Watched Episode 1 Of Black Mirror. Does It Get Any Better?

Watched half of Episode 2. So far the theme seems to be: People are stupid and terrible. the End. Why is this series so popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3QnBEGj2dYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Does it get any better?

No

every episode is the same, poorly written hamfisted social commentary.

Ep 1 is the only episode I liked, dropped it after season 2.

Black Mirror is the showrunner's excuse to portray infidelity through a technological dystopia

But Inland Empire already exists

its kinda inconsistent. some episodes are great but others are dumb and believe me, the dumb episodes are REALLY retarded.

Watch one more episode and if you don't like it you won't like the rest of the show. There's not much else to be said, it's all full of ham-fisted social commentary that mostly falls flat. It feels like it really wants to be Twilight Zone but modern and hip. I wish there was more solid horror/mystery anthology shows.

Only watched two episodes. The pilot, which did admittedly catch me off guard with the pig fucking, and some snoozer about soldiers with eye implants hunting down "roaches" that I called the plot twist/scenes/ending of within like five minutes of starting it.

I guess it's worth a try if you are jonesing for sci-fi dystopia with all the political subtlety of a donkey show.

I've seen the eyeball memory one and the jogging simulator video game world one
The latter was worse than your average post-Hunger Games YA novel
But the former was pretty good

People are stupid and terrible should be on Sup Forums's masthead.

every episode is the same OP

>introduce wacky concept
>OMG said wacky concept has ruined my relationships and sex life
>newer aspect of concept promises to fix all your qualms
>TWIST it doesn't actually fix your problems

FIN

then the plebs praise this shit as high art... pathetic

I thinkt the pilot was one of the weakest episodes. Like others have said, it's really inconsistent. The best episode in my opinion is the season 2 christmas special.

my favorite episode is white bear. try watching that one. if still no, fuck it.

Black Mirror is startlingly unoriginal considering its premise, but there are a couple of comfy episodes worth watching. I recommend skipping to 'Be Right Back', and then watching 'San Junipero.'

And then not watching any others.

doont you guys remember what show was it in the 90s, which was also a Twilight Zone like show but for teens/kids. Dont rememmber much more of it though.
i recall an episode was about something with one of the neighbour kids braces. it could get alien signals or something. but maybe thats another story.

and it was leagues better than black mirror

round the twist

Literally the only episode I've seen is the VR horror game one, and apparently that's the one fans of the show hate the most. So, I don't real feel any motivation to watch more since the one I like must be nothing like the rest.

The entire history of you was my favorite, but man does season 3 start incredibly bad. I its pretty much hit or miss.

>'San Junipero.'
>good

it was literally just a homosexual love story. Two old people get to live forever with each other, wow. There wasn't even anything bad about it. Not a subtle build up of San Junipero being a hell.

Sup Forums liked it, then it got a Netflix season and suddenly everyone "always hated it". You won't like it, stop watching now.

You'll note that I didn't say it was good.

found it!

Eerie indiana
youtube.com/watch?v=3QnBEGj2dYc

he becomes mindreader with the braces

*dog-mind-reader

Pigfucker and the Christmas episode are the only good ones.

It's good, and the criticisms that the other anons are coming up with are also true. But you don't need to so cynical and just enjoy a well produced TV show with some themes to think about.

Every episode I saw had the same "HURR WE ARE SLAVES TO TECHNOLOGY HURR"

Couldn't even finish season 1.

You watched two of the worst episodes tho

THAT IS THE DECLARED THEME OF THE SHOW IDIOT

>Be Right Back
You can see Hayley Atwell's assets there

the overall theme is "fuck white people"

skip it

Even as a latino, that shit gets old.

Little
Black
Balls

because it makes stupid people think they are smart by "getting it".

Episode 2 was mediocre. Episode 3 is good and raw. Haven't seen the rest

They are hit and miss. Some are well constructed and have interesting ideas around them (Nosedive, San Junipero) while others don't inject the technology in an interesting way (The Entire History of You, Playtest) and some literally have nothing to do with the "theme" of the show (White Bear, The National Anthem).

Also, as another poster mentioned, there is a lot of cuck shit which is weird.

>Why is this series so popular?
Schadenfreude