Wheel of StroyTime Part 4

Sorry for the late start everyone, had a small pupper emergency when I got home but everything is good now. Let's continue along with our read through of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time: Eye of the World. Starting at issue 25!

This page has an editorial mistake, when Rand says "I know him." That line is spoke by Master Gil here who cuts Rand off before he said too much too loud about Thom.

And this brings us to a close on issue 25! Stick around we have more coming right up!!

Hmm, is anyone alive today?

No worries. I also had plenty of shit to do today as well.

Cool

Well I am happy to have you here tonight user, hope you enjoy the story time, and if yoh haven't been following us, I urge you to go back and start from the beginning because it's been a fun ride.

And the same goes for you too! Welcome.

No problem

I had completely forgotten about this guy.

>when you waifu compliments your skills

Them thighs, oh my. It makes me think of a point in one of the later books where she has to wear a short skirt and stand blindfolded while Bridget shot apples off her head.

bump

And that ends issue 26, and we ain't stopping yet!

thoroughly improper. that's worth at least one braid-tug

I sure would give it a tug...

I never imagined Byar smiling this much, even when he was enjoying himself

I imagined him smiling more, but looking even more gaunt and inhuman, with sunken eyes and wispier hair. but I don't know how much of that has to do with the descriptions in the book and how much is just in my head, probably mostly the latter

Thanks for storytiming OP, I was actually just rereading the first book because I heard this might get a TV show.

Nynaeve is always making Lan jump

God I fucking hope so, from what I understand Game Of Thrones got picked up instead of Wheel of Time. If that's true that's a bummer.

Very often I find myself making a mental image of a character before the writer has even finished describing them, and have a hard time changing that image when the book says something that contradicts it. For example, I always imagined Nynaeve with very light colored hair, probably to differentiate her from Egwene.

Wheel of Time will be much more special effects intensive than asoiaf and it's more accessible to normies since it kind of eases you into the more fantastical elements. Meanwhile in Eye of the World you've got trollocs and people throwing fireballs pretty quickly. I can see why a network would pick Game of Thrones, but now that a big budget fantasy series is known to be a viable formula I've got hope.

>I always imagined Nynaeve with very light colored hair
I did exactly the same thing. a very light, sandy brown, sort of a dirty blonde. when she started internally whining about not having grey hair yet I thought "would anyone even notice?" and then had to look way back for a description

This. Now that Thrones showed there's a market Wheel of Time will be more likely to get the budget it needs and after 5+ years the technology will hopefully have advanced so they can do it better or gotten cheaper so they don't have to cut corners on the cool shit.

here we fucking go
now the ta'veren nonsense begins in earnest

I honestly wouldn't even mind them cutting corners on some things

>Both constantly described with curly hair
>drawn with straight hair
disgusting

Were they described as blondes? Whenever I read "curly hair" my mind immediately goes to brunette.

reddish blonde. I think the queen had it too. It was like the signature of their bloodline

I'm pretty sure, yeah. maybe red-gold or something?

They do pretty good with the hair color here, but i agree that it should be much more curly.