Why are Brown haired male superheroes rare its always black or blonde?

Why are Brown haired male superheroes rare its always black or blonde?

or Im I missing something?

I guess because all the colorists or character creators want to make the character special or unique and brown hair and eyes is considered boring and average I guess.

The funny thing is that brown hair and brown eyes is super rare in comics even among non-white characters.

Peter Parker and Bucky Barnes come to mind when I think of characters with brown eyes and hair (characters in the comic have even mentioned them having that eye color) and even then Peter gets hazel eyes sometimes and Bucky gets blue eyes.

No else notices it? seems like hal jordan is the only one alive

Moon Knight and Justice, too, sometimes.

And Mr Fantastic too, sometimes.

I think the issue with eyes is tgat getting brown was harder in the old days because you needed three layers.

Most white Americans are brown hair+blue eyes, not brown+brown

Brown+brown is a kind of rare combination in real life too

Not remotely true

It's brown/brown for 90% of Americans

Blue eyes make up single digit numbers.
It's recessive
So if even one parent has brown eyes, all their kids will have brown too
You just can't have a majority that way

Pretty much, brown hair is rare because it used to be more expensive. It's why Khunds are forever pink, cheap ink.

Not necessary.

If said parent is Br/Bl with a Br fenotype, half tge kids could have Bl eyes and the other ones could be like said parent.

In the case of Bl and Br/Br parent, all their kids are Br/Bl.

And then there are variants with mutations, errors and overdriving issues with te XX mother code, iianm.

Oh, right. I knew there was some colouring issue, but I wasn't sure what was exactly.

It's still rarer than straight brown

Brown hair/brown eyes is the most common American phenotype
Even the Swedes are losing their blue eyed dominance

>tfw brown hair+blue eyes masterrace
but don't get me started on my weird red beard...

It's not that weird

Red hair has different genes associated with it
You can have the gene for red androgenic hair but brown normal sexless hair

Isn't it like literally because of the limits of coloring?

I'm nit the first user who said about americans, but i'll take your word on that. I'm a Spaniard and here blye eyed people is about, I think. 8-12%, maybe. Most common color is, iirc, brown, then hazel, surprisingly.

To be honest, ~10% is more than I expected for Spaniards

Maybe I'm just imagining European Mexicans

Well, the spaniard actors most acepted in american media are of the more dark features because they fit the sterotype of the black spaniard. It' natural to not realize that we're europeans, ant the wrong idea of the morrish invasion totaly overdriving the roman iberoteltic gene pool doesn't help. AND of course, wheb tourists visit Spain, they can see plenty of amerindian peiple, because as much as americans, we help ouselves with then, specially in big cities like Madrid, Barcelina, Valencia or Sevilla.

To take a gasp of how looks the people of sone place, I usually look at tge minority sports teams.

In any case, we are a diverse country.

It's late and I'm using my phone. My apologies for all the bad grammar and miss spelling.

>To take a gasp
Ok, that was meant to mean... IDK, to take a peek? I cannot remember the actual words in English. I hope you can get my point.

You're really worried about seeming "normal" in English, eh?

Here's the thing about English: Normalcy doesn't exist. And there isn't much politics involved about it.
So long as you get your message across, 99% of English speakers accept what you've said

On a side note, I love other language idiots.
Is "take a gasp" something that you say in Spanish?
In English, you'd say like "gist" or "glance" or "average" or something

English is great because you can say anyone thing in a dozen ways. And you can say even more without using any of the other ways

Take a glance, that was what I wanted to say.

It's not so much the issue with my posts not sticking out
as me wanting to write English properly. I know you guys don't really care, but I feel bad: if I can do it better, I want to.

Or at least, I want to try.

Brown haired people can't be heroes user. Pterry knew it.

