RWBY/RT General #1149: Return to Normalcy Edition

Previous Thread: Rules of RWBY/RT General:

>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/0181f2ba-3271-4634-87d6-d6672e9b35ce/index.m3u8

1080P Episode Archive: mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

He's gonna die

Not shota Ren edition

I just want to do some /ss/

RIP.

>Ren is going to die in today's episode
>/rwby/g's idea of a memorial?
>Ren as a trap
I'm not even surprised anymore

let's have one last Ren-palooza before he dies in 2 1/2 hours

He's dead just like his voice actor

w-what

Monty was Ren's original VA, his brother Neath is the current one.

I'd like to piss on Monty's grave.

I'm glad Ren is going to die

He's a shit character and worst boy

I hope he dies just like his creator, a bitch

fucking rude
ren is second best boy

me on the left

edgy

Neo's disguise ability is off the charts

Savage.

NO U

>The real reason Ren doesn't want to go to his hoetown, because the village is overrun by cats and he's deathly allergic to them

Ren's leg looks like jello

Would you fuck him?

>Nora is Sheena

It's what Monty would've wanted

why do people think he's going to die???

Prodman pls go be irrelevantsomewhere else

flashbacks before death are a common way for audiences to feel sad when a character dies.

obviously

Because he's had a couple of minor death flags in the last few episodes and this latest preview has shown us its a flashback episode. And in anime flashbacks are major death flags.

1) All of JNPR is going to die.
2) Nora and Ren are barely characters in the show, they serve no purpose to the plot.
3) Ren is getting plot development this episode to make people emotionally invested for when he dies.
4) Killing a character is great at developing other characters and it's the only way RT knows how to do it.
5) Because we're all horrible people and enjoy joking about horrible things because it makes us feel better about ourselves.

>Ren dies this episode
>NoraxJaune is canon next episode

What was NoraxJaune name? Can someone get me the shipping chart?

>character has barely any lines, development or backstory for the whole show
>suddenly get bombarded with it
>die soon after
It's TWD style of writing

Normandy, I think.

What if Ren gets rekt by the legendary super grimm but survives with 1HP because avoiding death flags is his semblance?

Then Nora is going to die.

Nora's Arc I think.

What if its an electric type grimm and only makes Nora stronger?

H-hey user, d-do you wanna become a nudist with me?

Ren then attempts to commit suicide, but his semblance doesn't allow him to.

then JNPR wins lol

Being Ren is suffering

I don't want Ren to die. I don't think my heart could take Nora crying.

>Nora is strangling to death
>just as she is about to die electrons in her eyes start firing
>Nora then gains strength and doesn't die

The pain will make you stronger, user.

>tfw browse RWBYg during downtime at work so I'll have all day to deal with Ren's death when some user confirms it

>they'll die together

Of all the semblances in the world. I bet there's a resurrection one.

The only way that kind of pottery could happen is if Nora found a cat Faunus child and adopted it, causing Ren to have an allergic reaction and die from shock. Any drawfags reading this can kindly jump in an icy river if I see this even sketched.

Ren and Nora's deaths will probably be the stupidest thing ever. No buildup, no logical reason whatsoever, and we haven't really seen much of them to feel bad about it, just confused. Clearly just an excuse to give Jaune the last push towards darkness.

but only if they make it out of clay?

Well yeah, gotta develop Jaune while Ruby forever stays a clueless retard

>No buildup
>What was the whole volume

>No logical reason
>Waste of screentime which could be used for RWBY

Has there ever been an actual reason why people die? Some guy got run over by a truck. Some person slip on soap and fell on his head. I see no buildup there. Heck, the creator died from allergy shots gone wrong. No logical reason. Just really confusing and unfortunate.

I would honestly be impressed if RWBYg had a legit sculptor among the creative anons.

But majority of main protagonists of media, especially anime and cartoons have very static protagonists.

Nothing wring with Ruby staying the simple soul she's meant to be.

...Define legit?

then it wouldn't be that kind of pottery then would it

>What was the whole volume
Yes, what was it. Certainly not ren and nora character building.

By buildup I mean some kind of Foreshadowing, even some stupid symbolic shit. And if you're going to kill off two characters for drama reasons you should at least give them some development.

5 protagonists and they all developed as people

Someone responding with clay or other material sculpted RWBY characters? Bonus points if they could make a Pyrrha from charcoal

But what if they don't want to kill them off for drama but just want to kill them off?

Shit happens.

Death flags ARE foreshadowing for anyone who isn't retarded.

Now I'm upset for different reasons.

>8000x5000
muh aussie internet can't handle this shit

Static characters are boring and don't really fit in a "darker, edgier" setting that RWBY is trying to become.

>But majority of main protagonists of media, especially anime and cartoons have very static protagonists.
Being popular doesn't make it good
>Nothing wring with Ruby staying the simple soul she's meant to be.
This would be true if she ever had any character or plot relevance.

WOW. One example out of thousands.

Not impressed, son.

It's even a bad example.

>It's even a bad example.

Then it leaves the viewers confused and probably angry,

Only us autists know what Death flags are. People with low powerlevel probably don't notice them.

>What is being silver eyes
>What is having a stupid amount of plot armor and convenience
The story already revolves around Ruby to the point where WBY's story's don't mean shit for the main plot.

>2MB
>Too much
My condolences

>But what if they don't want to kill them off for drama but just want to kill them off?
That's bad writing, they shouldn't have written them in the first place if they didn't have a reason to.

It does, but it's so forced and unfitting it becomes forgettable.

The real reason Ren and Nora even exist is just to fill in JNPR. and JNPR only exists for the shockvalue of having someone die.

Now that JNPR has done it's job they can all disappear from the plot.

>What is being silver eyes
Nothing until the writers decide it is something.
>The story already revolves around Ruby
The story doesn't revolve around anybody, It has zero direction.

muh aussie internet seems to go to shit when loading images on Sup Forums, but a twitch stream at 4k? loads perfectly fine

>Dude only started liking his stalker after he noticed she was physically attractive

True love right there

Except Jaune won't die because we need someone to keep taking screentime which could've been used to develop other characters.

Hiroshimoot sold half of the servers to hotwheels.

The difference between reality and fiction is that fiction has to make sense.

>The real reason Ren and Nora even exist is just to fill in JNPR. and JNPR only exists for the shockvalue of having someone die.
Which again, is bad writing. Writing a story for the audience's reaction is idiotic.

is it because we told the whaling boats to fuck off out of our territorial waters again

Writers should avoid coincidences as much as possible, since they kill tension and make the story seem half-assed.

There's a difference between dealing with shit and coming out with your ideals intact, and Ruby who, even though shit has happened to her, hasn't emotionaly dealt with any of it.

>Death flags ARE foreshadowing for anyone who isn't retarded.
Not always.

Honestly, some deathfalgs are so meta that rather than genuine foreshadowing, they're a wink at the audience.

Like, Nora and Ren separating from JR because of Ren's issues is both foreshadowing and a deathflag.

Meanwhile, Ren having childhood flashbacks is a deathflag but not really foreshadowing, because its a meta deathflag.

It also sets a new tone to the show, and the potential for major character development.

so thats like 2 hours to new episode?

It's the same time every week, how have you not figured it out yet?

Maybe he's still working on Daylight Savings Time.

Man, I just want to kidnap him and raise him as a girl.

WoR or episode for today?

See.

>That ice cream
Emerald getting cucked is my new ship

I'm gonna just leave this right here...

Oh thanks

One and a half mr. slow trip man.

>and the potential for major character development.
Which they already have tons of.

What are these?

Shouldn't you be finishing up the episode last minute, Miles?