The actually and went ahead and did it

The actually and went ahead and did it.

time.com/4639911/ta-nehisi-coates-is-expanding-the-black-panther-universe-with-the-crew/?xid=time_socialflow_twitter

But Manifold isn't black, he's an aborigine.

I kinda expected it.
The main series had like a giant #1 new arc the crew on it when it was actually just like part 7 of the first arc.

>Black Panther and the NEGROS in their eternal battle against THE MAN

I get Misty and Luke teaming up.

I get Black Panther and Storm teaming up.

But I dont get how these 5 specifically would form a team outside of 'we're black'.

>all Asian team-up
>all black team-up

Next is the all Hispanic team-up, right?

nah latinos are only considered a minority during election season

I get Storm, Panther, and Cage teaming up. They're A-B list heroes on the Avengers.

I really wonder how they're going to spin this. They might as well have called them the Blackvengers.

What does T'Challa have in common with Luke Cage or Misty Knight beyond their skin color?

Eh, I would have been surprised if this hadn't been announced to be honest. But man, what the fuck happened to Cassidy.

Technically, Manifold isn't black. He's an abo.

This cover is meh but the Secret Empire one though damn.

Huh? The other 2 books sell that well?
Is it going to replace World of Wakanda?

It has already been established that all black heroes belong to a special group that gets together for things. Even the Nick Fury jr. was invited to join.

I like how nobody calls marvel out on this racism...

>literally a coloreds only book

Fuck sake Marvel.

The question is where's Rhodey?

T'challa used to be a teacher in Harlem

It looked like this is what he always set up to write anyway. Too bad that The (original) Crew was a damn good comic book on its own and a great detective story at that and Coates doesn't seem to be too experienced with that. I hope someone else gives him a hand to shadow-write it.

They met up because he died

I assume that's the "man down"

>black characters
>refereed as crew

Is this racist? It feels racist.

Spoiler alert: The first story arc in "Black Panther and Da Crew" revolves around a suspect who dies while in police custody.

Thanks for the info. I know very little of modern Marvel.

The main book sells extremely well. World of Wakanda has mediocre sales but still better than you'd expect from a Black Panther spin-off book that doesn't even star BP. It always came off as a stealth mini though so I can't imagine it's going to be lasting much longer. The point was to fill out the OCs that Coates had made in the main book and there's not really any left to go through.

>a special team JUST FOR BLACK HEROES
They don't even realize that is pretty racist, right?
Like the "Black Only" Diners level racist

the most diverse of marvel teams

I liked that book too

fun fact: Alex Power was originally going to be a part of it.

Would you say it was hella diverse?

>The Crew
At least isn't "Da Crew"

I hope that when it bombs, Coates doesn't react like the bitch that made Mockingbird

>See the Asian team up cover
>404: Colleen Wing not found

Why must she suffer?!?!

So this is just so Marvel can have a bunch of recent Black Panther material to push with his movie next year right?

Other then maybe the main Black Panther comic, I don't see the others lasting till 2018 but they'll push them in trade form.

>Why must she suffer?!?!
Don't worry, she'll be everywhere after March.

Another D.O.A. book

She'll even become Danny's love interest again!

I can't wait to see the cartoonishly evil white villain

i'm hype. i wanna see more TNC Storm

Reminder that this was a series by Priest too

marvel shill detected

So what? I'm supposed to be enamored with this lame concept?

Does black comic characters sell well?
I am from south america, I don´t care if there is a latin american characters (usually I prefer if there are not)...is so big the black comic readers community (and need this kind of representation) so big that they need to enforce this kind of comics? Do they sell so much in africa?

Too white

His had a line-up that actually made sense though. Coates keeps proving that he's a bad fiction writer.

I want digitals of that.

~40,000 is seen as good sales on a comic book. There's over 42 million blacks in America.

Coates needs to reel this shit in. They already have a Black Panther spin-off book that's completely unnecessary.

And the problem is?

That you exist

Again the problem is?

It's about synergy with movies
There's too many shithumans books
There's too many captain marvel volumes as well
and there's too many Doctor Strange books either, albeit they aren't as bad as BP, or other marvel shit

That you should kill yourself, and you didn't
Do it now

Black people are insecure.

>Working with your ex
Black Panther is a brave fool

those 40.000 sales are from only USA, I suppose.
There are some chart sales of World sales?

I think if you took Batman sales around the world it would go from 60.000 to 120.000 but Black Panther sales would not have a major increase.

And Quicksilver.

Not sure if I would have liked it either way, 616-Alex was always an asshole compared to the Gurihiru version so Priest's take on him wasn't that different from the norm.

>There are some chart sales of World sales?

No.

