Best live-action anime or manga adaptation to date. What is it?

Best live-action anime or manga adaptation to date. What is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GyTZ92Rx5Bs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Shin Godzilla
>anime adaptation

To answer your question: Speed Racer

Of those probably ruroni kenshin

Not limited to the OP pic. Anything related you can think of is fair game. For example, Edge of Tomorrow.

I thought solanin was pretty good

genuinely this

Shit also the original GTO—that's actually GOAT

This.

But I am also a fan of Death Note. Live action Japanese TV series was the best version... and the Netflix film was a top tier supernatural thriller that was only let down by comparison.

BASED

>Edge of Tomorrow

>Netflix Death Note

For real. The worst thing they could have done was a faithful adaptation. America is not Japan. American Light is not Japanese Light. Black L is not Japanese L.

It would have been improved by having it's own franchise, but if that's the only way to get that GENRE over here, then good. The genre being 'dueling geniuses and they both cheat'. Death Note the anime is the best example, the live action Japanese series was the best version, and there are not many easy examples apart from that. Hannibal is one. Rick & Morty tries it but that's not it's strong point. Fringe did it well when it did it.

>they made a casshern sins live action movie

what the fuck, how come ive never heard of this before?

Will Jar Jar let us down again?

Even when not compared to the source material Netflix's Death Note is bad

You're right. Americans hate badass main characters; better to make him a beta of the lowest magnitude. That'll make Americans like him.

>Americans hate badass main characters
t. CNN

Jurassic World was the best blockbuster in 10 years come at me, faggots

I can't believe there are people with taste this bad.

why would you bother replying without posting what you think is the best? Pacific Rim is a close second to JW, which wasn't a bad "anime" adaptation either

>shin godzilla
>anime/manga
nani?

it was pretty much a live action evangelion

>>anime adaptation
>>Shin Godzilla

I'd say it's more about the kind of justice they're imposing, and the kind of character that the different audiences would find more sympathetic doing it.

The need to tell the story quickly was another change.

Also - Light did actually outsmart Stacy (or whoever) in the end. He didn't outsmart L first time around, but he actually DID WIN AGAINST THE CHICK. She got the drop on him because he trusted her. Then he didn't and he wins. Why does user not like this guy? He's woke.

Maybe if you are retarded. It had some audiovisual similarities but the core story and themes are completely different.

K I N O

the rurouni kenshin movies were pretty damn based, I dont know what it was about them but they handled being faithful and being good on their own so well

jackie chan's city hunter was pretty good too, even if ti was only 50% faithful

netflix death note was top tier comedy

In the first place, Eva is an anime Ultraman.

It's Operation Yashima stretched out into a feature length film with Godzilla in place of the angel and political satire in place of the personal drama. Plus a healthy dose of Godzilla '54.

and it's pure beauty. It's easily the best godzilla film since the original and might even surpass it.

I unironically loved Tokyo Tribe.

>it's edited the same as a previous project of the director's, but with completely different subjects and themes
thats his point

The Rurouni Kenshin film trilogy was and will probably remain to be the greatest realized live action adaptation of an anime/manga. It had a high budget (for Japanese), faithful direction, amazing choreography, and an actor who was practically born for the role (looks and sounds the part and even did all of his own stunts including all the flips and wall-running which you can see if you watch the blu-ray extras).

Other noteworthy live action adaptations include both iterations of GTO. The first iteration was better done with amazing chemistry between the actor who played Onizuka and the actress who played Fuyutsuki (they got married after filming and are still married to this day), but the second iteration had the better actor for Onizuka (looks exactly like him) and a higher production value.

>likes Speed Racer
>likes Netflix Death Note
Is this shittaste incarnate?

I started rewatching the anime but apprently they didnt adapt the final arc, does the trilogy do that final arc by the last movie?

Why don't you share with the class your idea of a good anime adaptation?

If you're referring to Rurouni Kenshin, the third act of the film trilogy covers the Kyoto arc of the series, not the actual series ending nor the OVA ending.

Thanks. I rememebr everyone saying that the anime for some reason didnt cover kyoto arc and was wondering if the movie did
>OVA ending
everyone also said to avoid that one for some reason so im fine if the movie doesnt do that

>mfw nobody has mentioned initial d

The Japanese TV series. Not nearly as good as the series, visually looking like a low-budget television series, which it was, but preserved the style of the anime, while changing the story enough so that it was in the end mostly a new story, though retaining many familiar elements. I can't even say Old Boy because that's not based on an anime. I actually looked for other adaptions, and it's a bunch of adaptions I've seen and know are shit, or ones I haven't seen, but look like shit.

The reason why people say to avoid the OVA ending is because it's a giant "fuck you" to the series as well as to fans of the series in that it implements plot device in the form of an illess which Kenshin contracts from constantly overexerting himself (which magically gets passed on to Kaoru as an STD), and it ends up taking his life after he's accomplished said life's goals. It was ultimately very sad and utterly the stuff of angst as far as endings go, and the author himself (the mangaka and creator of the series, that is) went on record condemning it, saying that Kenshin deserved better after everything he's been through.

More than edited the same. It's a loose adaptation of the sixth episode.

TV series of Death Note, I meant to say.

The Tokyo Ghoul(Autism) movie that just came out is unironically pretty good. A much better adaptation than the anime and an alright movie on it's own

>he thinks this garbage is better than Kino Racer

>he thinks this shit is better than anything

kino
youtube.com/watch?v=GyTZ92Rx5Bs

To its credit, however, that OVA had 3 extremely well choreographed fight scenes and beautiful soundtrack with particularly noteworthy pieces such as "One More Red Nightmare" and "And You and I".

If you actually think this looks worse than the Death Note TV show, you need to kys FUCKING NOW

Nobunaga concerto

Guyver Dark Hero

Hands down

Lady Snowblood
Lone Wolf & Cub
Oldboy
Midnight Diner
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky
Blue Spring
Female Prisoner Scorpion
Our Little Sister
Little Forest
Princess Jellyfish
Bunny Drop

Most adaptations are essentially Japanese capeshit.

Forgot my pic

Tokyo Tribe

Is the Parasyte guy even asian?

Are you genuinely retarded?

Go away David.

>Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade (2018)
>Director: Jee-woon Kim (I Saw the Devil, A Bittersweet Life, The Good the Bad the Weird)

Not sure how to feel about this.

vaguely similar events shot the same way, that's all. anno certainly drew from his experience with eva when creating the look of the film, but then again eva was drawn heavily from his love of kaiju film in the first place.

Name a more accurate anime to live action adaptation

Absolute garbage on every level.

Red Spectacles will still be the superior live action Kerberos film either way

That's hard to say. Obviously, far more craft was put into each minute for Speed Racer than for Death Note. It's a fucking movie and had a $120 million budget. On the other hand, it's like the equivalent of having an epileptic attack while watching Barney, because that's how visually chaotic and narratively idiotic it is respectively, which brings me to the point that it succeeds in having a story that isn't total garbage, ruining what impact that it might have by being "camp" and self-ware, but not self-ware of how bad it is. I would say the movie as a whole is very unique, but because few other films would waste so many resources to come up with something so unappealing.

did anyone see this?

Hentai Kamen is objectively the best

i liked the other movie, hyped to see this

I'm anxiously waiting for this one
youtube.com/watch?v=-M2F4-oTNF4
>Novemer 3rd

Is this that anime where there was an explosion and then nothing happened

>the state of cinema

No Anno no deal. I was pleasantly surprised by the first one.

bump

Is Tekashi Mmike good or does he just makes flicks.

Both. He does schlock and art. His anime adaptations are usually the schlock.