What the fuck was his appeal?

What the fuck was his appeal?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lnRbxIHi9zw
youtube.com/watch?v=1uQlB99WCuk
youtube.com/watch?v=9kpBzUQHYtM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what the fuck is YOUR fucking appeal fuckface?

>reddit incarnate

DUDE IT WAS JUST A PRANK

>mfw in Man On the Moon when he suggests that they fuck with the U-hold and V-hold so that people adjust their television sets

He's the original troll. He just did shit to make people uncomfortable that he found funny. It just so happened other people found it funny and made him famous.

Commitment to a character that was and still is completely incredible, and he was funny

He was writing Reality TV before it existed, really on a Performance Art level. Without Andy, there would be no...m.youtube.com/watch?v=lnRbxIHi9zw

2nd try
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lnRbxIHi9zw

>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED
He's the first to do this supposedly.

He invented the concept of "just pretending to be retarded".

He was funny.

He was a troll, but he was a Jew troll so hollywood jews won't let his memory die. They even dragged prime Jim Carry in to do a dull movie about his life.

What is this hairstyle called?

Eric Andre is better.

That shit is as old as Diogenes.

I think this is the key. He was making jokes for himself, with the rest of the world as the punchline. He was the first one to flip it around and was, as previously stated, the first real Troll. God bless him. He would have been one of us. And we'd have hated him. Magnificent bastard.

Fun fact: When Andy was a high schooler in Great Neck, he performed at a civil rights rally in a jugband with his classmate, Mark "Moogy" Klingman. Their performance almost caused a riot that led to Andy's suspension, and Moogy's expulsion. Moogy played around various clubs in the New York area before meeting Todd Rundgren outside the Cafe Au Go Go in 1969 and becoming his main keyboardist on songs such as "Hello It's Me" and the prog band, Utopia.

How the fuck do you die of lung cancer at the age of 35? Something doesn't seem right

kayfabe

He played in a lot of clubs with a lot of smoke.

And even he probably had an aunt or uncle who did it first.

Basically he was the first person to do something abstract with standup comedy instead of just wearing a suit and telling street jokes

another jew comedian gets promoted by jew media and people wonder why he was famous

Nah fuck off i actually like this one

Faking his own death to fuck with people

Being a fucking legend

youtube.com/watch?v=1uQlB99WCuk

KEK

Talk about born before your time.

he didn't even smoke. IIRC The type of lung cancer he had was some rare kind that's not caused by smoking.

He actually went bald?

Chemo, genius.

Plus he didn’t seek out traditional chemotherapy. He tried the “holistic” approach. Didn’t work for Steve Jobs either.

He tried chemo first but the cancer had progressed too far and it wasn't working. He went to some crazy island cult doctor for a natural cure as a last resort.

Why did he cancel Fez 2

people on reddit hate that shit though

>tried chemo first
No he tried to baby step it with some radiation, and then eat clean with fruits and veggies. Radiation is one part of cancer fighting, the other is this poison the drip into you. For something that aggressive you have to go “Lance Armstrong”. The strongest chemo your body can handle without killing you. He topped off his fruit diet with psychic surgery where they pull chicken livers out you.

>the first real troll

I think that award belongs to Nero.

First real troll in any form of media or mass communication. First to live off trolling.

Retarded shit.

Danny Devito is great in the film

he was a living meme

Underrated comment

I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU I TRUSTED YOU

Jerry Lawler had a pretty interesting take. Basically Andy's whole act was that of a wrestling bad guy. He did what he did to elicit the most negative reactions. He wasn't looking for laughs or pity.

ANDY DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THIS ONE

And just like people got tired of that kid in school, people got tired of Andy. Remember that he got voted off of SNL by fans

I think he's like Lenny Bruce. Not actually funny, but he was the Jesus figure that took all of the blowback for doing controversial stuff and opened up opportunities for actually funny people.

not funny.

It's hilarious you dumb fuck

>haha sooooo random

And today user learned what Absurdism is.

Eating fruit with all that sugar, which we now think has a connection to tumor growth. How ironic.

>when Andy died they asked Jerry for his thoughts and Jerry had to pretend he was disgusted by the question to keep in character

Kayfabe is a lost art man

An idiot who knew he was an idiot and could fool people into thinking he was a genius.

Being able to do this
youtube.com/watch?v=9kpBzUQHYtM

the troll godffather
papa pepe

It's more complex than that. Andy really enjoyed the heel in wrestling. He liked an audience's attention, but he had the grace and intellect to do avant-garde work that was fascinating to watch. The whole bongo drum Tonight Show bit an excellent example of slow absurdism that was good to watch. He was a great act, and he understood showmanship.
And he loved hookers.

old TV was all garbage

boomers pretended it was good because they had three channels to choose from

this is some Adam Sandler shit.

You're wrong. Twilight Zone and Columbo were pure kino.

Original troll.

In fact...if you dislike him. He doesnt care.
Bored. Doesnt care.
Think hes funny. Doesnt care.

Most based celeb ever.

Andy are you goofing on Elvis?

t. Jerry Lawler

Performance art. Andy Kaufmann wasn't really a comedian (he always denied he was instead calling himself an "entertainer"), he was a performance artist who was willing to do whatever it took to get a reaction from the audience. Most people weren't used to that, and it made him memorable.

He was kind of the first person to take absurdist performance art to middle America.

How's that Netflix documentary about how Jim Carrey being an unlikable asshole to everyone on the set of Man on the Moon?

IF YOU BELIEVE

I'M BREAKING THROUGH I'M BENDING SPOONS

OH NO I'VE SAID TOO MUCH

Andy Kaufman is an unfunny hack. Tony Clifton was a funny guy and should have told Andy to fuck off.

>Retarded shit.
no actually you uncultured swine it was a revolutionary style of practical surrealist comedy

Wow. You guys watched the movie too?

It's good even though Jim's performance didn't fully capture Andy's real personality

This pic always reminds me of Phil Fish. What a faggot.

>Absurdism
kaufman has nothing to do with albert camus and existential angst/apathy/anomie. the word you're looking for is surrealist comedy

I know right? He literally stole all his skits from Jim Carrey in Man on the Moon

>another nihilistic tribesman "artist"
Instead of skill they just wank each other off with glorified pretension while plebs pretend to "get" so they can get their turn at smugly stroking their fedoras at others. Then you have frauds painting pictures of campbells soup and sticking spaghetti O's up their cunt calling that art. Debase the meaning of art to nothing so you can compete in the eyes of the public and be compared to genius leagues beyond your brainlets. Not even an art purist it's just that people should admit when they're out of ideas and huffing the fumes of their own shit.

There wasn't any. He was in some gay documentary about pretentious game devs, got a bit of fame, turned out to be a total cunt, rage quit the industry like the autistic baby he is.

I heard he's a DJ now. A bad one.

Original Samuel Hydinõ.

>kaufman

Andy Kauffman was actually funny.

the Sam Hyde of the television era down to a tee, he was even a hard-out misogynist and maintained that women weren't funny, which is true

i appreciate what he was doing but he was extremely obnoxious and had a punchable face. he wasn't charming like Jim Carey or Sacha Baron Cohen

kill yourself

>I Love Lucy
>Twilight Zone

>Latka says something
>crowd goes fucking ballistic
Every. Fucking. Time.

I Love Lucy's actually good? I've never watched it.