>(usually I prefer if there are not).

And this is sad, you should feel bad.

>the illuminegros

No my friend white people are insecure

We blacks just like to take every opportunity to fuck with them

Example: give me money for my great-grandfather's hardship

If there's one thing both liberazis and right-wingers both agree on, it's that nationality doesn't matter when identifying race. Only the color of your skin. If his skin is dark, he's black.

>my grandpa used to be white
>he moved to Florida after retiring
>now his skin is darker after so much sun
OH SHI--

why? I don´t remotely feel represented by the interpretation of what pass of a latin american in the comics. I usually feel more excited by my city cameo (which occurs one time in 30 years) or my country named than a full series of blue beetle or Nova being "latin characters"

This would be alright if the main BP book was filled with stuff happening and they needed another book to but it all in, but it really doesn't seem like it needs to be. The main book is very decompressed and nothing ever seems to happen. BP spends most of the time doing nothing except monologue about how hard everything is, and barely suits up. He seems like he can barely handle any situation and the book basically has every character scream "Monarchies are bad, we want democracy!" Then of course thats all a side show since the real story spends most of its time focusing on Ayo and Nakia and how they're the best at everything and can do no wrong. And the subplot about Shuri. And his mom and her former mentor. And the Crew being formed. Like, if it was faster paced, the book would be great, but it took 6 issues for the main villain to be revealed and then hes beaten in one page by the crew. Nothing happens and when it does, its anticlimactic.

Then again, when you have a writer known for writing personal prose novels about father son dynamics and put him onto a comic where he has no one to interact with, its bound to have some issues in presentation. Its very much a victim of telling and not showing

Okay, so which team would win? Black Avengers or Asian Avengers?

Black Panthers group is called The Crew,how America of the writer
Not the Panther Guard or the kings guard or what ever a group of Panthers is called no they are The Crew
Oh and they bring up Black lives matter and a guy killed in police custody
That's really gonna sell well in canada right

>Your face when they synergise her as having black hair.

>Ta Nehisi

Talk about muh cultural appropriation, Jesus. Also it's ridiculous.

>Again

Que?!

Isn't she half Chinese-American?

Has Luke Cage power creeped his way to Hulk level yet?

Maybe, if you're US-Centric.

Half-Chinese, half-Japanese.

half mayo is already too much, user

>a special team JUST FOR BLACK HEROES
They don't even realize that is pretty racist, right?
Like the "Black Only" Diners level racist

oops, meant to reply to oh, I always thought she was half white american

People seem very confused over whether Professor Lee Wing is Chinese-American (with Irish ancestry), or whether he's Caucasian. Marvel casting a Hapa actress didn't help.

I am very curious as to if Marvel is going to "White-Wash" Mr. Wing.

>It's even on TVTropes, and I wish someone would correct it/say something. They're even worse when it comes to Iron Fist. It's frustrating.

Who would be included?

>Robbie Reyes
>El Aguila
>White Tiger

...?

>League of Black People

also, where the fuck is Monica?!?!

Aracely aka Hummingbird

Where does it say "Blacks Only"

>they gave coates another comic to keep him at marvel

COATES YOU FOOL
YOU COULD'VE RUN WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE

These guys.

Hm, I take it back, you shouldn't feel bad. I like this post.

I like that John Cassaday cover; I'm a total shill for John Cassaday.

that is a USA thing. Americans think all the brown people in the last Pokemon game are black africans.
I saw the Flashdance woman in a Being black in the 80s documentary.

I feel like this is almost an insult to Storm.
In the 80s she was the leader of the best selling comic book in the western world for years.

Nova is a spic now?

Chevy Nova... he should be Impala

Busy being written by Ewing and doing cosmic shit.

Firebird, Araña, Rictor, Reptil, these guys

>black people stealing klingon names

El Medico Mistico

Sunspot?

Do Brazilians count?

Junta

No. Brazilians speak Portuguese, not Spanish. Hence, not Hispanic.

I fucking love Planetary, but I genuinely don't see how you can like modern Cassidy. The dude has been phoning it in for years now.

>Nova is a spic now?
His mother was always hispanic, but his dad was white as they come and Sam was always drawn as white. You'd only know he was hispanic by reading his comic and seeing his mother and even then you could be mistaken in thinking that she was just really tan.

But in the new volume, they've darkened his skin and are really playing up the hispanic aspect which is kind of annoying but whatever, the new volume is great so if that comes at the expense of playing up Sam's hispanic half then so be it.

If the Asian team has anything from Pakistan to Korea and the Black team even includes an Australian aborigine, surely anything from the Americas below the US counts?

I tried shitposting on here before about how Kamala was black because of her skin color and no one took the bait.