How come Jerry and Elaine were so anti-smoking, anti-cigarettes, yet smoked cigars?

How come Jerry and Elaine were so anti-smoking, anti-cigarettes, yet smoked cigars?
I have noticed this in a lot of american shows, a character is a non smoker, hates smokers, yet enjoys a cigar once in a while. Why? Is this a cultural thing that cigarettes are seen as vile and repulsive, while cigars somehow get a pass?

Unless you're a banker or an army general, smoking a cigar is seen as more of a celebratory indulgence.

90s went though a cigar craze.

jery get blunt

literally kikes

Cigars are less harmful than cigarettes. Note the comparative before greentexting, pl0x

>cigars aren't harmful

>cigars aren't harmful
Kys yourself dude

nobody said that faggot
they are less harmful and you also don't chain smoke them like a useless white trash faggot (i.e. you) fucking kys

>cigars are healthy for you

>cigars cure cancer

>don't chain smoke them like a useless white trash faggot
Nigger detected. Get out of here you filthy nigger.

A better question as to whether or not it's stupid how some shows show people sometimes smoking cigars that otherwise never, ever do it, and wheter that's realistic or contrived, because to me it seems contrived.

>cigars grant immortality

I totally get that typically people who smoke cigars do so far less frequently than cigarettes, and thus cigars appear more healthy by comparison, however, they smell like absolute shiet. Maybe they just trained their sense of smell to differentiate between cigarettes and cigars, and maybe they encounter cigar smell less frequently and thus have not developed the same hatred as with cigarettes, however, again, they smell like absolute shite.

>shaddup idiot rreeeee
Piss off nerd, cigars are harmful too you fucking fuckhead

cigarettes are for poor people and smell disgusting. you really think someone with an ego the size of Jerry's is gonna smoke cigarettes?

smoking a cigar is pretty different, less of a sucking method

cigars smell way nastier than cigarettes r u kidding

E3 I worked with would always ask for cigar breaks, everyone fucking hated him

>cigars bring people back from the dead

What is repulsive is Elaine putting her shoes on the table. It is very disrespectful.

>Cigars are the one true way to the etarnal kingdom of god, where no pain, death or sorrow exists

Excellent

You fucked it