks sake, speed thing up. If he doesn't getting going, we might not make it out of this chapter before computers are replaced by voice controlled VR.

>Dialogue directly references the background
>Can't even be bothered to draw a background in the panel
Holy fucking shit, dude

>breaking the golden rule of "show, don't tell" in panel 7.

ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK.

What happened to this dude? Why is his comic so bad now? It was so good before.

Zack can't tell a story well and that became more evident the further he got.

Also when changing the update schedule to 2 pages a week the art quality dropped by a lot because Zack can't keep up, especially with his wrist issue. And he won't bother making changes to how he updates.

Because nobody's saying it and it's going to bug me.
HE BREAKDANCES! THAT'S ALL HE'S GOING TO DO.
It's painfully obvious and he needs to draw it out over 3+? pages.

he was given to her to keep her from being sad and lonely

one might say he flipped her saddness

Let a Smile Be Your Umbrella

It's just setting up an anticlimax joke later when we see his equally radical 80s/90s brothers.

"this is a subway"?

Does it count as show don't tell violation when it's dialog commenting on what we saw in previous page?

His story has expanded in scope far beyond what he can manage now that we're past the introductory chapters.

Tons and tons of character arcs put into motion and he has to give all of them narrative time.

>when changing the update schedule to 2 pages a week the art quality dropped by a lot
The art quality dropped in chapter 3?

paranatural.net/comic/chapter-3-page-40

So his theme is flipping and spinning (and things that can spin when flipped?). I think only flipping is his power though. The up arrow on the box, the way an umbrella works, that's flipping. The being a turtle, the way an umbrella works, and looking ready to breakdance, that's the spinning. Maybe he can spin shit too? Fliping is just spinning 180.

Was that really when it happened? I felt it was more recent.

I guess it wasn't the update schedule to blame then. Just Zack.

>Not a single background in sight, only gradients

Looks like Zack has outdone himself this time.

Nah, it's when Max dreamed of his mom in Chapter 4.

>That update
>"I also put up an extras page where you can find donation wallpapers..."
>"donation wallpaper"
>especially that one pape with the power combo

...I was rooting for that to happen kinda sooner. (; _ ;)

Are you okay bro?

Zack, bb, I miss the old you. I miss the old US.
Why can't things go back to how they were.
No matter what I say, I still love you.

I screwed up my post. And I had to redo it again, and again, and again...stupid ol' me and my stupid mobile posting.

Doesnt his girlfriend make a comic thats basically "Check your Privilege: the Picturebook?"

Was that the reason he had a major backlash against Sup Forums?

>have this cool interesting dynamic of spirits living in their own personalized worlds
>instead draw the simplest fucking backgrounds ever

god i hate what this comic has become

Just read Mob Psycho 100 people. Move on.

>"it's a wrist-saving abstract color background"
>Zack is actively admitting that his lazy art is because of his wrist.
Maybe when his hand falls off we'll be free of this comic. Remember when spirit worlds looked like this?

Also remember when we could go a week without Zack reminding us how genre-aware he is and how he knows all the anime tropes.

> wrist-saving
Bull.
Shit.

I remember when blackblind was introduced. The people who bitched got told to shut the fuck up. Well look at it now

>It's a stage"
Next page is going to be a gag one isn't it? He'll start singing or something.

Yeah he went to shit soon as he stuck his dick in an sjw.

Has he forgotten that they retain aspects of the room they're in?

Basically this

HEY ZACK, I KNOW YOU LOVE USING THE ALT TEXT TO POKE FUN AT YOUR SHORTCOMINGS AS A WRITER AND AN ARTIST.

BUT SHOULDN'T YOU INSTEAD BE TRYING TO RISE ABOVE THESE SHORTCOMINGS INSTEAD OF JUST MAKING FUN OF THEM?

I mean seriously this basic shit Zack.

It's called show don't tell.

You're having a character acknowledge the scenery, it's more important now than ever before to actually draw the scenery. You shouldn't even be going entire pages without doing so regardless.

I mean either his wrists are genuinely fucked up, in which case he can't "rise above his shortcomings", or he's straight-up lying to us, in which case he's obviously not interested in doing so.

Maybe he should just compromise by decreasing update frequency and increasing quality, but audience retention and Patreon bucks are on the line, so I can see why he wouldn't be fond of that option either.

Not that any of this means you're obligated to like he comic as it's going right now. Sometimes shit just happens and there's no good solution.

Tho it makes me wonder what his long-term plans are (provided he's not a lazy liar). He apparently doesn't want to reduce update frequency but he also won't be able to strain his wrists like he did in the past. So is Paranatural just doomed to look like this until the end?

>Characters are literally commenting on the background
>Still doesn't draw

This isn't your average every day hack, this is advanced hack

this, definitely. it's ok to have colored background when it's not the focus, but they are LITERALLY talking about their surrounding there.

Flipping things seems strong tho. The instant you touch someone you can just flip him to make him trip.

Kek.

Literally this.

Considering this page has absolutely no backgrounds? Yes.

>one might say he flipped her saddness
So he's going to turn her frown upside down?

>2034
>personal computers now built into the brain and are controlled by thought
>AI controlled robots usher in global prosperity
>world peace as people work toward exploring the stars
>Paranatural starts Chapter 6

He always continues to work on projects for other webcomics and his patreon whether his wrist is 'acting up' or not so I'm erring on the side of LIAR.

whats her web comic?

I'm gonna have to take a break from Paranatural. Don't know when I'll be back. Been reading diligently since finding it during the whalefrog fight but man it's not doing anything for me now. The internet page was good and there's a good one here and there but it's mostly just painful to read now. This was once my favorite webcomic but it just hurts now. Hopefully when I come back the rush of pages will reinvigorate me.

