So what the hell are they going to do this time?

So what the hell are they going to do this time?

Though I suppose anything is better than the shitty 4th.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Memes

it's full of old unfunny memes and manages to be worse than Shark Tale

When were either of the other movies full of memes?

>Though I suppose anything is better than the shitty 4th.
The 3rd was worse tough

3rd was boring, but at least the story wasn't a complete assassination of character.

>VS thread???

i though odysseus killed the cyclops

STR VS DEX

Not quite, I was just bumping with the mirrors of the movie posters.

fuck off

You fuck off, it's my thread.

Wasn't the plan to eventually go into the details of Shrek's youth? The musical covered it a bit, so I could see them exploring that.

All I recall was that they had a pentalogy in mind, but then canned it with the fourth movie. Though something about Shrek's history would be interesting given the movies have mostly just been his life moving forward.

>movie is full of trollface and shit like that
>ends
>credits ends
>Shreks voice whisper
>"it's all ogre...."

LOL, "para siempre" literally means "for always" but it's missing the "for\four" pun. It's weird seeing the title translated to spanish.

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Meanwhile we still haven't gotten a sequel to pic related
>it's been 5 years since this came out

I think it had a Netflix series.

>ogre

THEY'RE USING MEMES NOW

Oh shit, you're right!

Why didn't I know about this??

Isn't it in the works?

OH goddammit why the fuck is this franchise so popular? I get giving it a film in the first place, and even a sequel, but 5 movies?

Yeah, but, according to Wikipedia:
>"the movie was titled Puss in Boots 2: Nine Lives & 40 Thieves and was scheduled to be released on November 2, 2018.[84] Two months later, it was moved back to December 21, 2018.[6] In January 2015, Puss in Boots 2 was removed from the release schedule following corporate restructuring and DreamWorks Animation's new policy to release two films a year.[7] Two months later, Banderas said in an interview that the script was under restructuring, and that Shrek may appear in the film."

SOMEBODY

ONCE

5 was the original plan before they decided to shelf it for a while with the 4th.

The real question is why didn't these morons fucking plan it out better? If you've got a fixed number of movies in mind, shouldn't that entail some kind of vague story arc ideas?

4 was just a generic Disney ripoff kid's movie, which is admittably kinda pathetic for a series that used to be a parody of Disney movies. 3 was, just, an abscence of humor or entertainment value. I think the only part that reached even standerd, crappy kid's movie levels of interesting was the attack at the end, but even then, just barely.

>OH goddammit why the fuck is this franchise so popular

The first Shrek kinda killed traditional Disney Storytelling/2D animation

Two Hulks trumps anything. Siamese Stark is just gravy.

Shrek 5: After Forever After (2019)
Shrek 6: SHREK VS MEMES (2022)
Shrek 7: Shrek's Seven Sins (2026)
Shrek 8: The Final Final Chapter (2028)
Shrek 9: The Epilogue of Shrek (2039)

4 was pretty much a tv episode plot (Character wants to see world where they don't exist, it sucks, they return and everything is hunky dory). The third movie at least went somewhere with the plot and the overall development of the characters, it was just lacking the heart and charm of the second's plot while starting to show the lazier side of the mashup formula they used.

>It's just like high school, but the jocks are knights! lol!

Shrek 1 and a 1/2: Farquad's Short Story
24 Shrek Street
Gingie: Gynecologist
Shrek the Musical
Shrek On Ice
Skrek the Musical On Ice
Twitch Plays Shrek
Twitch Plays Shrek the Musical On Ice
Shrek the Ogre [Reboot]

youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E

Final Chapter's alternate world made no sense.

How does removing Shrek's existence basically rewrite so much of the history that even thing he was probably not around for weren't the same? Or are they implying Shrek is really hundreds of years old?

I think everything Shrek wasn't directly responsible for was supposed to be a result of Rumple's reign as king, which Shrek indirectly blocked in the main universe.

Yea, but it seemed like years of stuff had change, and it couldn't have been more than maybe 1-2 if one counts up the time in the first 3 movies.

Heck, I'm surprised they didn't explore the possibility of Farquad being alive again. Could have even shown what would have happened if he had managed to get with Fiona as he had wanted.

>Final Chapter alternate world

For a minute there I thought you were describing encountering Shrek in Kingdom Hearts.

Give Disney a couple years, and that could happen.

>Press Triangle to summon Shrek, special move: OGRE TIME

Can confirm this is good in its own way. Writing is hit or miss, but it feels more cartoony than the movies

Shrek vs. Sharknado (2018)
Shrek Shippuden (2022)

Shrek vs. Alien vs. Predator in 3-D (2024)

>THE DELEGATES DAHNALD

>it's been 5 years since this came out
W-where did the time go??

Holy shit you guys are downright retarded to believe this artwork is official.

Farquad wouldn't have gotten Fiona because nobody but Shrek and Donkey would have gotten past Dragon

it doesn't matter if the art is real, the movie still is

And Charming. The whole thing was rigged specifically for him.

Into the trash

>shrek the musical
Already exists user

I thought Mike Meyers was dead?

There was a Shrek IV?

>two praying ogre monks

Yeah, it was a "It's A Wonderful Life" thing where he accidently signs away his existence for a day of running around like he did before the first movie.
It's on par with the second movie.

With two Black Widows, two Nick Fury's, and two Captain Americas the Sregwgers team would be the perfect stealth team, and the two Thors can be quite helpful if things go south.
Now, the Avemeva team, on the other hand, is the perfect firepower team with their Double Hulks and Iron Men. Hawkeye can be used to pick high-value targets in the confusion of the battlefield.

Is this real?
Is this satire?
What the hell is going on!?

Poster? Fake
But Shrek 5 is planned

Oh god.

Sequelitis has hit Hollywood.

>Mfw

>DOCTORS ARE JEALOUS OF HIM!

>tfw the tagline for the 4th movie was "the final chapter"
>tfw more new chapters
>tfw you realize it will truely never be ogre

anybody else want to see shrek get some kind of transformation?

like he becomes a super Ogre and gets all buff and grows some cool horns and fangs?

I would actually go see a new Shrek movie if this happened

>maximum ogredrive

that's dumb
you're dumb

let's do it

Yeah but Fiona got bored and left before he showed up. I meant nobody that Farquad would have sent

Shreknado IMAX 3D and 4D, rated PG-13 (2020)

3rd one was meh, but still had enjoyable moments. I don't think I enjoyed anything from the 4th one.

Shrek 1: Good
Shrek 2: Great
Shrek 3: Meh (very close to being awful)
Shrek 4: Decent I don't care what anyone says, I will defend this movie for the rest of my life, stop hating on it