Yeah let's destroy our bodies via timetravel and unhealthy life style just to buy few stocks

>yeah let's destroy our bodies via timetravel and unhealthy life style just to buy few stocks
>not sending messages to their past and avoid the 15min delay all together
>not cloning valuable items by sending it to the past
>not using it to vastly shorten the duration of any
procedure that takes years and make profit from it
How's this movie supposed to be genius again?
also
>not cloning their passports

DUDE 2deep4u lmao

what would happen if

> send hundred dollar bill back in time
>get that hundred dollar bill, and send another that one and the original back in time
>Repeat, doubling hundred bills
>infinite money.

It's not a cloning machine.

I think it's pretty implied at the end of the movie that Shane's character is engineering a warehouse sized box for commercial use.

It kind of is though

They'd all have the same serial number and you'd be in trouble

any movie that uses time travel/paradoxes as a plot device is bound to be pretentious shit

It would be easier to clone gold, minerals or some technology, money is trickier to clone and more prone to get in trouble

Sure if you went to the bank with a stack of them. But if you're spending them at stores, one at a time, who's going to figure it out?

Yes

Cloning $100 bills so you can spend them one at a time to not get caught kinda seems small time...

Or drugs. Start with a tiny amount that grows exponentially. You could become the biggest kingpin with an unlimited supply and no one could figure out how you're getting your product shipped in.

I'd do dollar bills. Make it rain like a baller. Strippers don't check serial numbers I'm assuming.

There are no paradoxes tho, it clearly shows that it a mix of cloning and multiple timelines, their bodies are degrading but that's probably their brains being fried, cloning inorganic materials should be safer and better, also sending a message to the past is better than sending yourself, it would've been far more interesting if the main character checks the machine as if it was some kind of mail.

Eventually the money ends up at the bank, where the duplicate serial numbers will be flagged. Once that happens, they're on your tail, and eventually you will be caught.

But hey you're up $3200 so I guess that's fine.

Only if you get greedy. I'm just using my time machine so I can buy groceries, maybe a tank of gas, some pants.

>character uses life-, potentially world-altering techhnology/powers for incredibly mundane reasons
When does this happen, it's hilarious to me.

>Mfw I spend the last 10 minutes trying to find a meme of Jean Claude van Damme saying like matter cannot occupy like space
Fuck this thread I'm out

tbqh it's safe to make quality wine in short time, you buy them cheap and sell them in millions

The original 100 dollar bill would have to go back for you to have it in the past. You couldn't make indefinite copies of it any more than they could make indefinite copies of themselves.

>Not using it to make your own harem doujin
You're all doing it wrong

>invent time travel
>use it to get pants
instead of spending all that time and resources on a time machine you could just get a job and buy all the pants you want

Use your time machine however you want. Don't tell me how to use mine.

You know what's stupid? being genius enough to calculate how much oxygen and drug you need to sleep for 4days in the time machine and risk destroying your body but not sending a letter to the past and tell yourself you fucked up

yeah, but in the past, you have both the original that you sent through, and the original that comes back. You have to send the original through to get the one that comes back, but for a space of time, you have both. So why not send both through.

How about cloning the wife a multiple of times, or better, clone yourself too and have an orgy

It doesn't matter how many you have, because eventually you have to put all but one back into the machine and lose them forever for the trick to even work.

I don't think you understand the movie, you don't have to put things in the machine again, they did that so they can keep one copy of themselves, the original technically just disappears from the new timeline when he enters the time machine, failing to enter the time machine means both will persist, at the end of the movie you can see multiple clones of both character still going around and they'll never disappear, going back would create even more copies

ultimaAaron does leave a message near the end. they're not stupid, more like selfish and distrusting even of their past/alternate selves

given the multiple timelines, cloning things would not serve the cloner. whatever you put in the box would disappear and that's that, as some other version-x timeclone lives it up at your expense. the crux is that in order to reap a new timeline you have to ride along, and there will always be at least one other version of yourself already there

They were already using it to trade on the stock market, which is much easier logistically than dealing with individual paper bills and gold and shit. Stock market is digital and scales.