He breakdances? How do you... Oh because of the box... I can't see it taking up more than one page.

I don't know if it was then exactly.

twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/519950705743114240

twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/519996812271558658

I mean white male guilt alone shouldn't affect the quality of the comic, but his art has been heavily influenced by others' art styles in the last two years, and that coincided with the end of the 3 introductory chapters when all the massive amounts of plots came tumbling out of Zack's brain where he's been eagerly waiting to unleash them for some time.

It's because he switched to all digital drawing on a tablet instead of scanning in hand drawings and also because he's inspired by really boring and uninspiring artists. Either way his art would have suffere.

We complained during the train. If only we fucking goddamn knew. I feel nostalgia of when the threads were going to hell because Zack hated us all of a sudden and people were calling the plot glacial. In a few years the comic's going to look like that Don Hertzfeld Simpsons Couch Gag where as the Simpsons go on they regress into unintelligible blobs.

>yfw he starts singing and it actually segways into the other characters
I don't have a face I'm just posting random images from my Parantural folder in here remember when I loved this shit. Fuck goodbye Paranatural.

What side things has he done as of late?

This comic is actually sucking the life out of me. I may be feeling creative but then I read this and it's just gone. It used to be the opposite and now it's like it's taking all the inspiration back from me. Maybe I'm just tired.

That explains the drop in art quality

>and this is a subway
>red background
>muh wrist

"Monsterkind"
It's about a Human being a social worker for demons who are totally not a hamfisted allegory for minorities.

I feel less like this is a joke and more like this is stalling.

Even if this wasn't a chapter where the protagonists are chasing a badguy, this is dragging on obscenely long for so little.

>Monsters show social worker their clean, middle class apartment in a nice looking neighborhood.
>Comic acts as if this is 80's Queens NY.

That shit cracks me up every time.

It's like Monster Pop but worse and Monster Pop was already bad.

>>"No... it's a wrist-saving abstract color background!"

So get used to the relatively bland art unless he can magically fix his shitty wrist.

>six panels of isabel and a turtle standing next to each other

bravo zack

god damn the art is so tumblr. IDK how a website can have an artstyle so clearly but it definitely does.

It's the colored noses.

Turtles can not outgrow their shells. A turtle shell is literally their backbone.

ssshhh...

He's a hermit turtle obviously.

He's a spirit, bro.
Dead turtles don't need shells.

This is legitimately one of the laziest things I have ever seen in a semi-competent webcomic. He's making Questionable Content look good right now.

You know you've fucked up when a black female SJW comes across as level-headed and calm compared to you.

>my sworn brothers
>our wise and wonderful teacher

There here oes aain, introducin new characters, concepts and mistery instead of doing anything at all with what he already made

>It's about a Human being a social worker for demons
Yeah, like that's going to be a better hit than the more universal "boy sees wild spirits, boy wrangles wild spirits"

You need to get your g key fixed.

>He died as a baby but his spirit still grew
;-;

I can only slightly forgive this pages laziness if it turns out that the subway is literally a stage and Zack tried to show as little as possible in order to hide that.
But he could've worked with certain angles, or just not nade the mislead in the first place.

That's not what spirits are.

Oh, that piece of crap. I saw a thread for it on Sup Forums awhile back and read it, but it wasn't very interesting and the art was pretty bland. Zack must be taking pointers from her.

He's not necessarily a dead spirit. They established early on that a lot of "spirits" never were living.

He also has a severe wrist issue. Like he should honestly be looking for other work.

>make joke answer
>turboautists have to chime in

I know.

What hacks giveth they can also taketh away.
That talent he loaned you? That was always his; a little seed of inspiration to make you work. As you toiled away working your lines and colours, perhaps drawing a background, Zach was seeping yet more of his power out- and waiting. Waiting for the moment when all the talent, swolen and cultivated in the hands of his naive audience, the ones who couldn't let go of a bad comic even as it fell from grace, returned to him. Soon he will call it all back. He will grow fat on your labour and his talent will grow explonentially. He will leave his fans depleted of passion and penchant, and, when you look for salvation and escape in his comic, the one cause of Zach's you can abide you will despair.
The talent is not there. Not discernable at least. He is a hack; no skill or schedule will save the comic from the sentence Zach himself as decreed.
And so began the tale of Darth Zhack, the most fearsome Art Lord of hiveworks

It wasn't a very good joke.

I couldn't be sure that the other guy was actually in on the joke.

It's just more jokes like the student council 12 leaders.

Fuck

We can see where this is going, right.

There's a reason we've just been setup to have the gang go meet Jeff, and Max is there to tag along.

There's no way that Max, our main character, is going to contribute absolutely nothing to the downfall of the villain of this chapter.

The others were all sent on dead end missions based on a red herring, so Max will be the one to discover the truth.

Jeff gave the Activity Club a look as he was led, alone, into the principal's office.

If Hijack was just pretending to be innocent Jeff again, then as soon as Cody asks Jeff what happened and if he's okay.

He'll say he doesn't remember anything between the gym and being in the principal's office, instead of coming to in the teacher's lounge. And only Max will know what that means and go into panic mode.

And I guess the dangerous secret is just Mr Garcia's gay werewolf boyfriend or something?

go on...

Didn't the same thing happen to andrew hussie, or did act 5 start before that

I'm not sure what else there is to go on about.

I guess we can speculate as to what Hijack's mission is.

This chapter we've been introduced to an elaborate middle school power struggle status quo.

Maybe as Principal he's going to abolish the student council and/or make Cody the new puppet president.

MY GOD, LISA HIRED HIJACK ALL ALONG.

No that wouldn't make sense unless she was just pretending.

And arranged this coup very indirectly through third parties.