Was it ever explained why Slade/Deathstroke was so obsessed with destroying the city and torturing the Teen Titans?

Was it ever explained why Slade/Deathstroke was so obsessed with destroying the city and torturing the Teen Titans?

While the show was airing sometime around when I was in middleschool, I had no idea who Deathstroke was, and only started reading up about him after getting into Teen Titans.
From what I gathered, he was never explicitly evil like he was portrayed in TT. He was this mercenary for hire, and had didn't really care about good and evil as long as he was paid well but eventually he moved away from that and just became more of an anti-hero character. Someone who only punished criminals that the big time heroes didn't care about such as druglords or corrupt politicians.

Slade's problem in the comics was that writers would show him do terrible things and then try to justify his actions even if it contradicted the story.

You also seem to confuse him with the Punisher.The only time he ever went after drug lords and corrupt politicians is when people paid him to.

So was someone paying Slade to do all this elaborate shit to the Titans or did the writers of the show just had as much knowledge about him as I did prior

>From what I gathered, he was never explicitly evil like he was portrayed in TT.
Marv Wolfman has so much to answer for.

My own personal headcannon is that he basically became this pathetic loser who could only take on teenagers and was trying to feel powerful again like in his glory days.

He wanted a sidekick. So he tried to corrupt Robin, didn't take, tried to destroy them with Terra, and probably was going to try it with Beast Boy because why the fuck not?

I think Slade searching for an apprentice was the writers way of handling Slade's family issues.Jericho showed up in one episode but they never went into his backstory,Rose's relationship with him is just messed up and you could argue that Grant was Red X.

>Grant was Red X
IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

>rewatch episodes as an adult
>suddenly notice Slades' really... creepy as fuck behavior towards teenagers

I liked how the cartoon actually acknowledged how creepy Slade was and didn't try to fool viewers into thinking that he was a misunderstood hero.

>Was it ever explained why Slade/Deathstroke was so obsessed with destroying the city and torturing the Teen Titans?
Nothing about Slade was explained backstory wise, he remained an enigma throughout the show, not even knowing about him comics wise actually explains anything because Comics Slade and TT Slade are pretty damn different, it's debatable if they could even be called the same person and not just a different character using Slade because of its connections to the comic book Teen Titans.

Honestly the episodes with Robin loosing it over Slade and then Slade with Raven when Trigon was messing stuff up are really disturbing.

>Grant was Red X
It honestly makes more sense than Jason considering the TT Robin was Dick

he grabbed a lot of chins

the lulz

As a stupid kid, I just thought he was Batman. He was either doing some unnecessarily elaborate test for the Titans, or he turned evil because why not.

Now I'm older (and slightly less stupid), I can see that my theory was retarded.

they had sex in the comics

HOLY SHIT!!! WHY DID I NEVER REALIZE THIS

Murakami once said in an interview that in his mind, Red X didn't HAVE a secret identity, in fact the suit had become sentient because of its magic maguffin powersource.

He went full evil in the 00's. It was revealed that he was drugging and brainwashing his daughter to stay with him because she was all the family he had left and normally thought he was a monster. When Nightwing set her straight he and the Society bombed Bludhaven, killing 300,000 people and injuring hundreds of thousands more.

That sounds awfully gay.

Personally, I prefer it specifically because it neutralizes the fan theories. Scorched earth is a fair trade for the salty tears of the faggots who insist jokes can't just be jokes, it had to be Jason Todd.

Slade was like Norman Osborne in which he had everything except a worthy heir. Everything he did was to drive Robin to him.

Yeah it's definitely not grant...

There's no such thing as jokes!

prove it

We all know its an OC donnut steal character, but it is made to make us try to find out who he(?) is.

That...makes sense...

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS ARE YOU FOR REAL
THE REASON:
THE TEEN TITANS CAUSED HIS SON TO DIE. SO HE PROCEEDED TO RUIN THEIR LIL FUCKING HERO CHAIN.

the cunt from the above comment here:
wiki stolen
Slade has a long history as an enemy of the Teen Titans, beginning when his other son Grant received superhuman enhancements from the H.I.V.E., dubbed himself Ravager, and accepted a contract from them to kill or capture the Teen Titans. However, Grant's enhancements proved fatal, and Slade agreed to complete the contract. His first mission involved stealing the element Promethium from S.T.A.R. Labs and selling it as the ultimate weapon. He then kidnapped the Titans and placed them in the path of a Promethium bomb to test his device for the buyers, effectively killing two birds with one stone. The Titans escaped and pursued Deathstroke, but he severely wounded Beast Boy in his escape. This would be the start to a lasting animosity between the two.

Deathstroke next appeared in New York, holding officials hostage in order to lure the Titans into confronting him. Terra, a new ally of the Titans, and Beast Boy were the only ones available to answer the call. Terra knocked Beast Boy out and fought Deathstroke single-handedly in an effort to prove herself worthy of being a Titan. Deathstroke escaped as the other Titans arrived, but by then Terra had proven herself and the team offered her membership. Later that night, it was revealed that Terra and Deathstroke had conspired to fake the fight in a plot to infiltrate the team.[8]

I thought the reason Grant died was because of his ex wife doing dangerous experiments on him? He also sold Jericho as a sex slave so I don't think he cared much about him.

m8 Grant got that enchancement because he wanted to murder the Titans. But he failed and because Titans were his reasons to get that enchancement, Slade proceeded to think that Titans were responsible for that shit.

what u mean ex-wife, Grant got that power from HIVE

So Grant was granted power but he took it for granted and got replaced by a chick that could move granite?

That's a good story.I'll grant you that much

Deathstroke is an ephebophile.

stop trying to normalize some wicked faggotry using fancy words
there are normal people and they are all sorts of faggots, especially in worlds with metas and shit