What are some movies that have an unstoppable villain that is a massive threat and people die/things go to shit...

What are some movies that have an unstoppable villain that is a massive threat and people die/things go to shit whenever they show up? It's a favorite trope of mine

Favorite trope thread

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/1080990_fallen
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Smurfs 2

The Dark Knight

the day the earth stopped turning
IT (kinda)
The Mist

>the day the earth stopped turning

whoops The Day the Earth Stood Still

It Follows. Also, the first Terminator really evoked a great feeling of that, come to think of it.

Logan

The Hitcher

No Country for Old Men

nice hive

Are there any other movies where the seemingly unstoppable villain gets fucked over by complete chance?
Loved that ending.

Most horror movies/slashers are about this.

Duel and Jaws

CollateralI always got lucky with the lights

Reminder that matt Vaughn wrote the ONLY decent x-men films - first class and DOFP and Brian Singer is a literal hack, it's utterly baffling how they let him touch the franchise again after the shit he made

99% of kaiju movies.

Back in my day, a hivemind post set happened at the same time down to the second and the post numbers were sequential.

is this good?

Yes.

Fire in the sky.

DoFP is unironically the best X-Men and the second or third best capeshit movie

Huh

The Thing. Pretty sure something dies every time it appears.

FUCK that movie. You always hear how movies fuck you up the first time you see them and that was my movie. That shit freaked me the hell out.

It's surprising how unnerving it actually is, I wasn't expecting kino of that magnitude.

There is probably a chinese bootleg called this

Its sad that The Sentinals are more memorable and terrifying than any MCU villian.

Agreed

So was the Egyptian guy in the third movie. And also Kevin Bacon.

The MCU is dogshit at villains.

>no one dies
>things don't go to shit
>ayys aren't a massive threat

I don't get it

Vyger in the first Star Trek movie.

The Golden Army from Helboy 2, self-repairing unbeatable machines. The heros had to destory the control mechanism to win.

The Thing ending is ambiguous. Can you ever really beat a microorganism that can survive frozen in ice for eons?

War of the Worlds tripods, till the bugs get them.

This

The blight from Interstellar. Humanity was saved by antigravity tech from the future.

This is a fact

good taste familia
captcha: familia

Nuke the site from orbit

Predator (1987)

pic relator shows massive threat of unstoppable villan

Was about to post this.

Halloween is one of the classic examples. Loomis explaining Michael is still god tier.

I like the title it received in my country. sounds more sad and poetic.

"Days of a forgotten past"

That's a great title

The skeletons from Jason and the Argonauts.

Seriously three guys go into that fight, two of them just get straight up murdered, and the third has to jump off a cliff to get away.

Fallen staring Denzel Washington. The villian is a incorporeal demon named Azazel who can possess humans either by transfering his essence by touch or when it's host dies by entering the nearest person. It likes to murder other people while in its host body and Denzel plays a homicide dectective Azazel takes a special interest in because Denzel's character is a special kind of person where Azazel cannot enter him by touch. Azazel goes about tormenting the dectective throughout the movie. Eventually Denzel tries to kill Azarel by first mudering his own partner who was possessed and then committing delayed suicide with cyanide right before he himself is possessed. All in a secluded area in hope that Azazel wont be able to find another host before it dies. But he ends up failing and it is a bleak ending.

What country?

Berserk

Is that sentinel mango?

>7% on RT
very skeptical

There is another film named Fallen. You might be looking at its page. This is the film I am talking about: rottentomatoes.com/m/1080990_fallen

It is a good movie. It is dark and moody.

Fuck. These spooky-ass guys legit gave me nightmares as a kid after watching that movie.

This one.

Holy fuck. Every time it gives me the chills.

Tiiiiiimmeeee is on myyyy siiiiiideee,oh yesss it issss

Gave me a good chuckle

>the 24-hour period of solar revolution in which the earth's rotation ceased to continue occurring

Villain truly cares for protagonist and is antagonizing them to bring out their best

this movie was pure kino

this

the agents and sentinels in the matrix

What fucking movie are you talking about retard

This

The Omen films. Fate, or possibly Satan, will make coincidences occur to kill anyone who gets in the way of the Antichrist.

Yeah Christ, this

Jaws

any examples

>hero saves bacon

IT

Darth Vader and the Emperor toy with Luke in empire and return

The aliens in Skyline. Bad movie but the pic related scene was amazing. Last ditch effort is to nuke the ship and even that doesn't make a dent.

Azazel is an archdemon in official catholic doctrine
He’s basically responsible for roasties being roasties

Independence Day

Bloodwork actually fits that to a tee.

Isn't that from the director of The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down?

He gave you one; I'm assuming that's Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho

X2 is fucking great and 1 is also alright. The rest are pretty shit unfortunately.

>Villain is smug and cocky, always one step ahead of the protagonists
>Starts to panic when he realizes he's been outsmarted and his plan is falling apart

You're thinking of the guy who directed Help! I'm Stuck in the Computer! Both starred Keanu so it's a common mistake.

>unstoppable villain
>BLOMF
Lmao

This guy !!!

>day the earth stopped turning

WAS

I think they're both from the writer of, "Timmy and the clonesauris"

>the third movie

That fucking cat

So basically it was End of Days? Gaaaay.

Amy Dunne

Villain truly cares for protagonist’s boipussi and is antagonizing them to bring out their best

Put me in the inevitable /r/Sup Forums ebic post :^))

>the entirety of the eclipse
>Doldrey
Only thing that stopped him was guts when he was human, and that was because he just kinda gave up
And just in case this means Guts
>100 men slaying
>every apostle fight
>troll fight
>somewhat the eclipse because the man tore the horn off a apostle and started stabbing people with it
>the tower