Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89126814/

Other urls found in this thread:

mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/compsizes.xhtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last thread:

-Talked more about Golden Girl
-More about Bees Knees
-The Pineapple Cake origins
-Rage Racer was brought up

Really, not much happened last thread and it died much sooner than usual.

Second for cold weather

Venus is best girl.

I was digging through some old folders from 2011 and found this.

I don't think she's Sup Forumslette, but I'm not entirely sure.

Looks like two ponytails to me.

It's the lack of that white stripe in her hair that throws me off.

Then again, I think there are some pics of kid Sup Forumslette with Casey where she lacked the stripe and Casey had long dark hair, so maybe something in the past happened to change their hair like that.

Have a new character.

The kind of character you talentless NEETs deserve.

Thinking of doing some stat-card kinds of things with names, powersets, art, a short description, and a chart for easily referencing characters. Here's a first draft, what do you think a good chart would need?

On second thought, I might switch Cognition and Acuity.

I for one think Shotgun-For-A-Dick Man is a fine upstanding fellow and we could use more men like him around here.

Very /tg/. Got any samples of how you'd apply it to characters? Like, say, Chaptor?

I've playing around with this site to figure out GG character heights, since Golden Guardian's the only one with a concrete height.

mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/compsizes.xhtml

I think these numbers look about right.

Say "4" is equivalent to a person at about average, it'd go:
0: Completely incapable. Could be something nonsentient in intelligence categories, or something unable to move at all in mobility.
1: Severely disadvantaged.
2: Weak.
3: Below average.
4: Average human.
5: Above average.
6: Gifted or well trained.
7: Extraordinary.
8: Beyond natural human ability.
9: Peak ability.
10: At or above the scope of classification.

Power is the degree to which the individual can exert force, emit energy, or affect other physical changes.
Stamina is the degree to which the individual can maintain exertion in a single instance.
Speed is self explanatory, but can be measured against flight, foot, or other means of transportation separately.
Agility is how well the individual is able to maneuver while moving or begin moving from a standing position.
Precision is the individual's capability for performing actions deftly.
Reflex is how quickly the individual reacts.
Acuity is how able the individual is to process information.
Cognition is how well the individual gathers and references information.
Technique is the individual's control over their movements and their powers.
Protection is the individual's ability to prevent injury.
Durability is the individual's ability to withstand injuries they've received.
Endurance is how long the individual can persevere through difficult situations.

Considering the nature of many of these will be two-fold, one for the individual's physical capabilities and one for their powers, I figured overlapping graphs could do well to portray it. I hit Random on the wiki, and so here's a mockup of what Anastasia Wright's chart might look like, the inner being her natural capability and the outer being the measure of her powers.

Nice header pic. Rage Racer is mad

I feel like that might put the threshold for measuring superpowers a bit too narrow. Maybe drop "Gifted" to 5, "Extraordinary" to 6, and start Superhuman at 7.

This week's new character spotlight is on Sentai a Go-Go. He debuted last week. I'd like to hear more about him.

What is this thread and what goes on in it?

Yeah I agree with the other guy, I think you're starting the superpowered segment too late for a chart with this many degrees of separation. Look how many areas Anastasia is near peak in, and she's not even close to being a headliner.

Honestly I probably would put Peak Human at 5.

He seems like he runs like a ninja. Kind of reminds me of Hurricane Polymar

Communal character building, world building, and story telling for a shared universe. Posters contribute ideas for character prompts or development, story plotlines, art, etc. in a loosely established setting.

Who?

Ah, perfect thread for me then; I have some good ideas I want to turn into a comic, but just lack the proper drawing skill and supplies to do.

How do you guys feel about a stillborn or aborted fetus being saved through healing magics, gaining similar healing powers in the process?

Am I doing this right?

Anime character with a similar suit who for some reason was able to turn into machines, like a car with a drill on it and planes and stuff

Alright, restructured. An obvious solution is just "add another tier", which will be the sole domain of "too stronk to measure".
0: Completely Incapable.
1: Disadvantaged.
2: Below average.
3: Average human.
4: Above average.
5: Gifted.
6: Extraordinary Human or Superhuman.
7: Beyond natural human ability.
8: Superior ability.
9: Supreme ability.
10: Peak ability.
11: Above the scope of classification.

My main concern was trying to appropriately weight it so that people wouldn't be so inclined to jam ridiculous numbers in the Intelligence category, since that's one of the problems with Marvel character rankings where everyone is Genius level intellect.

Is the plan for it to be a fetus during the stories about it?

