Cowboy Kino thread? It aired on Adult Swim; that makes it Sup Forums

Cowboy Kino thread? It aired on Adult Swim; that makes it Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IQrXRBh94IA
youtube.com/watch?v=3rYYzKo6S9g
youtube.com/watch?v=EPfmNxKLDG4
youtube.com/watch?v=LiUjOFYDiBE
youtube.com/watch?v=maP6q3D4Hf0
youtube.com/watch?v=hpuyNgGHPZY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

only chinese cartoon worth watching

Why can't i find any anime as worthwhile as this? Berserk comes close but is a totally different feel.

Neon Genesis Evangelion desu

this

Will check it m8

Litteraly just watched it all today for the first time.
Twas pretty good op

This is a terrible rec, EVA is nothing like Benop. Your best bet is to go after creator Shinichiro Watanabe’s work. Samurai Champloo, Space Dandy, Apollo on the Slope, they all capture Bebops vibe while being about different things.

If you want more sci fi wankery, EVA’s good, otherwise try one of the above

>Hey, Jet! There's nothing *BURP* in this world to believe in. Whatever happens, *BURP* happens.
>WUBBA-LUBBA-DUB-DUB, I'm just a humble bounty-hunter.
>Why is there no *BURP* beef in your bell peppers and beef casserole, Jet?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Cowboy Bebop.

Meh.

Eh, I tried. Regardless, Cowboy Bebop did nihilism better, and without being too pretentious about it.

Bebop was not nihilistic at all, you're just another brainlet who projects his philosophical shortcomings into the media he consumes.

I agree that there was more to it the show, but Bebop undeniably had nihilistic themes. Not saying it was wholly nihilistic, or even in spirit, but it's clearly there, and I'm not even a nihilist myself.

Vicious was the main villain, and a core element of the show was finding meaning and/or beauty in life, despite the randomness and hardships.

I agree. Nihilism serves as something of an antagonist in the show, personified by Vicious, but it's not a nihilistic show.

I've started this and watched the first two episodes maybe 8 times already stopped and started the series over the last few years. It never holds my interest no anime does anymore I feel like I've "outgrown" it. Convince me to watch it user?

I restarted steins gate a few times till midway and finally got through it once and really liked it in the end but it's too much effort

That was a good Japanimation.

I was like you I couldn't make my self watch past the third episode Until Today
I litteraly sat down and watched it all, and if you don't know anything about the story like I did the emotional payoff is amazing
As long as your in the right mood

Good morning, me. Did you sleep well? And did you wake up feeling good? Does the light, and the wind, and the smell and the sound - all seem like they’re brand new and fresh this morning? Is each and every cell in your whole body awake and alive now? Today, you are who you are today. See? You’re still me, but you’re a newer version.

Myself ten years from now. That’s so far away that it’s almost impossible to imagine. Am I alone? Or is there a wonderful person next to me? Well, knowing me, I’m sure you’re causing all kinds of trouble for lots of different people. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to. But it’s all right. That’s part of life too, isn’t it? You’re not perfect, but you’ve got a lot to give, so remember, I’ll always be cheering you on.

And now a big cheer from my heart. Let's...go...me, alright! Do your best! Do your best! Don't lose, me! Let's go! Don't lose! Don't lose, me! Do your best! Do your best! Me, me, me! Don't you lose! Don't you lose! Me, me, me! Go, me!

In your time, I’m no longer here, but I am here today, and I’ll always be cheering for you, right here. Cheering for you, my only self.

I was replying to someone who just asked for good anime, not necessarily anime that's similar to Bebop.
I'm also not a fan of anime, and whenever I watch an anime, I tend to cringe at the animeisms.
That being said, NGE is my favorite work. What initially drew me to it is the general aesthetic of depression and coming of age that permeates the feel of the show and how the tone of the show changes radically in order to adjust to Shinji's worldview. I went into it knowing that I would get a moody and sexually suggestive giant robot show for 14 episodes before getting something far more metaphysical.

I relate to where you're coming from, though. I watched it for the first time as a 16 year old, and it affected me so much that it it stayed in my mind for years afterwards and I got to a point where I compared everything to it. I was reminded of it a few months ago and decided to rewatch it, and found that the first half of the series was not how I remembered it -- I had a hard time getting through it, and I felt bad because I thought I wouldn't be able to think emotionally about it anymore. Then once I got up to episode 15, my love for it came back, and going through the entire latter half and EoE became the most emotional experience I've had with art. If you're interested enough, I would really just recommend powering through it and reminding yourself that it isn't like other anime. This is a series where the main character starts to mature halfway in, causing his worldview to change. Characters suddenly start behaving realistically and start having to face things real people do (one character even has a period in one scene). It's almost uncanny.
You can watch this and remind yourself this is what's coming later on:
youtube.com/watch?v=IQrXRBh94IA

>Apollo on the Slope
Apollo on the Slope sucks balls tho...

