Madea’s Boo 2! Beats Blade Runner, Snowman and Geostorm at Box Office

>As reported by Variety on Sunday, Boo 2! raked in about $21.7 million domestically at 2,388 locations. That’s only about 25 percent behind the opening of the first Boo! Madea film, and already closing in on its estimated production and marketing budget in the range of $20-25 million. Despite getting mostly eviscerated by critics, as Perry’s films historically do, Boo 2! received an A- CinemaScore and appears on track for profitability. The same cannot be said for its competition this weekend.

>Geostorm finished in second place with about $13.3 million, which doesn’t even cover the $15 million spent on reshoots. Initially costing over $100 million to produce, the Gerard Butler-starring thriller suffered through massive changes after principal photography and is poised to be one of the year’s biggest bombs in the wake of a brutal critical reaction. It did, however, earn a reported $36 million internationally. In third place is holdover Happy Death Day, which pulled in $9.4 million after winning the box office in its opening weekend.

>Denis Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049 continued to drop off the box office radar in its third weekend as it finished in fourth with $7.4 million, and Sony’s Only The Brave rounded out the top-5 with just $6 million despite strong reviews. Murder mystery The Snowman, which did not earn critical acclaim, fell below projections with just $3.4 million and looks like an all-around failure for Universal.

BLADERUNNER AND BUTLER BTFO

Based Perry wins again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S_OZRxsXiHQ
indiewire.com/2016/12/baftas-demand-diversity-standards-film-eligibility-membership-1201760082/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fucking retarded americans essentially being able to decide what films succeed and fail

its a shame, us bongs have much better taste over all

>Geostorm
>taste

We need a European Hollywood.

No jews, no diversity quota shit, just some retards with a love for creating kino.

Bravo America

Tbh nobody but niggers watches this shit.

>The only people dumb enough to waste time and money funding Hollywood films in movie theaters have shitty taste
Shocking.

Based Madea and her wholesome family comedy stomping out Blade Reddit

>tfw I've watched parts of a few Madea movies when they were on TV and they were actually kinda funny in a dumb way

>this is the top grossing movie in the USA this weekend
>this beat Bladerunner

youtube.com/watch?v=S_OZRxsXiHQ

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Tyler Perry's a fuckin' genius.

Admirable rags-to-riches story, too. Grew up dirt poor, was regularly beat by his father, and invested everything into his theater dreams and now he's worth over half a billion dollars. Almost all of his ventures are crazy profitable. Clearly, he's doing something right.

i'd rather not have Muslims.

Tyler Perry is a discount Eddie Murphy, who was already doing the play most of the characters thing in the 80s and 90s. Tyler doesn't do it nearly as well.

The Madea movies (where she is the main character) are awful and unfunny. The actress who plays his daughter was cute though.

The major European countries are somehow more cucked by liberal politics. There's probably like a couple of hundred black people where I live and they still make sure they have a negro in every advertisement campaign.

European Hollywood would be filled with blacks, Muslims and faggots. Indpendent films can at least avoid pressure from political groups because they don't know they exist.

>a lighthearted family friendly movie instead of dark overrated horseshit

Who is going to see these movies? It can't just all be black people.

I went today for an afternoon showing and there were white and black people there

Wow, so this is the power of the famed black cinema

I see nothing wrong with this desu. It's silly but whatever

lmao and the americans try to claim only international audiences watch shit movies

We decide everything.
Where have you been the last hundred years?

Tyler Perry has a net worth of 600 million dollars

MILLION
DOLLARS

This only shows how irredeemably racist niggers are.

Deserved desu
>le big girl

JESUS CHRIST

BEAT BY MADEA'S BOO 2

THERE IS LITERALLY NO WAY TO EVER LIVE THIS DOWN

I watched one of Tyler Perry's dramatic films a couple of years back. It was actually pretty good in an unoriginal cliched sort of way (which applies to 90% of hollywood anyway)

All this says though is that the casual black market is bigger than the market for kino.
Remember that Beats of No Nation hardly set the box office on fire despite being one of the best war films made in the last 10 years

The only time I ever cried in a movie theater was at a Madea movie. I think it was madeas family reunion. A month before my father passed away from cancer. The whole premise of the movie is that a woman gets her family together to announce to then that she is dying from cancer. Then she dies from cancer. So I started bawling like an uncontrollable baby. I was like 16 or so

Worst part about all this is that I was on a date.

