This fucking charachter is the biggest plot hole

Fucking R2-D2

>be astromech droid in service to Amidala
>later come into service of anakin skywalker
>work with yoda and go to degobah and the wellspring of life with him
>witness birth of Luke
20 years later
>oh hi luke skywalker, you cant be the same ;uke skywalker that I witnessed being born and know was left on tatooine
> when kenobi says "I dont seem to ever remeber owning a droid" R2-D2 should have been like "Hey dude, its me beep boop beep!"
>oh hi little green creature in degobah that looks and speaks exactly like Yoda, who Ive been here with before but instead of saying "Hi" instead he is all like "im going to fight with him over a lamp"

Prequels aren't canon.

Yes they are.

His memory was wiped. Same with C3PO. Ben and Yoda knew this, so it would have been pointless for them to say something.

See that's what I thought too but no, R2's memory was NOT wiped, just C-3PO's. Watch episode 3 again. Also confirmed that his memory ewas not wiped in Star Wars Rebels when he meets Ashoka again.

>Chewbacca, good friend he was

Its actually not that much of a hole. Its not like Chewbacca knew Yoda was on Dagobah or that Yoda would have known that Luke hung out with Chewbacca before.

How the fuck do they understand his fucking sounds?

I learned Arabic in college. Before I learned it, it sounded like phlegm and screaming.

It's so much a plot hole, just stupid. Still, Yoda must know due to force power.

Yoda couldn't sense Palpatine's bullshit, so I think its fair to say that Yoda shouldn't be put on any kind of pedestal on what he can or cannot foresee, especially when it comes to something as trivial as a wookie.

They don't, unless it's another robot. R2 texts Luke, otherwise Luke just speaks rhetorically with him. How Rey and the others understand BB8 is what I don't understand.

They're trash. Can't wait for Disney to reboot them.

>something as trivial as a wookie.

The droid is designed and programmed to plot hyperspace routes and help with in-ship support....what makes you think it really cares anything about any of the drama?

Probably the fact that he:
>shows emotion
>makes friendships
>displays creativity and ingenuity

I think its safe to say that R2 D2 has gone beyond his original programming.

Computer programs can't go "beyond their original programming". Whoever coined that term needs to die. Computers do what computers are told. They are electricity and circuit boards.

So its the Force?

That's a gross over simplification.

chick flicks are based on chick logic and chick logic is not based on logic

I agree, I was just playing devil's advocate.

So, he's the Ryan Gosling of the SW universe?

He may be a bit too chatty for that though.
Would love to see a Synthwave cut of SW with most of his noises cut out.
Just lingering shots of his deadpan silence. Then small, violent bursts of action.

That will never happen, I assure you.

This is true and his memory never is wiped even in the real future EU thus his efficiency is 14% improved by the time of Thrawn

I saw a youtube video of the first star wars movie where they did a dub of what R2D2 would be saying, and it went over the scene when Obiwain said about not owning droids or something. I cant find it now, but it was well written.

That's not a plothole. Also, you don't understand the character of R2-D2 in any respect. He would never tell Luke because that's not how he operates. It's like getting mad at a dog for not understanding its barks.

R2 isn't in the same room during Luke's birth, and may not ever hear his name. Perhaps he doesn't know Anakin is the father, either.

In the original, Luke never says his last name in front of R2.

Not in fantasy space magic land they aren't. Words like "computer", "reprogram", and "memory" have completely different meanings in relation to droids and ships in Star Wars.

You're anthropomorphizing R2, his intentions and his sentimentalities.

You'd watch a movie about a legit duck, and wonder why the duck didn't interact with the humans characters around it the way a human would.

Furthermore, OB1 never claimed to own R2-D2. And there's absolutely no chance he was holding his cards to his chest in his meeting with Luke and his bots.

What would R2 have to say to/about Yoda?

>Anakin has Ahsoka as an apprentice
>It's never mentioned in Episode 3
>The likes of Ahsoka Ventress, Datth Maul, Savage Opress etc aren't either
>Anakin's personality is much different in The Clone Wars compared to Episode 2 and 3

Was this ever explained? It seems like a MAJOR plot hole. Why would George never address this?

It's like Metal Gear Solid. Every new release ruins the story even more.

>if wasn't addressed in history book, it didn't happen

You do know that our DNA hard codes us to seek out mates and bear offspring, right? You do know that our thoughts are nothing but the product of electrical signals, right?