Why was there so much disrespect in this room?

Why was there so much disrespect in this room?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=apJLTO5T430
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>expecting me to know about something that happened 20+ years ago
lmao oldgaf

Because he was a snitch. Google his name, lazy fuck.

Is that Mel Brooks?

literally who?

Because he's anti-Communist

Because he testified against filthy fucking communists

Because he was one of the good guys, he opposed commie infiltration of Hollywood. Unfortunately his side lost.

I didn't know he did that, what a filthy rat

Jesus, read the filename. It's Elia Kazan. He directed East of Eden and A Streetcar Named Desire. He was a true American patriot who spilled the beans to Congress about the Marxists infiltrating Hollywood. If more people in Hollywood at the time had been as great as this man, we wouldn't have the SJW shitfest we have now in the media.

Meryl Streep applauded him that's all I need to know about him.

MAYBE FROM WHERE YOU'RE STANDIN', I'M STANDIN' OVAH HEAH NOW!

Ed Harris confirmed as based. Nothing we didn't know before Also recommend me some good painterkino cuz OP is a jabroni I liked this and Frieda.

>based Ed Harris not giving any fucks

Watch this movie.
He helped suppress people much more talented than him. Got them black listed, they either quit or were forced to use pseudonyms, writing b-movies
Including the guy who wrote Spartacus

Watch it.

Good. They were communists. Every single person he named was a legit communist.

>all the neogaf refugees in this thread

Trumbo was a traitor who put pro-Soviet propaganda in his films on the CPUSA's direct orders.

Hollywood needed a purge. It needs it again.

Just watch the movie

you're the stupid neighbor

Kazan didn't name Trumbo. He named a bunch of literally who, literal commies.

He looks so guilty accepting it, like he knows he's a horrible human being and can feel that the audience also knows it.

What an asshole

Based Kurt Russell.

Streeps really changed I guess. I guess in the past she wasn't a kike puppet but you can only be in Hollywood so long before they have you.

Also based Kathy Bates.

No, he's happy to get it, but he's sad that all these godless commie sympathizers hate his guts because he helped get these dangerous, America-hating animals out of work.

Yes, I respect all those people for standing. As well as Warren Beatty, who is very left in his politics, but still stood to respect the man.

Fuck Ed Harris and his frigid cunt wife. Fuck Nick Nolte.

Splitting hairs with your false argument? He was part of the injunction or accusations that fed into the witch hunt

Come on, do you really need to have this explained to you? Are you a woman?

oh honey oh sweety
Sup Forums has been this bad for years, now.

Kazan didn't hunt witches. They asked him to name communists, and he named communists, and by the way, the committee already had every single person he named.

>reporting traitors is now "snitching"
nigger

You're a woman. You might have the plumbing but what's up stairs is illogical

"snitching" has always been a nigger concept. prisoners should be gassed.

TELEVISION DISCUSSION ONLY
POLITICS BELONGS

Calm down commie.

>witch hunt

It's not a witch hunt, since most of the members of the Hollywood 10 were CPUSA members. It was a big fucking deal because they had been running spy rings for decades in the government and stealing all of our secrets.

McCarthy didn't have anything to do with the blacklists. Those were instituted by the studios because the Hollywood 10 so humiliated the industry in front of the country. The blowback was immense.

Face it, McCarthy was right about everything and Kazan did nothing wrong. Venona proved that beyond a doubt.

I watched this film and don't remember a single thing about it, seemed like a "serious" movie that was meant to get cranston to be taken more seriously as an actor

Another guy who wouldn't be amused

nice meme

>ousting communist propagandists is a 'witch hunt'
Want to know how I know you wete born within the last 20 years?

Willing to bet that the responses in this thread divide completely between posters old enough to know the world before 9/11, and posters who were too young to know what life was like before 9/11.

>It was a big fucking deal because they had been running spy rings for decades in the government and stealing all of our secrets.
Uh...actors and Hollywood screenwriters were stealing all of the government secrets? Is this really what you're saying?
lol

The people sitting are the ones who actually know who he is and what he did

You know its not what I was saying. The CPUSA was. The same organization that all of those blacklisted belonged to and supported.

Walker

are you a roastie or an asian "male". its hard to tell from your posting style.

Care to elaborate or did you intend to waste your own time with such a meaningless post?

