So is there a reason to why people consider her WW's arch nemesis...

So is there a reason to why people consider her WW's arch nemesis? From what I can tell Cheetah has no real connection to Wonder Woman the same way Ares and Circe have. Seems Cheetah only cares about beating wonder woman just because. Is there a way to fix her?

Cheetah has had more exposure in other media, thats basically the reason why. Ares technically is her arch. Problem with Cheetah is that shes had so many incarnations that writers dont know what to do with her. Is she a weirdo in a catsuit? A mutant? A woman cursed by a dagger?

Superfriends

Nope. Just a holdover from the silver age

Ares and Dr. Psycho make more sense thematically than Cheetah does.

but they weren't on Superfriends

So what hasn't Wonder Woman killed her yet. I though she has no problem with killing?

WW killed Medusa, Lord Max and many others, but not Cheetah yet, I see. This better not be some Batman/Joker bullshit.

Wasnt there a huge chain of threads based around fixing and updating Wonder Woman's villains? Anyone have the links to them?

Because post-Crisis Cheetah is basically Diana's version of Two-Face

Cheetah's evil level is usually lower than that.

>Lord Max
What are his superpowers again? Dominion over all people named Max?

Connection isn't the end-all, be-all of nemesis definition. The Joker can just be a crazy guy that Bats keeps running into.

IMO Cheetah is Wondy's best thematic villain. Most of the best archvillains are mirrors or opposites of the hero. Luthor's brain vs Supes' brawn (opposite), or Bizarro (mirror). Flash vs Captain Cold (opposite) or Zoom (mirror). In Cheetah's case, she is Wondy's trained warfare vs sheer animal instinct, civilization vs savagery.

Wondy could use better villains, I think we can all agree on that. Some mirror-villains (an evil amazon, I guess washername, darkseid's daughter, kinda counts), some opposites (dr psycho's mentalism vs Wondy's physicality, for example). But none seem to stick or have any strong appeal, perhaps a reflection on the general uninteresting-ness of Diana herself.

Cant we, I dont know, make her a curse on the Amazons or something? Perhaps giving her mild animal traits like cat eyes/claws, throw a cheetah pelt/themed armor, and not go full furry? Maybe a curse Ares made, a Cheetah will always try to destroy Themyscira

>Wondy could use better villains
she had the perfect villain and they threw him away

The thing is, Wonder Woman's villains work a lot better if you view them through Diana's original lens of protector of love and femininity.

Ares is all macho violence and anger.
Dr. Psycho has nothing but hate for everyone and everything.
I'm sure there's more but I can't remember them.

>But none seem to stick or have any strong appeal,
Because they weren't on Superfriends.

Mind control is a shit power

He's propably talking about Maxwell Lord.

He's kinda like of that "pusher" guy from X-files

someone is a little superfriends-obsessed.

first, i dont think superfriends' influence is a pivotal as you suggest, not when it hasnt been on the air for 40 years.

two, i think you might be flipping cause and effect. alot of the Legion of Doom members didn't become seen as their heroes arch-villains after superfriends due to the show, but that these villains were *already perceived* as the hero's arch-villains when they were casting the Legion members.

(before someone asks, Joker wasn't in the Legion due to his being reserved for another cartoon out at the same time, and that cartoon couldnt use riddler or scarecrow because of superfriends having the rights. the superfriends creators *wanted* joker but couldnt get him, so got saddled with the villains the other cartoon didnt want)

Maxwell Lord is the furthest thing from a WW villain.

Normies have no idea who Wondy's villains are. Ask people on the street who Darkseid, Toyman, Metallo, or Clayface is. They may not know them well, but they have at least heard of those fuckers. Now ask them who Dr. Psycho, Angle Man, or Silver Swan is. The only two WW enemies most people know about are Cheetah and Giganta, and Giganta doesn't count because most folks believe she's Apache Chief arch. Maybe, MAYBE, they're vaguely aware that she fights Greek myths but that's it. Wonder Woman is a B-list superhero with A-list brand recognition. The public knows OF her but they don't know much ABOUT her

>From what I can tell Cheetah has no real connection to Wonder Woman the same way Ares and Circe have

>From what I can tell Lex Luthor has no real connection to Superman the same way Brainiac and General Zod have

>From what I can tell Joker has no real connection to Batman the same way R'as and Hugo Strange have

>So is there a reason to why people consider her WW's arch nemesis

Because she's Wonder Woman's arch nemesis.

This.

Good job parroting Cucka. Now explain your statement.

>Circe is a manhater
>Cheetah is the personification of PMS

Because that's too close to Circe's gimmick.

Villains don't need to be curses or some shit- they just need personal connections to their hero. Circe hates the Amazons, but Cheetah hates Diana.

I still think making her a magic beast/warrior is the better way to go

>Cheetah hates Diana.
why?

I asked around once and was told her true archenemy's Circe.
From what I've since read I'd say so too. Perez REALLY wanted that to be a thing. So much animosity.
I guess it's a Namor situation. People are told his nemesis is Attuma, but it really ain't. Attuma just shows up (and gets smacked down) the most, and that's followed through to other media. Despite the fact that he's a chump who's record ain't got SHIT on Llyra.

Do you consider archenemy and archvillain different terms?
Because it's not just about themes. An archenemy requires some deep personal connection. They need a real hate boner going on.