/vld/ - Voltron General

Meta Game Mania Edition

Disc 1: Season 2 is a thing that just happened! What did you guys think of it?

I don't think Shiro is dead

>The flaws of the Avatar team style of writing come out this season

They rushed things that didn't have to be rushed while dragging on episodic stuff that wasn't needed.

The whole point of Netflix is that you can make a show you can consume in bursts, you don't need to structure it like an episodic series.

Off screening the whole "I'M AN AYLAMO" is terrible

Ah well, Shiro has gone off to join Canon in the Gordion crystals, RIP.

I hope Vrepit Sal uses Hunk's recipes and eventually starts a franchise of Vrepit Sal's all over the galaxy.

He could be dead but personally i feel there is more to it

Shiro can't die until he brings the Holts Home.

Still no download links?

The way they did i can see Shiro coming back - i mean we didn't see a body. I just think he's out of commission for a while (most likely next season)

Considering how much magic and otherwise-beyond-science they do, I figure the black lion sent him somewhere that may not actually exist in the normal sense, like that otherrealm where he and Zarkon fought for the love of ol Blackie. Who knows why but given the lions have minds of their own it wouldn't be a huge surprise. Maybe another "trip" into the past this time seeing what caused Zarkon to become a massive bag of dicks.

You can find the first four eps in SD on wewatch (dot) be, but make sure you bring your adblocker. The thevideo (dot) me embeds allow direct download.

>no lotor
>thace is basically nothing
>oh shit keith youre a galra ok lets not expand on that even one bit
>2 episodes biulding up to a final fight and no villains are killed
>pidge your brother is alive oh well lets not talk about it again
i liked it but god they wasted so much

>for the love of old blackie

so you're saying Shiro was blacked, and Zarkon is a cuck

I suppose one reason might be the Black Lion wants Shiro to see and understand what happened back then because it might be worried it can happen again. It clearly sided with Shiro fully by the end and probably doesn't want another corrupt Paladin.

>not watching one episode per day
lmao enjoy your eternal hiatus, losers.

Obviously they intended to kill Shiro, but changed the ending of Season 2 because of his popularity.

They were early enough into Season 3 development that they couldn't just NOT do something to him, but they've probably reworked it into some spirit quest thing rather than killing him. So we'll get 2 or 3 episodes of "WHERE'S SHIRO" before he comes back.

He's been blacked ever since he put on the suit. Fortunately they are one, so he's also blacking at the same time.

I waited 7 years for a movie, and 5 years for a sequel series. This hiatus is like BABY to me.

We will likely get more on Keith's parents next season as well as Pidge's brother.

Probably early on when they think the Galra are defeated. It'll take a bit for Princy Poo, probably, and his dad is still in his soap opera coma.

Lance:
>gotta protect that smile

Does it exist on a site that is not Netflix yet?

When do you think Shiro will return because honestly i doubt he's fully dead

At the end of the arc where Keith and Lance fight over who should be the new Black Paladin.

i was so pissed they didnt kill zarkon.2 whole fucking episodes saying "THIS IS THE FINAL FIGHT IT ALL DEPENDS ON THIS" and it changed nothing.The galra army took army, so what.The villains are still alive.
They should have just killed him.Kill him and make lotor and the witch the new leaders.
Didnt help that zarkon was such a whiny bitch."WAAAAH I WANT MY BLACK LION WAAAAAAH"

*took damage,not army

TORRENT WHERE?

>The flaws of the Avatar team style of writing come out this season
Really? wow thats sad. I thought this series would change everything for cartoons

really? season 1 wasnt even that good.it was fine.

Yeah i agree but everyone on the internet was hyping it so much. Maybe it was just the fujos and tumblr tho

So what's the verdict on season 2?

Lotor better show up and wreck EVERYTHING in Season 3/10

it was fine but almost everything led to nothing.they hype up this final battle that ends with no results.The villains dont die and the heroes are inconvinienced.So they wasted a whole season for a fight that had no winners.
We got to learn a few truths but even that was handled terribly.
5/10. funny enough, the mall episode, which without the shiro stuff was filler,was the best one.

The thing with Season 1 is that Season 1 had a very consistent core story from point A to point B.

The only real episode that was kind of just there was the one where the Blue Lion almost gets hijacked. Everything else was used to move the story forward.

The problem with Season 2 is that we get a lot more episodes that are just "WACKY SPACE ADVENTURE" and so less time is spent on character building and the plot jumps a lot more between downtime and HIGHSTAKES.

It tried to go too fast when it needed to slow down. There was actual build up for "THIS IS THE FINAL BATTLE" that made it feel like a Final battle and in the end the conclusion wasn't satisfying.

The Season 1 finale was better paced and had higher stakes.

>there are people in this thread who couldn't control themselves and binged the entire season already

Why would you do this to yourselves. The wait for season 3 will be painful if you rushed.

The wait is fine. I'm used to waiting for anime and shit. The issue is the disappointment that they couldn't keep the story as tight as Season 1.

because its better than logging into Sup Forums and seeing a board telling me shiro dissapeared or the witch is from alluras race