Stupid Super Hero weaknesses

Stupid Super Hero weaknesses.

>raw unprocessed natural material
Now I'm no biologist, but wouldn't that include the body of any living being? So unless she's fighting a robot she's pretty much vulnerable to any punch or kick.

>Have Super Strength
You can just chuck an uprooted tree or a bolder at her, whittle down a stick to a sharp edge and impale her, or David and goliath her ass with a sling.

Her nemesis is the Jewish supervillain Sgt. Slinger!

Maybe processed also includes more complex organisms, living things in general, or just being considered processed because they were "born"?

I honestly have no idea, it's incredibly vague, but it's really stupid nonetheless.

So she's vulnerable to 90% of the planet? Who the fuck came up with this shit?

Alan Scott's was one of the dumbest.

You know what's really stupid? Superman having not one, not two, but three fucking weaknesses. Guys like Thor, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, and Hulk have no weaknesses at all, but because casuals complain that Superman is too OP they gave a him a truckload of vulnerabilities.

They honestly need to get rid of at least one.

>All of Superman's powers
>Power Ring
>Can stand up to Superboy Prime one-on-one
>is vulnerable to lead

wat

He has:

-Kryptonite
-Electricity
-Magic
-Mind Control

Probably missing something else.

Why are comicbook writers so shit?

A Jewish superhero who's signature weapon/tool is a sling? That must have been done at some point, it seems almost too obvious a reference to make not to have been...

He had ion which is basically the embodiment of will, he can basically reality warp. But then he fought prime with his fists and didn't rely on constructs and shit

Superman isn't vulnerable to magic, he just isn't especially resistant to magical effects.

Like if you cast a hex to change him into a frog he should change, but if you shot him with magic missile it wouldn't do damage unless it was an incredibly powerful version that would turn a normal person into a greasy smear.

High-frequency sounds can mess him.

>Capeshit writers
>Making intelligent fights
>Not just smashing the two super strong guys into each other like actions figures

If capeshit writers were intelligent they wouldn't be writing capeshit.

I like that Superman has a lot of weakness.

-Pheromones
-And I can't believe no one mentioned a red sun or a room that mimics it's effects.

Red Sunlight

Being female.

Don't forget giant robots and holographic draculas.

>-Pheromones

You're fucking with me.

I swear Poison Ivy did it once.

And Orion's wife, Bekka.

She did but had to use kryptonite for it to have any effect.

Wasn't that with Batman, because of how stunted he was emotionally?

Right. Nevermind then.

>...is "kind" offensive at all?
I take it this was written in the [CURRENT YEAR]?

Technically aren't all of those human weaknesses too?

Even kryptonite, because if you are around it too long it gives you cancer.

Electricity is not a weakness of comicbook Superman. Hence comic Livewire's superhuman ability to turn up whenever Superman is depowered. Maybe DCAU Superman, but a stiff breeze can knock him over.

Neither is mind control. Superman is very resistant it took Maxwell Lord years to gain control, where as he can gain control of any other being instantly.

So we get the idea that Supes is vulnerable to Kryptonite, and magic. Then we got the Wicked Witch from the West whose weakness is water, Spidey is weak against Raid bug spray (seriously), and the obscurely shit villainess Asbestos Lady who got cancer from her own material.

No.
At the time Kryptonians outside of Superman were hated on earth because of New Krypton.

Lots of people are weak against Raid, you'd die if I sprayed Raid in your face.

Also it was Asbestos Man you fuckin casual.

Hes gonna sling ya

This apparently must be repeated constantly. Byne said that while he was not a writer of Superman nor was that any sort of official stance by DC.
The same month featured Captain Marvel sucker punching Superman down in one shot because hes made of magic and that's Superman's weakness.
Superman has constantly been shown as vulnerable to magic for decades when he's been defeated by things simply due to their property being magical.
The only exception to magical things not doing 9999999999 damage to Superman involves vampires and even then they can pierce his skin but immediately explode because they just tried to drink a bunch of sunlight.
All humans on Earth have innate magical resistance so as far as everyone on Earth is concerned he IS weak to magic.

Pesticide is toxic, grumpy-dumpy. There's a reason you shouldn't spray it on your face.

I don't care. I'm still going to bring it up next time someone says he's weak to magic.

See you then idiot.

Thats retarded. The other post makes much more sense.

Domino has phobia to chickens and Venom to small amounts of fire.

Kryptonite is his weakness, he just doesn't resist the others at all or just not enough to tank big hits.

Because he had to fight superboy prime directly after getting Ion, so he probably didn't get enough time to process having it yet

He's extra vulnerable to it compared to what one would expect as a baseline amount of damage..
Electricity is not really a main weakness. It's something that damages the hell out of him in the cartoon which automatically gets assumed to mean the same thing in the comics thanks to how popular it was.

Stop trolling the internet and spreading LIES everywhere Byrne.

>stick an explosive inside a wooden box tied to the love of his life that'll explode from the slightest disturbance

How does he get out of this one?

Supergirl said they're vulnerable to it.
And it's been shown in her own series when she fought Livewire.

Red Sun is just retarded in how it's portrayed 99% of the times. In concept it just doesn't feed Clark any more power so he just runs on reserves (which should equate more or less to him working on a cloudy night) but for some reason Clark's reserves always run out in less than a minute under a red sun.

Writers basically treat it as if its flushes out the yellow sunlight power in his cells and replaces it with useless red sunglight?

>You're sweet
I miss Steph as Batgirl

So do I. She was fun.

