/CTG/ Channel-tans General

A Regular Edition

Drawfags and Writefags are more than welcome to contribute

>What is a Channel-tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a television channel.

>Why are you making these?
For the simple reason that we can.

>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too.

>Where is the gallery for all the images?
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

>Where is the Pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/aFgUXApa

>Previous Threads?
pastebin.com/rCJCzJMi

>How can I help?
If a Channel doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple Channels have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.

>How many Channels do we need?
All of them. but mostly those who are Sup Forums related.

And last but not least, remember to have
>Fun

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_hatter_disease
fortune.com/2017/01/19/paramount-pictures-china-film-investment/
pixxxels.org/image/wk3pss9sn/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Paramount_Pictures,_Inc.
youtu.be/gdClkpWrSlc
thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/tv/2016/09/15/is-foxtel-worth-it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Folks, it's tennis season

Welcome to /CTG/!

CN didn't care about regular show. This tan is a lie.

Fuck, I wasn't ready for the feels...

>Good show

Right in the kokoro sempai

Alright Deida explain me this meme or reference, good art tho.

you see, ESPN is based in Connecticu

/r/ing AT&T trying to get Foxxy to like her

Hell, guys, it's too early for me to be feeling this. I curse you JQ, Pops deserved more.

mornin'! rn i'm not home, but when i come back i'll post something.

I'm going to miss Pops, he was my favorite character. Farewell my dearest friend.

Morning Lune and welcome back

Why the fuck would they draw the manifestation of Cartoon Network hugging Pops?
They're the ones who fucking canned the show.

Oh yeah I got that... but why that strange hat?

More like the execs of Cartoon Network canned the show and the personification of it is saddened by the loss.

Dammit /ctg/ too early fuck now i'm sad

>the personification of it is saddened by the loss.
So the personification of the network itself is somehow fucking except of the fact that it was THE NETWORK that fucking cancelled the show?

Cherry picking bullshit.

You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.

>Cherry picking bullshit
you care too much

I have to admit the final was not amazing but Pops made it acceptable

Meh, channels are only means of transmission, the culprit here are the executives who considered that the show was no longer popular or profitable enough to keep it on the air.

Once again the enemy is the "man" in suit and tie.

Look man, I have my own headcanon that personifications are nothing more than employees that work for the people in charge and are given as much control as their human owners allow.

They know what is best for the network/company as a whole, but some people can't listen to a good idea when it's screaming in their face and don't listen to reason. So, at the end of everything, they can only watch as board presidents/execs in charge of the department cancels shit and replaces it with something else because of a Focus Group said it was a good idea.

But, this is just my own idea and you can think of anything else.

Heyo Lune!

I think I preferred the gladiator concept

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_hatter_disease

It's alright mate, but don't be so grumpy. come here and be happy. Do it, for Pops.

>F

She's cute indeed but the other dude reminds me of Eddy from Ed Edd n Eddy. That's cool.

Well I guess that's true, it's what Pops would have wanted

Guess who's a billion dollars richer? If you guessed Paramount/the Viacom family, you'd be right , and surprised.

>fortune.com/2017/01/19/paramount-pictures-china-film-investment/

The gist of this is, is that two Chinese film companies gave Paramount a billion dollars and is investing in the company as well as helping it finance a quarter of it's films.

Hopefully that means we get more wuxia films.

I'm picturing Paramount being given sacks of cash by two Chinese people and Vi's looking at him with something akin to pride.

Finally, he has money.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_hatter_disease

Thank you. nice VRV by the way but still going with Durian's design, he's a son of a bitch but I love it.

>Chinese film companies gave Paramount a billion dollars

... uhm, no sure why but that's kinda weird

> Chinese Companies
> "Investing" in a film company

That sounds like the plot of a mobster movie

well, paramount-tan looks like a mobster.

Do you mean FOX? that son of a bitch!

I swear I do not understand anything about this, but she's cute.

>Finally, he has money.

Thanks to Arrival, never forget.

I promise I'll be less cynical, for you Pops

Nothing about this news seems to me legal or a good omen for them

Morning and evening. Everyone in the mood for some naughties? Yeah you are.

pixxxels.org/image/wk3pss9sn/

It's because it all started like this. Paramount and his assistant Paramount Channel traveled to China to borrow money from the local mafia, thereby funding their future films while they use their studios to hide drugs and illegal guns for Chinatown gangs.

Morning my aussie homie

oh wow I was going to post this XD but you beat me to it lol nice to start ,but Im going to miss Regular show

Hoho, nice job dude

China has been wanting to step foot in Hollywood for quite a while and Paramount(even after all of its screw-ups) is still a major movie studio that has some clout and prestige to it's name. The Dalian Wanda Group wanted to purchase 49% of the company for 4 billion dollars until Redstone stopped that.

Now Paramount has a door to a country with over 1.3 billion people and wants to give them movies. Shanghai Film group is a large theater chain and Huahua and Paramount have collaborated on films together in the past.

You have a triumvirate of a Major American movie studio, a large theatre chain and a homegrown film studio all working together to create a bridge between the East and The West. If they all play their cards right, it's going to be a very profitable venture for all of them.

Paramount's a criminal and has gone to court over the things that it did in the past.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Paramount_Pictures,_Inc.

