Was this season vindicted by the Weinstein and other revelations of rampant Hollywood deviancy?

Was this season vindicted by the Weinstein and other revelations of rampant Hollywood deviancy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpKogArhMC0
youtube.com/watch?v=H3fJZcLeTk8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is legitimately kino. The fact it was received so badly, even getting nominated for 'worst of 2015' awards, is an injustice.

>vindicted
pls

I liked it better than the first Season DESU

>Harvey arrives to prison
>"Mr Weintstein... Mel and I have been expecting you..."
How hard would you pop?

No because the show didn't properly touch on any of that shit. S2 was a disorganised mess with shit characters unable to hold it up.

Biggest problem, least what I think is that it was following possibly one of the greatest seasons in television and everyone expected it to be as good or better than Season 1 which is near impossible. Marty and Rust were the best duo in TV. You can't beat that chemistry.

>with shit characters
Ray Velcoro is, unarguably, one of the best tv characters ever.

one of the worst things i've seen this week, fuck you

>this week

:3

faggot

True Detective season 1 is not very good. Season 2 on the other hand is legitimately great.

Season was something about russian railroad contract gangsters, absolutely pointless.

This desu

What was pointless about it?
You're not going to complain that a neo-noir is complicated, are you?

I will never accept Taylor Kitsch. Fuck him.

and Nikolaj?

Nah he's right, S2 was completely pointless schlock. Nick Pizza is a hack who lost his leash and S2 was the resulting sloppy shit all over the garden.

>Taylor Kitsch

Best gambit that never was.

>Nah he's right
>fails to give a reason why

it was tedious and had no pay off, all the characters die in stupid ways: fag doesnt clear corner, random mexicans abduct vince, serial killer goes knife happy and was a disappointment after being built up.

S1 feels like the hollywood/political pedoshit but set in the south instead.

That doesn't even make any sense, you stupid motherfucker.

I liked Season 2. Not everything can be Weird/Gothic. I think it was an interesting change. I'm glad it's coming back.

The word you're looking for is "vindicated."

Because it was absolutely uninteresting, no one could care less about a detective show investigating corruption in railroad construction, it's not even a decent concept for a single-episode storyline, because it's fucking boooring.

vindicated? no it was always great

plebs just gon pleb

So why did her character like anal so much

>russians acquiring stakes in real estate is boring
what a pleb

>billionaire
>going to prison

He won't see a day in jail. Billionaires are above the law.

How does is there no payoff? You're watching a tragedy where the characters suffer through their own faults.
It's pretty much summed up by "We get the world we deserve"
S1 decided to focus almost solely on one perpetrator of the pedo shit. The organisational level is all dealt with off screen, by other detectives.

Because that's Pizza 's pet fantasy.

>making someone explain why TD S2 was trash

Sigh.

Because it wasn't continued from True Detective in any real way apart from vague red herrings and the opening stylistic choice in the title sequence. It was just a boring detective drama /conspiracy that was ultimately very forgettable and the pseudo-intellectual ramblings of Vince Vaughn may have appealed to dimwits but to anyone with taste it was just plain bad.

It was only made because of the success of S1 which was down to, by all accounts, Fukunaga and it clearly showed.

So the result was a simple, wannabe-artistic pile of garbage that had nothing redeeming about it. It was frankly, trash. I could write a blog post about it but instead I recommend you watch the first half hour and see for yourself as it showcases exactly how the rest of the season is going to be.

there's no payoff because the writing is too contrived

What if it was sabotaged

>anthology series
>but muh rust and lovecraftian themes is gone!
guess it just wasnt nihilistic with a wicked enough sense of humor for you

There was literally no scene in S01 that was as good as this.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpKogArhMC0

It's an anthology series you retard
>the pseudo-intellectual ramblings of Vince Vaughn may have appealed to dimwits but to anyone with taste it was just plain bad.
>pseudo-intellectual rambinlings
You put that in as if it's a criticism of the writing, whilst obviously failing to realise that pseudo-intellectual is a perfect description for it - Frank IS being pseudo-intellectual. He's out of his depth in unfamiliar territory, and it shows.

>lovecraftian means smart

I hate you faggots so much. Both seasons are good, they just go after different issues. The only thing i really believe inferior in S2 are the locations.

Colin Farrell's alone makes S2 worth watching.

Ray and frank and even gay cop were all better characters than marty.

S2 did have a wicked sense of humor though.

>it's meant to be shit!
I swear S2 fags get thicker every year.

The best role he's ever had, him and vince shouldve won some awards

>missing the joke and strawmanning
are you even old enough to be here bud

s2 was the best season for contrarians with shit taste

Any news on s3 aside from mumbatu being the lead?

Ok so here's the thing.

S2 was completely shit apart from the performances of farrell and vaughn.

Reason being script was a total mess with no real plot going on that justifies the characters to be police. Furthermore the directors switching was the worst decision ever.

Fukunaga was the heart behind S1. Could've been completely forgettable with Matthew and Woody being not that much of cash names back then. Fukunaga crafted something that had meaning.

>Reason being script was a total mess with no real plot going on that justifies the characters to be police.
You'll have to explain that one mate

>Season 1
Fedoracore for IMDB sensibility brainlets
>Season 2
Hard edged telekino

Jeremy Saulnier is directing, so basically it's guaranteed to be kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=H3fJZcLeTk8

Blue Ruin was okay but Green Room was pure redditcore. Milch is the more significant kino contributor.

Season 1 was about pedo supernatural shit. Season 2 was slated to be more of the same, only in the cities. Of course hollywood told him to shut it down. Can't let the plebs know that the elites are worshipping satan can they?

>green room is redditcore
Only fucking redditors use that word. Explain why its shit without using that adjective.

>hurr nazis r evil
>Patrick Stewart
>quirky main characters who you're expected to root for, not because they're well developed or genuinely interesting, but because they're quirky liberals

this
season 2 >>>>>>>> season 1
>season 1 fags will unironically defend all the shitty modern day scenes that completely ruin everything that came before it
>GREEN EARS

wat. no. hell no.

i actually thought he and colin were pretty good in this

:33

>green ears

The mini meltdown and damage control the night that aired was hilarious. Sup Forums had spent countless hours looking for the "clue that would break the case" only to be PIZZA'd. I'll go look for the threads in the archive sometime.

lmao and to think i was going to watch it, brb deleting
blue ruin was great, though