Why is DC trying to make this duo a thing?

Why is DC trying to make this duo a thing?

Women love Harley Quinn and pretend to love Wonder Woman.

Why not?

Putting their no.1 best selling and most well known female icon Harley with a B tier hero nobody really gives a shit about should work wonders wonder woman.

Ok, so harley is upside down. Why are the kiss marks right side up? Artist is a hack!

Maybe Harley kissing her is the reason Wondy tied her up?

Why is HQ so popular?

I think it's because a lot of female heroes act a lot like men, in the sense that they're all business and strong and whatnot. That doesn't seem to be an escape for women, they're always put under a lot of pressure to present themselves a certain way in society so they need an escape.

For men, a hero like Superman, where he has tons of power and is praised for protecting people, or Batman, a hero that worked hard and became elite, those are idealistic goals. It allows men to live out their natural urges through fictional characters.

Anyway as it turns out, the old adage, girls just wanna have fun, seems to hold true for their heroes as well. Women seem to want to simply escape the pressures of society at least for a while, and not be burdened with responsibility. You see this everywhere, the spa, girls night, Halloween costumes, etc.

So if you look at Harley that way, it makes some sense why she's so popular with women. Harley being in a bad relationship but sill being able to take charge and express herself seems to be the core principal driving her popularity with women while WW wanes.

It would seem that women don't want to emulate a strong independent woman that don't need no man, they want to live out the fantasy of being a woman that can express herself no matter what anyone thinks.

TL:DR Male heroes help the reader live out the fantasy of protector and achievement, female heroes should be helping the reader live out the fantasy of expressing herself without repercussion.

This maybe why She-Hulk is popular, too. I know she has a large male fanbase (seems mostly based on her form) and female, too because her sexual appetite isn't portrayed as something amoral. A usual trope of an evil female character is wanton sexuality and seduction. So, it's really novel and refreshing when the girl can actively pursue intimacy, while still being seen as the hero. Also, if a woman was She-Hulk they wouldn't have to worry about walking down the street at night (or day), sexual violence, etc.
Another one is she's one of the only muscular female characters that's still seen as desirable and feminine, and she's not disparaged for her physical shape. She's shows you don't have to be slim/look like the "standard" woman and still be attractive.

She-Hulk also hates her non Hulk form, she hates being Jennifer, she hates being the the unapproachable female lawyer that's always prim and proper and what have you.

Her being She-Hulk is all about expressing herself, she's even able to find success and do her day job while expressing herself.

For Jen, She-Hulk is her true self and she's not afraid to show it off.

Same reason the serious woman and crazy girl pairings work every time. Funny and interesting as their differences clash.

So someone would actually read something with Wonder Woman on it.

She doesn't act like a guy or a lesbian like wonder woman or carol

They should make cheesecake covers a thing again
that's what got me to buy girl led comics as a kid in the 90s
make fun stories, a little action and always remember, tits are cool

It's their most popular female character teaming up with Wonder Woman

Harley is really the third pillar of DC

A lot of reasons, such as because she is a villain who cares only really about having fun, but that her being a villain isn't her fault. She's not some serious evil character with some agenda, and if someone doesn't like that she's a villain they can just blame the joker for everything she does leaving Harley herself blameless, at least in the eyes of that fan. Then you have her doing good, but it's not for the sake of good, it's because she's either forced into it, or for fun. You don't have to agree with Harley, you don't have to disagree with Harley, her stance is she wants to have fun. Then you have her actually hating people sometimes, but only really because they are infringing on her ability to have fun, or did something specifically to her, that pissed her off.

In a way she's also a wish fulfillment sort of character, purely because of her actions. Harley doesn't care about the consequences of her actions, she just does them. She's a person who doesn't have or just ignores her inhibitions, and it can be quite relaxing to watch or read about a character that doesn't get caught up in responsibilities or consequences and just does what they want to. When watching or reading such acts it's kind of like you aren't bound by those things either.

This thread's gonna go shallow real fast... How's about we make it a "Bitches Love Wonder Woman" thread?

I would love the story of the lead-up to that image

It's called Harley's Black Book. It came out months ago. This literally happens in the comic.

Because Harley needs a straight man to play off. She's fucking boring on her own

>Tried pairing WW with Superman to make her relevant and it failed horribly.
>Now they are trying to pair WW with Harley.
Why is Wonder Woman so pathetic?

>Doing this when they could be doing Wonder Woman/Batwoman

She hulk is not popular, she is a c lister

This

I want to see this scene in one of the movies.

It's that non-canon book Harley's Little Black Book. Harley totally molested WW in that issue

>he thinks women experience "pressures" from society
Ok, I let that slide in places like the middle-east, but in the west? Don't make me laugh. Women are treated like queens and the only thing they are pressured into is keeping up their appearance.

Because Wonder Woman is their most iconic female character and Harley is their most popular female character.

>non-canon

I've got bad news for you...

Batman hit it first.

Are talkin about the League v Squad comic?. Even then Wondy is like " What the fuck are you talking about?" when Harley references the Black Book story

What have they done besides this one issue together?

I admit I'm behind on my DC so maybe in JL vs Suicide Squad they hang a lil bit more,
But I can't imagine it is a lot of time together.

I prefer this ship.

Ollie and Harley isn't a bad one though.

She might not be "Harley-Quinn popular", but she's a still popular. Plus, She-Hulk is certainly not a C-Lister.

>She hulk
>Popular

>Never been adapted into a tv show of her own, while hulk have had several films and a tv series.
>Have not been adapted into tv series. Meanwhile, fucking spider woman had her own cartoon.
>No plans to be included in the current marvel universe, either films, tv show or web series.

>She hulk
>Popular

>>Doing this when they could be doing Wonder Woman/Batwoman

or

Wonder Woman/ Big Barda

should we just rename her Harley Queer already?

She showed up in the 82 Hulk cartoon and was a major character in the second season of the 96 version and Agents of SMASH. Fuck off with that nonsense.

Sure, why not?. At this point Joker is a thing of the past

Seek sunlight.

>She appeared as secondary character on some cartoons!

Seriously, there's a whole bunch of female marvel heroins that are more deserving of the tittle of popular.

Societal pressure is relative, your middle school attempts at false equivalency are an embarrassment.

only two dc women with movies

assmad roasties detected

Self inserting psychopath bad girl slut for female readers.

Harley & Zatanna is pretty fun

I like to imagine she pronounces nuthin' as nuttin' and this scene segues into sex with a random passer-by.

roasties? What fucking backwater are you from where roasties is a slang term?

well she spends the issues with wonder woman trying to sleep with wonder woman, the issue with green lantern trying to sleep with green lantern, the issue with superman trying to sleep with superman, and the issue in an alternate time-line trying to sleep with herself. So it wouldn't be unexpected