What are your most hyped comics of 2017?

What are your most hyped comics of 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/valiant/wiki/readingorder
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern_(comic_book)#Collections_with_multi-series_spans
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The one that bankrupts jewvel

All new all different All awesome Black Tatantula #1

continuation and the forever reign of Remender's Image domination
King's Sheriff of Babylon ramping up
whatever crazy shit DeForge is cooking up on his various platforms at the moment
return of Wildstorm led by Ellis
Young Animal growth
new MM&O published volume
the complete collapse of Marvel comics under the weight of a Bunn AND Spencer event in one calender year, a new line up of #1s after the universe shattering changes of Monsters and Nazi Cap, and zero artistic talent left to carry any of it past the crossovers and the headline grabs

and of course, any pleasant surprises along the way

I'm looking forward to a bunch of trades

Grass kings
Royal city
Underwinter
Aliens Dead Orbit for that Stokoe goodness
The visitor how and why he stayed for Mignola + Grist
The last Baltimore arc
Return of Head lopper
Return of Brian Wood's rebels

Going to be a good year

Hate to tell you, but Sherriff of Babylon is returning this year. They are gonna do some DC book and are working on the pilot for the live action show apparently.

Plus the HB Crossover annuals

Oh yea, I said RAMPING, not wrapping. I think King gave real depth to the characters and world, so I'm excited to see where it goes from where they are at already.

Other than One More Year, nothing in particular really. I liked a lot of what Oni, Aftershock, and Action Lab have put out this last year and hope they keep it up I guess.

I gave up on marvel and dc and started reading valiant comics a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying the small shared universe and recent reboot. Does anybody else have something like this?

The return of the AYYY-est book around

New Shaolin Cowboy

This along with Stokoe's Alien comic and the new Hellboy OGN

wait it's by IDW now? wasn't it a vertigo series before

None of them. I grew out of "being hyped" years ago and I recommend you to do the same.

Oh shit, when is this supposed to come out?

>Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt, Paolo Rivera
Woah, fuck. Are there 1 or 2 issues out? Is it good?

It was cancelled by Vertigo. Cornell had to wait till he got back all the rights to continue it,

April

the first 2 books I know are out,
Here is the reading order, I was able to find everything on read comic onlinereddit.com/r/valiant/wiki/readingorder

All I want is Nick Spencer to go back on Bedlam.

I wouldn't exactly say hype, but I have a list of upcoming books I'm interested in.
>Odyssey of the Amazons
>The Kamandi Challenge
>The Shadow/Batman
>RL Stine's Man-Thing
>Nick Fury
>Weapon X
>Royals
>Black Bolt
>KISS: The Demon
>The Old Guard
>The Spirit: The Corpse Makers
>Vampirella
>The Greatest Adventure

Not including anything that already has an issue out, of course. I'm also looking forward to the new Kamandi omni and Marvel Monster omnis.

This is never happening, he also had like 3 announced image projects that are completely dead in the water

>Young Animal growth
If only...the four titles are selling too low for us to see a new one...

Cornell's been dragging his ass all over social media like a retard, but this book was so damn good I think I can overlook that.

Are they reprinting the first two arcs? Reimagining away from the original and starting fresh?

An user can dream

JLA
Inevitable JSA book
Shazam, if it ever happens.
Odinson solo.

everything Ewing is gonna be doing

everything else is either 'wait and see' or in the bendis dumpster

JSA

please DC I've been good this year

It's a direct continuation, picking up right where the last volume left off, with Alvarez being the president now.

This, hype has always been cancer

Well guess I have to reread it soon.

Shit I was about to dump the issues in my "sell" pile too.

Super shotas!

Okay one thing I don't get. If the rights have reverted, why change the name?

The inevitable third KFC crossover comic.

Saucer State now that I know it exists.
Green Lantern, just because things are looking good right now.
The Visitor.
Baltimore.
TMNT
Invincible.
Lemires indie books.

Hoping that Tom Scioli gets a New Gods/Fourth World book to write.

New Graham, Fiffe, Stokoe, DeForge, Noah Van Sciver

Never heard of this before but looks neat. I want to read it.

Fuck off, piece of shit shill.

>following artists/writers on social media

Thats a losing battle user, most make daily posts or they share things directly related to their political beliefs with only 1% of their posts being actual stuff.

My Little Pony: Friends Forever

The return of Superbro.

And also this costume.

What the fuck?

They're slowly making it more and more like the classic costume. UNDERPANTS SOON.

>Return of Brian Wood's rebels

Is this actually happening?

Why the fuck did he ever stop it?

Is he going to tell the whole fucking story or is it going to be different characters?

This drawn by Darrow?

I know this is probably not the place but are there any good cape titles at the moment?

Marvel or DC doesn't matter but I'd appreciate suggestions.

Superman Reborn
Super Sons
JSA
Shazam
That 12 issue secret thing Tom King is cooking up with Mitch Gerards for DC
Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo's Bat-centric DC event (come at me fags)
Scott Snyder's upcoming All-Star Batman arc with Sean Gordon Murphy
Superman: Agent of Batman (American Alien sequel)
Secret Empire (if it's not drawn by Cassaday like the poster)
The Kamandi Challenge
The Shadow/Batman
The Old Guard

I would have said Mark Millar's definitive Superman story but it's not coming this year

Pretty much all capeshit and I don't regret a thing

Is Rise of the Seven Seas happening this year? Is it happening AT ALL?

The (probably) upcoming Legion of Super Heroes event and/or ongoing/mini plus the various reboot era trades they are releasing this spring. I'm just hoping they'll be treated well this time around.