Blade Runner was always a niche property. The original film flopped and was met with a mixed critical reception back in 1982. It didn't earn its prestige until years later.

Blade Runner 2049 had a poor marketing campaign and was too expensive for something of its nature. Most people I spoke to thought it was related to Wesley Snipes' Blade. Nevertheless, it was a great movie and I'm glad it was made. The only silver lining in its performance is that we don't have to worry about a sequel for at least another 35 years.

>Beasts of No Nation ... one of the best war films made in the last 10 years
what
how on Earth did you arrive at that conclusion

When is Perry gonna admit he's gay?

Honestly, Madea's Boo 2 probably is the most watchable.

The Blade Runner sequel is a wonderful experience, but I don't think I'll return to it for a while.

Whereas I could definitely get baked and watch Madea with my friends.

White southerners love Tyler Perry movies as much as blacks do

>madeas family reunion
You mean Madea's Big Happy Family?

He has a girlfriend of eight years and a newborn child

I watched the film along with other war films made in the last ten years. You know, the normal way.
It's fine if you're a plebshit who doesn't appreciate kino, to each their own, just don't act like that's a good outlook.

Or just for the midwest the same damn taxcuts and other bonuses California gets.

REAL diversity in film could easily be achievable if they were spread out just a bit more.

And? Eddie Murphy had a beard too

That's not how you arrived at the conclusion. I'm asking what of Beasts of No Nation would make a person give Beasts of No Nation that certain reputation.

I don't understand his films.

I was watching "Diary of a Mad Black Woman", and I feel like I don't get it. The tone whiplash between Madea and a woman letting her husband drown to death is hard to reconcile. What am I missing? Is it meant to be serious? A genre parody? A pastiche?

He's not an idiot. But what can't I see?

Blade Runner isn't doing well in the US but so far it's made a good chunk of money back from the foreign market. The Chinese numbers aren't in yet but they're pretty positive. Korea for some reason didn't watch it but it might because there's a lot of competition from their domestic films being released there. It still hasn't been released in Japan which is where I'll best most of their money will come from.

>Tyler Perry dresses like a woman because his dad beat him
Makes sense

Tyler Perry presents: BLACKED: An Americuck love story

It captured the brutality of war in an original light. Several films have shown how brutal war is (eg. Saving Private Ryan, Platoon etc) and several films have portrayed child soldiers (eg. Lord of War) and how fucked up war is in Africa (eg. Blood Diamond, Hotel Rwanda etc). But BoNN did it differently by making the child soldier the protagonist and following his entire journey from normal kid to soldier to whatever the hell comes next.
It felt real and different. It felt like it captured all the internal conflict happening in Africa in the modern day without trying to shoehorn a particular narrative (ie. fuck this country or that country or this regime). And it's one of the only examples I can think of where it portrayed something in such a unique light.

And on top of that, the acting was incredible from everyone involved. It's easy to say "well obviously Idris Elba did a good job", but honestly Abraham Attah was the real surprise. Because this kid genuinely carried the entire film. And maybe he wasn't acting so much as that's just how he is, but as a film it told its story so convincingly and perfectly.

And then you've got the rest like the intense sense of scale; it actually felt big when this small group of soldiers was trying to take a town. And the cinematography was beautiful and engaging. And the story hinted at something bigger happening in the background with the Asian businessmen, but that wasn't the focal point because from Agu's perspective that didn't make a difference. And it didn't compromise itself by needing to inject some white journalist for the audience to relate to; it just told its story raw and unfiltered.
It's an actual masterpiece in every sense.

Humor is subjective, no? While I do agree that his content is largely terrible and can't hold a candle to prime Murphy, there is definitely an audience for Perry's work as shown by all his success over the last decade. He tapped an neglected market and it paid off. Less than twenty years ago he was living out of a crappy car that was supposed to have been repossessed and now he has this

I haven't seen that film but looking it up, Perry didn't direct it. He only wrote it.
Perry makes dramas as well as comedy films. As far as I can tell, he has a need to try and create/invent/save black cinema, so he does everything.
But Get Out is a better black film than Perry's normal output.

Tyler Perry's movies cater to the older religious black american audience

allah akubar fellow musllim brit brother

Fair enough; I accept those things.

But, I can't help but notice that you don't touch on the end of the movie. Any particular reason? For me, that was a significant part of what dragged it down. Much of it seemed needless. You say that there were no "white journalists" but that is, essentially, who those people at the end were.

>white men literally can't compete
You got your wish Sup Forums.