Why does Sup Forums like reddit anime so much? Just watched this recently and it was trash.

>calls it shit
>doesnt post own tastes
kys fucking frogposter

Cast 'em.

Dave Bautista as Jet.

I have no idea for anyone else; Keanu has finally gotten too old looking for Spike.

Try Samurai Champloo. Made by the same guy.

JGL would be a good option if he wasn't so short.

no

Legend of the Galatic Heroes

Gosling as Spike

This is a good rec.

Ive seen it, its pretty good and the art is nice but the story and characters just arent on par with bebop

Eva is not worth the try. It's pretentious garbage that takes itself way too seriously

This

Hm. How about Black Lagoon?

>watching LoGH
>it's a flashback episode
>skip the episode knowing I didn't miss shit

They should redo the show and trim like 40%, it'd be a lot better.

Please God no

Seen a few eps of that as well. Obviously recognized jets voice actor but its too over the top. Its enjoyable as hell tho.

Do the same 5 voice actors do every american dub regardless of how shit the show is? I swear to god ive heard ash on every pokemon ripoff as well as real crazy niche shit ive never heard of that my kids dig up in the bowels of amazon prime like some weird south korean cars meet beyblades madness.

Anime has peaked in 1998 and Trigun was the only one that came close to Bebop if we're talking about bromance-kino and dramedy western showcasing a huge variety of feels. Both shows had their own distinct style, but I always thought of them as two sides of the same coin.

Kek

Evangelion is not an anime that a non anime fan can watch and enjoy fully. See, Evangelion is a commentary of anime both the fans, the characters and concepts that are typically found in it. The characters are written as being quite human, compared to the very flat and very boring archetypes typically found in your usual show. I would honestly recommend just watching something else and that is from someone whose favorite anime is Evangelion.

What I'd recommend instead is:
Darker than Black
Black Lagoon
Gundam 0079, Gundam Zeta and Char's Counter attack in that order
Rin daughters of mnemosyne
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Monster
And maybe, just maybe Madoka Magica.

Do they sell the OST?

> Black Lagoon

my nigga

They sell it for free on shmirate shmay

there's about 500 different volumes, but you could just listen to the then-popular real songs the seatbelts kept ripping off instead

youtube.com/watch?v=3rYYzKo6S9g
youtube.com/watch?v=EPfmNxKLDG4

youtube.com/watch?v=LiUjOFYDiBE
youtube.com/watch?v=maP6q3D4Hf0

>They should redo the show
youtube.com/watch?v=hpuyNgGHPZY

I love that show. It is a bunch of action and crime movies/television mixed together into something which is just so fucking great.

Also, I do enjoy that the MC has never fired a gun, but is still one of the most dangerous fuckers in the show.

the absolute coolest thing about Trigun is the guns

>it's another Julian watches the history channel episode

I think the Bebop movie should always be watched after the show because it actually is better than the finale imo because I didn't give a shit about Spike and Vicious' feud. Same goes with NGE and EoE but the last two episodes of NGE are kinda shit and they knew it but combined with EoE it's actually a good conclusion.

I still haven't watched the reboot movies of NGE because I just don't particularly care about NGE anymore after my first and only watch. I think NGE is overrated as fuck in all honesty so I'm probably the minority.

The Vicious episodes are the only good ones. Ed is a terrible character. The show is just okay for the most part.

I’m about 15 episodes into this. Didn’t expect to see a thread on Sup Forums. It’s my first dive into anime and I’m enjoying it, i really liked the gothic church episode, also the alien homage episode is good.

I was kind of attracted to the little boy in Cowboy Bebop. Pic related, it's him.

> (OP)
>I was kind of attracted to the little boy in Cowboy Bebop. Pic related, it's him.

Whoops.

Faye episodes are also good.

>t. pleb with no attention to the characters

So, the episodes with the animal fanatics, Andy, or Pierrot le Fou are bad?
How much of a pleb one must be?

>animal fanatics
Yes, bad episode

>Andy
Don't remember him

>Pierrot le Fou
Felt like a Saturday cartoon for kids.

>boy

Do check out some of the anime/manga discussed here but never go full moe because once you've gone that far you're pure cancer and anime is already cancer.