Then you've got stupid-ass silver age nonsense like the bigger the red run, the more super the natives are, to the point he's vulnerable to them.

you need to adjust your viewpoint, specific weaknesses only work as a comicbook plot point when defined against an otherwise-absolutist power. Superman's invulnerability used to be absolute, *nothing* could hurt him at all. So, kryptonite was introduced. Alan's ring could do absolutely anything he thought of, so they introduced something he couldn't manipulate/control in wood.

Thor doesn't have a weakness because Thor doesn't have any 1930's-era absolutist skills. He is highly durable but he isn't invulnerable. Or flip the coin, he *does* have a weakness - to anything and everything capable of dishing out sufficient damage to overcome his durability.

They're just old plot holdovers that have little relevance today outside of their nostalgia factor after all this time. You're not going to see many new heroes introduced with a defined weakness ever again. Other than obvious stuff like a guy who can turn into fire has a problem with water and vacuum, but thats kinda power-inherent, while there is nothing specific about a wishing ring that makes is weak to wood.

In the late-70s and early-80s, Supes went through a period that anything "atomic" or "nuclear" tended to have much more effect upon his invulnerability than you would've thought overwise. When the Atomic Skull was intrroduced, specifically. At the time he was a glass cannon of a villain, baseline human durability but could fire those atomic blasts from his brain, he would routinely fuck superman up.

surprise surprise, lotsa different writers over the decades have interpreted "invulnerability" differently.

Wonder Woman's weakness to sharp objects, really kinda bothers me. The idea that she can "at times" beat Superman, through down with Doomsday, punch a nuke, etc.. etc...

But some random dude with a .45 can plug her in the back of the head? Or that she still can get pricked from a rose? It's one of the weaknesses that's still around that really bothers the me the most.

It's a holdover from the fact that she's (originally) a charles atlas type superhero. She's vulnerable to being stabbed/shot in the same way that Captain America is vulnerable to being hurt but she actually has decades of power creep while still maintaining basic human vulnerabilities.
Sure she has alot of magic involved but the Amazons themselves (and her by extension) were just really buff. Diana merely gets some basic god blessings on top of that.

Yup. Wonder Woman was Captain America-tier, but then to make her more like Superman they started to give her powers a boost, retcon out some powers (talking to animals) and introduce new ones (flight). All so she could be female Superman.

The thing is, the bracelets were iconic as fuck and her deflecting bullets with it one of her signature moves. So what you going to do, eh?

And now she is stronger than superman when she goes super saiyan god super saiyan

Yeah, but she's been one of my favorites for about a decade now. Pretty much read everything about her.

I don't care about the bracelets all that much. I mean, they're cool and all and she can still use them. It just doesn't make any since to me anymore how she can fight then people she does and not just accidently die, by being punched through a window and being impaled on some random debris.

I sorta care about the rich history of where the character designs come from, but there comes a point when it's time to let go certain qualities when it comes to her.

I say, keep her weird BDSM motif, wrap her up in the lasso from time to time. But do something to get right of such a huge weakness. Or at least make it make more sense than it does.

So she punched by Doomsday, someone who can level a mountain; gets up.

She stabbed by some guy named Bob; doesn't get back up.

That's just too odd for me.

Ain't that a thing.

I honestly think that DC lost their touch with Wonder Woman by trying to make her female Superman. Lots of things that were neat about her got lost in the process.

Like, original amazons were either demigods (Hippolyta being the daughter of Ares) humans (most of the amazons) cohabiting together. They remained immortal thanks to a spring of youth that healed them.

But in their attempt to make Wonder Woman more like Superman the amazons now have turned into a new kind of race called... the amazons, where they're super-powered and immortal just because.

Honestly, the best thing would be if DC stopped trying to place Superman and Wonder Woman as equals power-wise.

She should be Aquaman-tier. Strong and durable enough for big fights, but an AK going at full force at her can still hurt and make her skin bleed.

So, what, going outside in her bare feet causes her to fucking collapse like she had boneitis?

>It just doesn't make any since to me anymore how she can fight then people she does and not just accidently die, by being punched through a window and being impaled on some random debris.
I personally figured that was a result of the protection enchantments/blessings she has. Killing/harming wonder woman (to the best of my horrible memory since she doesn't really die alot) seems to involve personally hurting her. Accidental or secondary damage doesn't really seem to happen to her.
It's always the initial strike that seems to do damage unless it's something bonkers like and I don't even know if the landing actually hurt her in the page afterwards but I'm gonna assume it does.

TLDR Good luck charm in a literal sense?

Thor did start out with one vulnerability, if he let go of his hammer for more than a minute, he reverted to Donald Blake. They hardly ever used it since it ran counter to the other properties of the hammer and it didn't matter any more after the Blake persona was phased out.

Not any more than touching a bullet would cause your hand to explode.

Electricity, yet he can fly into a star. It is all connected to light. Plasma! Damn this make me mad as hell.

So if Superman was in a SMT game. His stats would read...

Strength:80,Agility:70,Magic:0,Vitality:80,Luck:50

Strong against Phsyical and aliments
No resistance against (magic) fire, ice, wind, electricity
Weak against expel and curse(light and dark magic)

Somebody is getting Mamudo'd

I'll take her word for it since she's a better expert on kryptonians.
I always figured livewire and the like were just exceptionally powerful since I feel (vaguely) like he's tanked fairly large electric blasts in the past plus some barely remembered story where his powers can get randomly transferred into other people via lightning. ( I know it happened on the TV show with the asian Superman but I feel like that in particular was inspired by silver age shenanigans)

She's had that for a long time. And I feel like ti should be called Wonder Woman God Wonder Woman as ssgss seems more akin to nu52 Kara.

funny, I'm actually playing Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army currently.

Good taste user. Real quality.

Thanks and with all SMT games, love the style and god damn Raidou is fabulous as fuck

Every fucking time with this autism.