DEATHSTROKE #11 - EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW

>Are you ready, Sup Forums ?

Official solicit: "“CHICAGO”! Jack Ryder, a.k.a. the Creeper, investigates a series of murders in Chicago…and comes face to face with Deathstroke, the World’s Deadliest Assassin. Christopher Priest is joined by guest artists Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz for an unflinching look at gun violence in America.

>comicsalliance.com/priest-cowan-sienkiewicz-deathstroke-11-preview/?trackback=tsmclip

>Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz are legends in comics, known for their groundbreaking art in decades past, and both have been a powerful influence on artists who have come after. Cowan is best known for drawing The Question in the 1980s and Hardware in the ’90s, while Sienkiewicz is known for his work on Moon Knight and New Mutants in the ’80s. Now both these artists are coming together, with Cowan on pencils and Sienkiewicz on inks, to help writer Christopher Priest tell a very important story in Deathstroke #11.

>It’s a single-issue story called “Chicago,” which guest stars the Creeper. But the emphasis of the story is not on the two heroes, it’s on the real-world problem of gun violence in America. Obviously that’s a very fraught topic, and it would be easy to get it wrong, especially in a superhero comic, where things tend to be larger than life. But just in this five-page preview, Priest turns a situation on its head, subverting expectations about what a crime looks like and who’s responsible. So while the story may or may not have anything profound to say, it’s bound to be a smart take, as we’d expect from Priest. And the art is gritty and gorgeous, courtesy of Cowan and Sienkiewicz.

Hey, remember when the Creeper was a murderous Japanese Oni with tornado powers?

>Deathstroke #11 is out January 25

Last Page. Thoughts?

Countdown to the Sup Forums segment of the board sperging out about this

I started reading Deathstroke because I wanted to see Rose.
But the book overall was better than I was expecting.

I think they are either asleep, or in the streets celebating.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing how Priest works with Chi-raq

Rose "half-hmong" wilson continues to be great

Thankfully, no.

I don't want to remember

The thing is, in keeping with Priest, it's immediately not working out like the expected tract or party line.

A black detective assumes a black kid was shot in an attempted rape and a white 'reporter' makes the case that it's actually a drug crime and the white woman intentionally shot an underage drug mule, then tried to blame it on black mechanics who tried to assist her. And Deathstroke is taking a contract like any other as far as we can see - I'm sure he'll have something to say, but I'm equally sure it won't be [UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ABOUT ISRAEL???] tier.

Last issue was like the most Christopher Priest issue yet.
>"Are you here for the ancient, mystical family sword?"

And JA ZAKI, THE RED LION is fucking great.

HOLY SHIT CREEPER'S BACK?

Priest immediately turning things on its head and showing that things are never as simple as you think they are should be a lesson even to some of his contemporaries

>And JA ZAKI, THE RED LION is fucking great.
I'm glad he's sticking around, he's great

Yeah. Of course, he also enjoys complexity for its own sake.

>Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz

Shit, Priest asking the hard questions. I don't see this having any easy answers

Go to the range and learn how to not be a retard. Pretty easy. And with the twist it's just criminals killing criminals, so it doesn't matter.

Creeper? Yes all my yes

Oy vey iz mir.

Finally, an issue with great art. Too bad we're back to Pagulayan and Bennett after this...

Wait, hold on -- Deathstroke is worth reading?

Yes, the current run has been excellent.

At least the Hama breakdowns make it flow nicely

Why isn't Priest writing, like, everything?

Nah, the lazy pencils ruin the flow.

Figured a cop would be smart enough to know gun control wouldn't work.
>but muh Japan
A different culture and an island.

I don't think he's means it like that when he's being out the point that there really isn't an excuse for there to be so much mass shootings compared to other first world countries

>hurr durr muh 11,000 handgun murders
>hurr durr gun control

Do I really need to listen to this bullshit again?

Sup Forums found the thread I guess

I'm sure the white man will be blamed for this.

Deathstroke, a white man, will be blamed for the people he is literally murdering? Yes, probably.

No, I'm pretty sure Deathstroke's going to face the reader, break the fourth wall and say: "This is on you, white America." and it will be hailed as revolutionary.

Wait even in comics with super-powered people Chicago is a shithole because of guns?

>Doubting Priest

How many super powered people live in DC Chicago?

holy fuck, looks great.

I dropped the title after the first arc... might pick it up again

Nightwing was there briefly. They had passed a law banning capes.

Oh boy, now Deathstroke's What-If-Batman-Murdered-People-But-Without-Guns.

It's the only rebirth title worth a shit.

Isn't that Midnighter?

Yep go buy the trade.

I wasn't aware that Batman is a hitman with swords

>Nightwing
>super powered

Man, lets hope we can get more Creeper.
Creeper for new side kick or long term Adversary for Deathstroke.

Also didnt we see this contract being taken in the LOVE comic book that came out in the beginning of the month?

I don't believe Priest wrote that dumb page.