What do you think is more shameless and damaging: Hollywood film/pop culture, or the East Asian waifu industry?

What do you think is more shameless and damaging: Hollywood film/pop culture, or the East Asian waifu industry?

Do you think there are an Asian equivalent of weebs obsessed with American media and Hollywood waifus, the way that our weebs obsess over theirs?

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/412714/young-japanese-have-terrible-computer-skills-no-really/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I suppose I ask because as hackneyed and lame as Hollywood output is, it doesn't seem so engineered as Asian media is to just outright addict people into being literal worshipers of its product. The Silicon Valley / tech seems more into trying to addict people but Hollywood is more just about churning out new shit.

how much of a beta incel do you have to be to start a thread like this?

Hollywood is finitely more far reaching, powerful and influential. The Japanese idol industry is fucking weird, but it's Japanese and only Japanese. Hollywood is global.

Like that series Welcome to the NHK had a point in how it suggested anime and idol shit is really pernicious, trying to just wire you into being some loser otaku slug. Western media isn't a good influence but it's also more disposable and 'turn off your brain'. Japanese and Korean media seems to be designed to turn you into some kind of cultist almost.

I don't live that kind of lifestyle, but I can see how Asian media seems to actively seek to turn people into that. Like I marvel at the kpop threads on Sup Forums. The guys in those threads are nuts. They seem to have no self-awareness. I can appreciate some of the girls as one-off fap material, but these guys seem to literally worship and admire these dumb pop stars and are content to post their pictures ALL DAY.

Well, compare it to western nerd culture worship. You know that picture of the millennial-looking nerd culture couple surrounded by fucking porg toys? There's certainly a difference between the two, in that I think Hollywood creates more and more to shift slavish devotion from one thing to another, keep you one your toes with another shiny thing, rabid consumerism its goal, while Japan cultivates devotion. The end result, though, I feel is pretty similar.

>waifu
her face looks like a pig. what the fuck

Hollywood way: outwardly good seeming, poisonous under the surface

Asian way: outwardly toxic, people get to act normal and live their lives as long as they keep it on the down-low out of public sight

Leaning towards Asian to be honest, despite how fucking weird and ultimately fucked up waifu/purity idealism is.

THREAD HIJACK:

I'm really curious as how BR2049 will do in Japan and how it will be received (if at all) by otakus. It opens next Friday over there.

Hollywood affects way more people, though.

Sorry, meant leaning towards the Asian way being the better of the two, not worse

I genuinely find niggers more attractive than east asian. I can't think about sex while watching them.

The closest we have to idolfags is Applefags. So in that regard Asia is winning

They'll probably find it amusing that muricans dream that is the future when they can just step outside and live in it

>Asian way: outwardly toxic, people get to act normal and live their lives as long as they keep it on the down-low out of public sight

There's just as much gossip about scandals and secret awfulness about kpop stars, though. There even seems to be a greater emphasis on being outwardly good seeming.

You're broken, time to end it, son

there certainly is nothing sexier than woman who've had their mandibles surgically removed

and btw what is with Asians thinking not having a fucking nose is the pinnacle of beauty

qz.com/412714/young-japanese-have-terrible-computer-skills-no-really/

get a load of this pleb

>Do you think there are an Asian equivalent of weebs obsessed with American media and Hollywood waifus

This already exists. US celebrities would often go do commercials in Japan for lots of money due to japs obsessing over hollywood. Just look them up on youtube.

I think Hollywood is more damaging in that they pretend it's real, but Korean and Jap groups are more shameless. They have a revolving door of girl/boy groups and it's part of the culture. The idolfags are degenerates for sure, but at least they're honest about it.

pigfu :3

>the East Asian waifu industry

When the Chinese Justin Bieber announced that he had a girlfriend, his fangirls went so nuts that Weibo crashed.

nice reddit buzzword, tourist