There are a few others like lain, but for the most part, yes.

Opinion discarded: the post

Lmao those episodes were good though in my opinion. I love when they give interesting backstories

>Didn't like Gateway Shuffle
Jesus Christ

Do people really rewatch shows? I find that once is enough for me. Sometimes i’ll go back and watch particular episodes or scenes that I really enjoyed but not the entire thing.

It wasn't even a nihilistic show, it just had certain themes about loneliness and growing up

>Don't remember him
The dude with the horse

Andy is the Cowboy funk. Is awesome.
Pierrot le Fou is fantastic in tone and direction. Is exactly the opposite of what you described.
Then there is stuff like Sympathy for the Devil with the ageless thing.
Everyone prefers Ballad, Jupiter and The Real Folk Blues but saying that these are the only good one is borderline stupidity.
Even pointless stuff like Feng Shiu add to the character, and makes you understand better Jet and Faye, as an example.

Oh, okay. That was a decent episode I guess, but I didn't like how inconsistent in tone the show was. I really liked the serious Vicious episodes, but didn't really care for a lot of the other stuff. I also hated every single scene Ed was in.

Let's not forget Ganymede Elegy. That chase is amazing.

>monster
Now there's that good shit. It's a slow burn but man did it hook me.

>Do people really rewatch shows?
If it's really good, why wouldn't you?

>
>>monster
> slow burn

>chase after people on ship
>elm starts playing
So fucking good. It and space lion were the best songs in that.

>The ending dogfight of Jupiter Jazz

Any chance you can cherry pick me a list of 3 to start with?

In a way, yeah. It was like 40 fucking episodes, dude.

Yeah, don't bother with the reboots.

I wish I could go back and watch them for the first time.
It was on Italian MTV decades ago. Relatively new and just dubbed. They were experimenting and importing good anime to watch. MTV did not suck back then.
Me and my friends were religiously waiting for the weekly CB.

I've watched Sopranos 4 times, the first 4 seasons of GoT about 3, Breaking Bad first 4 seasons about 3, and I watch Berserk 97 at least once a year because it's almost the perfect adaptation imo despite the lack of animation during fight scenes but it's pretty difficult to translate Miura's art to animation without losing something. Don't usually rewatch anime so Berserk is a special case to me and I actually like the ending of Guts watching Casca raped then it cuts to black as the claw digs into his eye.

what kind of genres you like, user? I'm not him but I could try to offer a few. Though I don't know a lot of series, I have a more ween friend that acts as a filter so I don't have to wade through shit for the few gems

Well spotted. Any more?

Somewhat preferred the ripoff Pushing The Sky over Leave You Far Behind desu

Think one of my fondest memories was going over to a friend's house every Friday to watch bebop and serial experiments lain

Ed is actually a girl user, there's a scene in the movie where a creepy old woman says to her "come in little boy" and ed replies that ed is a girl, the door is then slammed in her face.
I chuckled.

>a creepy old woman
It was a tranny, wasn't it?
Or did that get edited in some countries?

I think it was a crossdressing man yeah, I forgot

>there's a scene in the movie
Ed isn't in the movie. But I remember that scene.

> EVA is nothing like Benop
Yhea, its good

It’s hard to say because CB does such a good job of mixing up genres.

Another sci-fi/cyber punky one would be cool. Maybe another one that’s fun and has comerdy elements. Also one that’s groundbreaking visually?

Thanks dude

trigun.

>Ed isn't in the movie

>Ed isn't in the movie
Everybody is in the movie. It's set about half way through the series

Berserk 97 don't bother with the new series read the manga even then read the manga because it cuts things, Space Dandy if you like Bebop already you'll like Dandy, Black Lagoon was great. Hellsing Ultimate and Jojo Phantom Blood is perfect for Halloween if you want a Halloween theme. Really just pick whatever appeals to you.

Naruto is actually kinda decent at times but nobody would actually admit it and I'll say Devil is a Part Timer is good but it does delve into some moe themes.

I disagree completely. Evangelion is by far my favorite work ever and I'm not a fan of anime. I've shown it to friends who are anime fans and they ended up hating it, whereas my friends who don't watch anime ended up becoming obsessed over it. I would say it's actually the opposite -- because it's a deconstruction, it's likely people who like it will be people who generally dislike anime.

Anime fans are the kind of people who like Rebuild 2.0

you're quite pretentious for a pleb

"Anime fans" are mouth-breathers who watch flavor of the month anime about cute girl harems and uguu kawaii 3000 year olds.

I thought it was towards the end of the series?