You did a very good job with that picture, AM. Congratulations. I'm going to miss the show and Pops too.

boop

they are so goddamn cute!

It's a good OP, thank you ArttMadness

makes a lot sense.

ay, thanks!

Adorable, I really like SyFy she looks great in your style

she looks stoned. i like her for that.
ah, thanks.

Nice to see Boomerang getting love. It's been awhile since she's got some

Boomy!

So cute

I guess this is a sequel to pic related? I like it, lewd but with style

Lovely work Noir.

I can understand why Viacom divorced her, she isn't even giving him the reach-around.

really? she's pretty cool.

thanks!

Damn it I think I have an erection with just reading this, I need someone to draw this scene, I will sell my soul if necessary!

She used to get a lot of stuff but it kinda slowed down.

Poor CBS, now that will not be more than a fantasy. A summer dream.

>just watched the end of regular show

Good show

I like the image that you use to notify us of new lewds and by the way that is quite hot, it is good to see you again in action, Noir

Will CBS and Vi ever get along or will they continue to hate each other?

It was a pretty great show. I wish there had been a marathon of some sort for the finale, like all of the best episodes or something.

Knowing Perry that deal didn't come out right although he kept the money of course

There is no hope for them. I like to belive that CBS / Viacom are the complete opposite of AT&T / Papa Turner

Deida when we will see ESPN training channels for the Superbowl!

Nah, Fox is the type of businessman who takes advantage of legal gaps in his workers' contracts

I doubt it, their relationship has never been good

1/2 I am in the dying need of sleep

Lune your style is very cute and delicate I really like to be honest and I hope to see more tans in your style in future threads

Get some rest soldier -- you earned it

don't worry, i plan to do all the tans, sooner or later. :D

Why did Redstone even pair them together in the first place? What was the point of them even being merged if they couldn't stand each other?

Oh nice, a sequel! I hope this ends well.

2/2 I'm gonna stay up a little longer til the sun rises

Tanke a nap, DS :u

Because Redstone is a madman who only wants money and power as well as eternal life

It's a very good comic, but I think you should rest. Thanks for coming, DS.

Finally Toonami-chan found true love

Me too Mr Madness, me too

oh God, is this how waifu fags feel when their waifu gets shipped with someone?

Also, morning, all. Glad to see the place hasn't burned down while I was gone.

>youtu.be/gdClkpWrSlc

I love happy endings

Thanks but sleep is for the weak

VRV my Design

Because if a king wants to make a great empire, he doesn't really care if the marriages he orders are one's made of love.

Which is what happened, he paired them off because he wanted to create a media empire that had everything from a movie studio, strong cable channels and a broadcast network, but the pieces didn't mesh together that well and instead of trying to slowly shape them to fit each others needs Redstone pushed them together by force until nearly all of them detested each other and he was losing money and he had to separate them.

The only thing I learned in these threads over the months is that Redstone is an asshole and got even worse over the years.

Which reminds me, we talked about both CBS and Viacom, but how come we never talk about the company that owns the BOTH of them, National Amusements? What are they like, or would old man Sumner not even have one for his company?

morning guys

just wanted to drop some new ground-rules ideas since /ctg/ is growing

>Youtube channels with only one or two series going on don't get a tan, they need three series with different art styles to get a tan, so something like Eddsworld and ExplosmEntertainment don't get one

>We don't create tans just because someone is trying to force their fetish on another. Remember when someone tried making CN a trap, so we decided to make CN West and make him a trap? Well we don't do shit with west simply because of that, if someone wants their fetish on an already existing tan then they can fuck off

>Unless otherwise we settle on one tan design for whatever channel, corportation, youtube channel we're dealing with. If your tan doesn't get picked then oh well, there's plenty more to choose from

>Once we settle on a tan design, that design get's put up on the chart as soon as possible, we have a backlog of tans that still aren't up there.

>Once a tan is made then the artist should draw that tan at least once every thread, since we tend to draw new tans and then only once

someone should calm them.
(i should draw them decently. ah.)

these aren't rules but

Fix the NBCUniversal chart needs to be renamed to Comcast, since we have a comcast tan and they own NBCUniversal. Plus Weather Channel is already on the chart so just place her there along with ani-monday

Make a section for PBS, both PBS-tans are right next to each other yet there isn't an established section for them

BBC needs a section too

Time Warner owns some of MGMs library so put her in the TW section. Machinima was bought by TW so put her in the TW section too.

Fleischer needs to be put in the Viacom section

and for fucksake fix the disney section. People wanted TWDC-tan on the top where Disney was and all that happened was Disney getting scooted a little to the left

When you guys told me to stop making my own chart and said you'd update it i thought that you were gonna actually update it with tans that were missed, not slap some of the new ones on to it and then call it a day

What have you done

oh gosh.

this is too cute.

Hey, my original drawing had her arms bare, why is she dressed so conservatively?

i fucked up

Comfy netflix is best girl.

Speaking of Netflix, I forgot to mention how Foxtel was getting nervous about how popular Netflix is becoming in Australia. It's her only true competitor.

thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/tv/2016/09/15/is-foxtel-worth-it/

wow that's a nice design

no one can stop them their fight is older than dust

She came from future where there is not channels, just apps