>“…did the book have any adventures for people who had brown eyes and brown hair? No, no, no… it was blond people with blue eyes and the redheads with green eyes who got the stories. If you had brown hair you were probably just a servant or a woodcutter or something. Or a dairymaid. Well, that was not going to happen, even if she was good at cheese. She couldn’t be the prince, and she’d never be a princess, and she didn’t want to be a woodcutter, so she’d be the witch and know things…”

>if I can do it better, I want to.
Nigga, get your ass to America
That's a fucking 50 stars and 13 stripes attitude

I'm writing a big super hero universe and one the main pivotal Superman-level characters is brown haired and blue eyed. This is my combination so I don't want it to be seen as self-insert, but like you user's pointed out it's actually kind of a rare combo.

I'm basically looking for hair color and style types that aren't used a lot too.

Then there's always the theme that hair and eye colour doesn't matter:

>“Are you listening?”
>“Yes,” said Tiffany.
>“Good. Now… if you trust in yourself…”
>“Yes?”
>“… and believe in you dreams…”
>“Yes?”
>“…and follow your star…” Miss Tick went on.
>“Yes?”
>“…you’ll still be beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy. Goodbye.”

I've looked into it before, but but luck. Still trying, thought. Here, finding a work is hard, so...

Blond hair Brown eyes is rare, I think. You can dye their hair, too. Or give them a fresh haircut (but keep in mind that a conplex haircut is also harder or more time consuming to draw).

And then you can always work in their personality, manierisms, caracteristic poses, etc.

>So if even one parent has brown eyes, all their kids will have brown too
You just can't have a majority that way
But my dad has blue ones and my mom has brown, yet I have blue eyes.

Because your mom also has blue genes, even if they don't show up. In fact, you can have a large tradition of ascendants with brown eyes and get blue eyes by a fact of how probability and recesive getetics work. Only way of know if your brown eyes are "alone" or "mixed" is making a study, I think.

And even so, it can be more complex. I remember my biology teacher back in High School telling us that eye color getetics are deoendant of more than one gene in a single place if the DNA sequence.

I always liked this stuff, but I may be wrong. Wikipedia probably has some slighty more reliable info about it.

Oh, I know that. Both sides of my family have a history of blue eyed and blondness, despite neither of my parents having blond hair. Yet I do.

I was simply saying it's more complicated then "BROWN > BLUE"

This, blond hair and brown eyes is not something I see with characters a lot.

Pretty much light hair and dark eye color is a rare combo.

Black hair and hazel eyes I guess is another combination, brown hair and violet eyes? No one has violet eyes IRL tho.

>brown hair and eyes is considered boring and average
>tfw you have dark brown hair and eyes

>father- black hair/blue eyes
>mother- brown hair/brown eyes

>me and sister- brown hair/brown eyes
>brothers- blonde hair/green eyes
>other sister- brown hair/blue eyes

Did you fail high school biology?

>Spider-Man
>Hulk (banner)
>Mr. Fantastic
>Cyclops
>Green Lantern
>Ant-Man

>rare

>No one has violet eyes IRL tho.

... The West needs to enact the Antarctic plan.

hulk has black hair

Bruce Banner has brown hair. The Hulk has dark green hair. It was the gray Hulk who had black hair.

Hank is a blond, sometimes redish blond.
Scott is a redhead.
So is O'Grady.

I don't know which Ant-Man are you talking about.

Maybe Scott? But he's brown haired rarery, I think.

Bucky is also brown haired.

Gambit, too.
And Jessica Jones, but she's pretty modern.

Find a single picture of Cyclops without brown hair and I'll paypal you 200$

Old man with grey hair doesn't count for obvious reasons

Scott Lang, user. Not Scott Summers.

The list listed Ant-Man, unless I missread it, and I cannot guess which one can be, apart from the ocassional light brown / auburn
Scott Lang.

Now I remember another one: Rogue, even if she was a villain.

Huh? My dad has blue eyes, my mom has brown eyes and I have green eyes.

Haha, wow. Go read a biology book.