I'd probably give the tiers more flavorful names, stuff like "Cosmic" and what not, and I'd probably avoid using "peak" because when cape readers see "peak" they think "peak human," but yeah this is better. Could be a fun little project and add some flavor to the wiki.

Shit that sounds cool. I see Sentai a Go-Go as a very eccentric super strength power ranger.

Is Rage Racers speed based on his anger levels?

Anything worthy of being called "cosmic" is going to be on 11, but I wouldn't go with Cosmic specifically for it so as not to preclude things like the Demon Kings.

I'll admit 8-10 aren't ideal, so suggestions are open.

He's an Exemplar, so he's subconsciously accessing a store of built up energy whenever he's enraged. Because the nature of his power is reliant on becoming attuned with his stored energy, you could assume the angrier he is, the wider the "channel" the power comes through. It's probably not a 1:1 thing, meaning he has some control over how fast he's going even when he has access to more speed, but his potential for speed would be higher the angrier he is.

>he has some control over how fast he's going even when he has access to more speed, but his potential for speed would be higher the angrier he is.

Of course, there's a good chance he pretty much always goes his maximum possible speed, because he'd be too pissed off to restrain himself.

We did have classification for different hero types at one point since they can't be compared all that well to each other.

I'd have to do some serious archive diving to find that.

Yeah, no, that archive diving would take too fucking long.

I did remember this exists and is basically the gist of it.

Though Skull King would be in the cosmic group, not the magic group.

And it also becomes less effective when you take into consideration that you can't apply a scale meant for humans to things that are not human like demons and aliens.

Good old Magic/Meta/Tech

The Elder Gods that ravaged the Evilverse would be Cosmic too, I imagine.

I was thinking an easy breakdown would be a class of symbols for:
>Physical
>Magical
>Energy
>Technological
>Psychic
>Possibly Elemental?

I was thinking that it might be good to have Categories and Sub Categories for this too though, like Categories for power "sources" and Sub Categories for power "output". So you'd have a character like Rage Racer whose Source is classified as Magic, but his Output is Physical, which makes for an unusual combination.

To my mind, the broad type triangle works as a main classification, while things like Elemental, Psychic, Energy or the like would be subtypes.

EX Harpoonist or Belle would be a Meta character with Elemental abilities, while that water golem would be a Magic character with Elemental abilities, and a guy with a firehose suit would be a Tech character with Elemental abilities.

That's pretty awesome. Like a power Ranger who is his own zord

On the cosmic scale, those horrors would be on the very bottom end since they are stuck to one timeline in one universe.

Lesser Sup Forumssmic Ones would be more in the middle of the scale and greater Sup Forumssmic ones are at the higher end of the scale. The higher you go on cosmic, the closer to meta you get with The Archivist being at the highest point on the scale.
Though the meta aspect isn't a hard rule for them.

I think it's implied that they're intruders from elsewhere, so they might not strictly be stuck to one timeline or universe. But the fact that it's possible for the mortals to dunk on them implies that they're certainly not top tier.

I'll get to the symbols later, but I'm thinking something like:>Sources
>Innate
The powers are part of the user's body and don't rely on anything external.
Examples: Stretcherous, Bombastic.
>Energy
The powers produce or manipulate energy.
Examples: Rime, Motion.
>Magical
The powers rely on mystic forces.
Examples: Erin, Voodini.
>Psychic
The powers are a mental exertion.
Examples: Whisper, Captain Stocking Arms.
>Technological
The powers come from equipment.
Examples: Trinkets, Calor.

>Outputs
>Physical
Fairly obvious.
Examples: Motion, Stretcherous.
>Mental
Capable of influencing the minds of others.
Examples: Whisper, Voodini.
>Elemental
Producing or controlling otherwise natural forces.
Examples: Calor, Rime.
>Blast
Usually the place where you'd put ambiguous bolts of energy.
Examples: Bombastic, Captain Stocking Arms.
>Mystical
Capable of affecting the nature of reality, such as opening portals between worlds.
Examples: Erin, Trinkets.

Part of the idea with would be that you could have multiple Sources or Outputs on the same character, so it more accurately reflects how they function. For instance, Captain Stocking Arms is Psychic sourced, with Physical, Mental, and Blast outputs. It does lose out on the Advantage triangle aspect to things, but I don't consider that to really be a huge loss. It works well as a game theory kind of thing, but I don't think it necessarily has a place in this kind of setting.

They're from that void between planes of existence.

Sort of like super distant cousins to Hank.

No.

Much bigger, much scarier cousins.

And much easier to kill apparently.

