Witchblade is getting a TV series by NBC

>comicbook.com/2017/01/20/witchblade-tv-seriesin-development-at-nbc-universal/

The costume for her other show was bad enough, I can't imagine what a 2017 interpretation will look like. Only good thing to come out of this if it gets picked up is that the comic will start up again.

Like anyone could do it justice in 2017. This is going to be a train wreck.

Sounds like cheap Supernatural shit.

From the producers of CSI and Vampire Diaries

YES

I mean it's the perfect TV concept, it's a comic for the Buffy era. And shows inspired by Buffy are still popular so it's not too surprising that they would want to do this even though the comic isn't currently running. That said it will be shit if it even gets made.

>Still no Darkness by adult swim

Goddammit.

>Still no Darkness III from Starbreeze

DOUBLE GODDAMMIT.

Anime series wasn't that bad.

Agreed.

It was actually pretty well made.

Nothing special, but pretty solid.

>liveaction witchblade
My Madozuki folder isn't big enough for this.

>start up again.
Wait, did the comic end?

It was fucking awful.
One of a select few shows I've actually dropped, and I managed to sit all the way through Green Green.

Witchblade won't be as waifu material as Anime Witchblade

They're going to remove all the T and A from the costume, aren't they?

In the last series she wore street clothes and the Witchblade was just an arm gauntlet, and that was 15 years ago. T&A is even less accepted now.

This is what saddens me. If they were to get actress comfortable with her body and eager to wear a comic accurate costume, this would probably still be a shit show considering the forces at work, but might be watchable in spite of it.

Pretty sure we tried this already. It didn't go so well.

I think the costume is kind of too much for live action honestly, it looks good in a comic but I haven't seen a cosplay of it I thought worked. They could tone it down somewhat and it would make it sexier, maybe a Wonder Woman type one piece thing.

There have been some good attempts, and even a TV show budget ought to have access to the requisite materials. A little foam, some liquid latex. It's doable, but probably not something a network show would put much effort in. I REALLY wish this would be on Netflix instead.

Didn't it get an anime at one point?
Also if this leads to the Darkness getting a series that's good.

That would be nice.

how many adaptations is this property going to get? I could have sworn there have been at least a couple of TV shows or movies already.

They pretty much did away with it in the comics, too. It started to look more like armor and cover her nearly head to foot for a large majority of the Ron Marz years.

I hear Hayley Atwell isn't doing anything...

With a comic accurate costume, I would be on board in a HEARTBEAT! I wouldn't even care about the plot.

I'll take form fitting armor. Anything is better than

Agreed

>until one day the bracelet she has worn her entire life gives her supernatural insight into a crime she’s trying to solve. Her bracelet is the Witchblade, an amulet that has been worn by remarkable women throughout history, and Sara is next in line.
To everyone debating the costume, fear not: it sounds like there is no costume.

The CW would be a good channel for this, dark fantasy is their thing, they would actually know what to do with it. Plus Ian is the most perfect boy and the CW is the channel that would show him to the most girls.

There better be a costume. This sounds so boring. Supernatural crime isn't exactly a niche genre these days.

Go for the sub-niche - the field is very varied. Still only one romzomcom in town so I bet there's a spot somewhere for a mystical artifact meets supernatural mobsters show..

It would be nice if it got an animated adaption but god knows that would never happen.

>Still no Darkness III from Starbreeze
There never will be.

Pretty much. Started it thinking it'd be nothing but fanservicey, vaguely sexual beatdowns, but then it kind of just became more than that.

It ignored a lot of, if not almost all the pre-established lore of the rest of the franchise to largely do its own thing, but it didn't really suffer for it, I think.

If it's good and close to it's source,it'll be be cancelled on a cliffhanger. If its mediocre and has just enough comic stuff to get people interested,it'll get 6 seasons.

The kids of today should defend themselves against the nineties.

>>underrated post

>Another procedural with supernatural toppings
Wow, NBC. Really breaking out of your comfort zone there.

Tell me about it. NBC's the second worst network to air good series behind CBS.