Yeah, I forgot to put Valiant on the pic. My bad.

it's so beautiful

There's a Legion Lost re-release too that's scheduled for June. I'm stoked as hell.

Okay a few questions. I'm probably spending money on all of this because fuck yeah the Legion and I want more than the Great Darkness Saga and that other hardcover on my shelf for the classic days.

But:

1. Legionnaires collects a seemingly odd assortment of issues. Legion of Super Heroes 62-68 and Legionnaires 19-24. Is this the beginning of the Reboot era, or the beginning of Waid's run? Was i the Five Years Later material for the beginning of each volume?

2. In what order do I read Legion of Super Heroes Silver Age Omnibus and Superboy and the Legion of Super heroes?

3. Superboy and the Legion of Super Heroes is marked as v1. So it doesn't cover all the stories where the Legion were more side characters to Clarks adventures. Roughly how many volumes of this series could come out? Are they all before the Legion Silver age series or.... yeah how does that work?

1. It's the beginning of the Reboot, they just kept the numbering from 5YL. I have no idea why.

2. Silver Age first. Superboy & is early Bronze Age.

3. I think Superboy & is picking up where the Archive Collections left off. It's from when the Legion got billing in the title of Superboy's book. The hope is that they'll release the stuff in archives in Omnibuses to catch up. then continue on until they hit the stuff that got collected in Great Darkness Saga and The Curse.

Still waiting on Volume 3 collections DC!

Say what you want but Ben is the best Parker

Also Odinson becoming worthy again fighting Loki with the black sword

Thanks for the info.

I figured it was the start of the reboot, but the early Wally as Flash stuff seems like it'll never be collected, and they just start with Waid. So I wasn't sure.

Silver age first? Huh.... Well I was wrong.

After checking, it seems this Omnibus covers the first three Archives. So about four more to go to get to the material in the Superboy and the Legion series. Whoooboy.

Kind of an odd way to do it.

I'm sort of dealing with this bizarre crap with Green Lantern. The new Silver Age omnibus covers the last two omnibus. They seem to be doing paperbacks too that'll be roughly four or five per Omnibus. I have no idea if we'll get to the O'Neill run or the Flash back ups, my sweet spot since I own issue 90 to present of GL anyway. I would guess at least two more hardcovers if we're lucky. But I'm not sure if DC is really wanting to print the entire O'Neil run again in a format that allows for the buying of other stuff.... I wonder if they'll think that will interfere with the sales of the GL/GA reprints. I don't know, DC's reprint formats always change and are always a mess. This seems to be the closest to them getting their heads out of their asses and getting old material out there in nice colored formats. So hopefully this lucks.

Chronicles came out way to sporadically and were to small, with questionable print quality.

Mesnner-Loebs run never collected
:(

You know my pain friend.

On the GL front I'm kind of excited for this Hal Jordan Green Lantern series. First covers the Emerald Dawn minis. Second is the first 12 issues of the volume 3 (The post Crisis 90's volume that lead into Kyle.) But... you know. Gerard Jones. So that's incredibly awkward. I don't know if DC will continue to publish these in light of that utter madness. Frankly on a level I'm not sure if I want them. But I do.

Anyway, I hope that works and leads into nice Green Lantern: Kyle Rayner collections too.

And somehow we get 90-223. We have it partially. Len Wein is covered in the Sector 2814 volumes. Englehart in the cut short Tales volumes. They stopped those years ago. But four more would finish GL v2, and another one or two would cover the Action Comics back ups.

No idea how they would collect 90 to 172

speed force ruined Flash stories
emotional spectrum did the same Green Lantern

How many issues did Kyle get? he could probably get an omni....

132 for Kyle. There about. Plus a few one shots and minis. Tie in issues too I guess.

The Emotional Spectrum didn't ruin GL at all. It added a really cool layer to it all. Writers doing nothing but Spectrum warfare is repetitive.

jesus that's a lot of issues
I thought it was like 60
Marz's run should be completely collected

Marz's run is spotilly collected in mostly long, looong out of print trades.

His run is roughly 48 to 125 Then they gave him the final arc, 176-181 to set up Johns. I still don't know why they don't give him a Kyle series. He did a 12 issue Ion maxi series before SCW.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern_(comic_book)#Collections_with_multi-series_spans

Scroll down to the New Dawn trade to the Emerald Knights trade. That chaos is how DC did collections, and the best Kyle has.

>more than four whole years of comics not collected, not including crossovers or annuals
that makes me sad
I'm not a GLfag or anything but Kyle was my favorite character in JLA when I was getting into comics

Yeah none of Raab's run, nor Marz's final arc that was done to wrap Kyle up and set up Rebirth. That last one really confuses me. Marz's run as you saw is a nonsense cluster collected. Why Winick got the trade love, fuck if I know.

Do ones that launched in December but every issue since the first issue count? Because that's all the ones I'm looking forward to. 2017 is looking to be a depressing year for comic launches.

obviously cuz his friend had AIDS

>Anyway, I hope that works and leads into nice Green Lantern: Kyle Rayner collections too.
There were solicits for a Marz Kyle collection but they seem to have disappeared off Amazon?

From what I could tell that was fault information for Green Lantern Hal Jordan v2, which is 1-12 of the 90's volume by Gerard Jones. Granted, I hope it's a sign of something in the works, but who knows.

DC may want to skip work by a pedo now. For completeness sake, I hope the don't. But uh.... yeah, that happened.