I think the main difference is other nexus (I think that's what the void is called) creatures like Hank and that judge decided to play ball with this universe's laws of physics and so they became demons while the others remained stuck in a constant battle with reality.

>And much easier to kill apparently.
Not necessarily. Nothing's tried to kill Hank, as far as I'm aware. For all we know a stiff wind could do him in.

I was going to avoid the zord/giant robot thing for him. He's dressed like a power Ranger but acts more like the great sayiaman from dbz.

Any drawfags want give this guy and official look?

Here you go, took me 10 hours.

I just assumed he was super hard to kill, why else would a previous Crimson King bother binding him with a golden chain if he couldn't kill him?

Well, he's way too useful to kill, and he has knowledge of how to do interdimensional relocation. Even if Red could kill him, the sensible thing to do is to bind him, otherwise he'd lose Hank's services one way or another.

I actually could get behind this being Sentai a Go-Gos design despite the filename insult

Oh, well now the plot thickens.

Or Evilverse Casey is just a massive troll.

Should I look through the wiki seen in the link above before I start making suggestions, or can I just go on ahead and work on something?

What about a superhero who routinely throws himself into danger. Like he's secretly got powers and is never really in trouble, but instead of using his powers for good he uses them to fuck around with people most of the time.

Can I give this thing? Made it awhile ago.

Then he wouldn't be much of a superhero, now would he? Still an interesting idea; perhaps give him near perfect durability, being able to tank nuclear fire and black holes with ease.

What is this thing, Bionic Bird? The White Flight? Robo Robin? Floaty Finch? Mecha Mockingbird? Cybird?

Just a really smart Cockatoo with a human body.

But the robotic gloves and feet give it a robotic impression. And I really like the name Cybird. Cyckatoo might work as well.

I say Cybird works

Great, glad to be of help.

Help me think of a name for this guy aswell please. Using him for a comic I'm making.

He has a name in the upper left corner. If you need another, I might have some ideas. The Avian could work, though I'm not sure how well.

Honestly, I'm better with concepts then names.

Mind if I ask what the comic is about? Also, what are you using to draw the images?

Can someone give me the low down on the guy in the picture? Looks upset at something.

That would be Rage Racer, I think.

Click the wiki link in the OP and search for Rage Racer.

Browse the wiki a bit, yeah. If you see any character you like, just try to drum up some conversation about them.

Time to see if the thread makes it through the night.

We can hope...

What might Evilverse Rage Racer be like? What's the likelihood he's an actual mage instead of an Exemplar?

He could be a speedster with just a different emotional impetus.

Hope Hustler

I like this design. Who's he a villain for? I'd like to see the Sentai go after him.

He might still be called Rage Racer, just with different things that make him mad.

Or not.

The Evilverse keeps us on our toes about who is still in the game and if they're powers are the same or inverted or just different.

Is Rage Racer fast enough to fuck with time? Would he?

How did Sentai a Go-Go get his powers? Villains? Backstory?

At a guess, I'm going to say "no". Willful time travel, similar to flight and teleportation, is something that's been limited in the Sup Forumsverse. There are a few powers that cause more trouble than they're worth and it's good to keep a lid on them.

Maybe a character that's always chill?

I'm not sure how that could relate to speed, or what kind of power that could fit, either...

I had people draw them, but the comic is just about a group of 5 individuals saving the planet and shit.

Yeah, I don't think we're doing anything with "if you move fast enough, you can go backwards in time" in this setting.

Time travel and super speed are different powers here.

Joy Jogger.

I'm ok with this

Was Millennial Man discussed anymore in the last thread?

Who was he again?

Mr. Mellow already has that position filled. I think his Evilverse counterpart might be even more chill.

Let me look for a pic hold on

Here you go, took me 1000 days.

Like a less-explosive version of Cannonball. Maybe his powers are built around adrenaline, the more excited he feels the more invincible he becomes. Hence why he throws himself into danger

Love it

Now does Rage Racer generate fire/heat?

Either through friction, metabolism, magic, or all of the above.

Sounds like a great idea!

The more I think about it, he would make a pretty great sidekick to Rage Racer. He constantly uses his powers to fuck around with RR making him even angrier and therefore more dangerous which in return makes him even more invincible.

Blood pressure.

>I think his Evilverse counterpart might be even more chill.

Maybe he has a chill aura that makes everyone inside unable to do jack shit?

Mainverse Mr. Mellow uses a gas to do it.

Well maybe chill is the wrong direction for evilverse RR since it seems Mr.Mellow covers chill pretty well. Maybe go sad or reverse in anger (super passive aggressiveness rather than blood boiling rage)

Either that, or do just straight up invert their dynamic.