Friendly reminder that
>Crazy Frog
>a guy singing to a puppet
>amazing grace on the bagpipes
Serve a hitmusic.

I can confirm.
>live in east europe
>ZERO blacks or muslims

But H&M (or whatever clothing store) or mall's still have a token nigga
Like.. who the fuck are you targeting here?

he is the 1990s adam sandler, but for the blakes

Beasts of no Nation was a Netflix movie, wasn’t it?

>how on Earth did you arrive at that conclusion
It’s inarguably in the top 25 films of the decade.

You guys had your laugh when people criticized bladerunner for the lack of diversity.
well who's laughing now?

Bladerunner was honestly overrated

Black culture is literally just southern culture

How do we stop him?

Everyone who isn't black here also hates Madea if that makes you feel any better.

No

just so you know these movies are like titanic for black people

Based americucks

Diversity has killed the American civic life. Anyone who can afford netflix isn't going to bother to go to a movie theater.

Please you guys fall for every piece of oscar bait.

I took my father to see 'Blade Runner', he left the theatre sobbing. Today I took my mother (who happens to be racially mixed) to see Madea, she laughed throughout the entire film. So, I suppose I had a better time at BOO2.

>European Hollywood.
>No jews, no diversity quota shit, just some retards with a love for creating kino.

KEK. NOT BLOODY LIKELY.

indiewire.com/2016/12/baftas-demand-diversity-standards-film-eligibility-membership-1201760082/

that's less than I thought these nigger movies made, I guess I was judging just off of Girl's Trip

I don't care, I'm just glad those pretentious faggots that don't shut up about Blade Runner 2049 are getting blown the fuck out, and probably won't get anything like it ever again.

people aren't going to stop talking about a great movie because a shitty one did better on its opening weekend, brainlet

What does that have to do with anything I said? You should try learning some reading comprehension because the only brainlet here is you.

Who the fuck pays money to Tyler Perry?

Madea was actually based

All the haters can go fuck themselves - I guarantee they’ve never seen one

waifufags BTFO

Americans.

niggers, tyler perry movies are the only thing they don't steal.

I always thought he wanted to tell serious stories, but he knows niggers won't show up if Madea isn't there.

>fans of BR are BTFO that it eventually wasn't number one at the box office
what? Also if you think BR of all movies is pretentious than you're a fucking idiot.

>This much for a Medea movie
How is this possible? This new time line is starting to suck ass.

>Sequel to a literally what
>beats bladerunner
Just when I thought I had lost all faith

the last one's total box office was 76 mil

Tyler Perry champions the brand of humor that only a black person can. If a white person were to make a movie with half as many black stereotype jokes as any Madea flick, they would be banished to racist hell for all of eternity.

European Hollywood would be even worse

No, I don't think Blade Runner is pretentious, I think it's fans are pretentious, can't you read?

Nigger lovers

Prove to me Tyler Perry didn't make half that shit up about being abuse to get sympathy from niggers.

please god no

it would make one billion dollar DOMESTICALLY.

Tyler Perrys movies make a lot of cash because they hit a lot of those 'traditional American' notes that a majority of the country loves. He's got the formula on lockdown.
>strong family values
>heavy christian undertones
>non threatening black people acting silly
>dumb slapstick humor
>simple jokes
>a sprinkling of curse words to spice things up but still keeping it family friendly
This is how you make money in America.

You forgot despite being an obvious faggot, church black folks love him

>The Madea movies (where she is the main character) are awful and unfunny
I would argue the plays are much funnier because it has a lot of improvisation.

>13% of the population is responsible for making Madea take the #1 spot
Why can't niggers ever come together to do anything GOOD?

It would be even worse. The UK is only 3% nigger but you'd think it was 20% based on the media.

No wonder your mom went to see it.

No they were BTFO because it flopped, retard, don't try to move the goalposts.

why is this a surprise?
America is a black nation.

>The actress who plays his daughter was cute though.
This
Her Duke Leto costume in the movie has great cleavage

Then why is it doing so well faggot?

Yeah because Hip Hop started in the South.

Great Migration friend, blacks bailed on the south in search of factory jobs in the early 20th century. Didn't work out too well because it turned out Yankees didn't like them either. They didn't just give up their entire culture when they moved north. Learn US history

>supposed to the new eddie murphy
>drag retard who is overexaggerated as fuck

I still haven't seen any of his shit. Also Chapellle show was around that time

You have to prove that he didn't you dumbass.