Louie CK and John Goodman are in it. It's a well rounded movie. You seriously don't remember this:
youtube.com/watch?v=apJLTO5T430

why is jordan peterson there?

yeah i thought they wouldn't invite him after what happend last year LOL

>horrible human being

The only horrible human beings are the commie fucks that expected him to give up his artistic livelihood for their personal political bullshit. Only commies would actually have the gaul to be enraged that someone irrelevant to their own bullshit wouldn't sacrifice himself for them.

>gaul

Oh you mean watch the movie about one of the guys who got blacklisted to get the skinny on the guy who helped blacklist him? That should be an absolutely marvelously balanced portrait.

Trumbo was interesting for sure. But stealth communism via cultural marxism has nearly destroyed our culture. Why should we give safe harbor to people who infiltrated a popular medium with the express intent to spread political subversion and demoralize people?

A cunt like you would shoot piss from every orifice whenever anybody mentioned examples US or western "cultural imperialism".

>Communism is an economic system!!

Probably a pedo no-op tranny. NeoGaf just got shut down and we're getting all those PC CP creeps coming over here now.

Please, tell me what Trumbo did that is on the dramatic level of On the Waterfront or A Streetcar Named Desire. Go ahead I'll wait.

I'm a veteran, I volunteered and served as a combat soldier. I chose combat arms eventhough I qualified for any job I wanted

>Muh trumbo
>Can't name a single fucking memorable movie with his name attached

fuck off and die.

>Hollywood commies still butthurt after all these years
That's hilarious

t. triggered by a typo or an Asterix fan.

I did though, are you stupid?

ps: and yeah I will now piss on every example of western imperialism

Implying he didn't rat them out because McCarthy wasn't breathing down his neck about his commie ways. He jewed his way out of being accountable, he isn't a martyr, he's just a fink who squealed.

>abloo bloo bloo he's a snitch and blew the fuck out of our communist infiltration attempt
Stay mad commie cucks

All the good actors and directors stayed seated

>comme niggers pretending to be ironically upset ITT

Johnny Got His Gun, which ironically he ended up going back and forth between considering it his magnum opus and pretty much hating it, because it was used by the isolationist movement during WW2 (Trumbo was pro-isolationist until Hitler invaded Russia, at which point he had all copies pulled from the shelves and started narcing on people to the FBI for hindering the war effort whenever he was asked by fans if he had copies squirreled away to sell directly to his fans, which only made him a HUGE hypocrite).

The love/hate relation with JGHG continues with his kids, who sold all ownership rights to the indie film version of JGHG to Metallica for a quick payday when they approached the Trumbo family about using the movie (edited down to 10 minutes) as the video for "One" (which is based upon the novel).

Even though "One" caused JGHG to see an upswing in sales/awareness of the movie, the family kept disowning the film and blocked attempts by Metallica and other film studios from getting the movie back into circulation (it only got a DVD release a couple of ears back). They also cockblocked plans for a 00s remake of JGHG (which would have starred Benjamin McKenzie of The OC/Southland/Gotham fame), causing the entire project to be reduced to a one man stage show with McKenzie reading the radio adaptation of the novel that James Cagney read of the novel that lasted about a week.

Which in turn ties into the film version of Trumbo, which basically pretended Trumbo didn't write ANYTHING until he came to Hollywood in the late 40s. If the Trumbo family had their way, their father would be known as the writer of Roman Holiday, Spartacus, and Exodus and other post-blacklist era films, not the modern day version of the King In Yellow.

>the witch hunt

What witch hunt? Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences :^)

>modern day version of the King In Yellow.

I don't recall King In Yellow involving maimed war veteran wanting to be put out of his misery......

Nah, it's every good and sane persons job to work to the unending goal of putting as many commies into either irrelevant destitution or the cold hard ground.

good thread

I think it's a reference to how Johnny Got His Gun spent decades out of print, both as a movie and as a book, in relations to the horror of the book to the horror of the fictionalized "King In Yellow" play.

And it's kind of an apt comparison if you've read the book. I had nightmares for weeks after reading the novel in high school. And the book is pretty red pill, in terms of the horrors of war upon soldiers and the issue of being able to chose to end your life if you are maimed/injured to the point that you would be better off dead than kept alive.

NeoGaf shut down? That's delightful news.

Good throw commies out of hollywood only to ensure the jews stay in complete power

You should always report commies.

You don't get to do that user. Until you prove you have those tits you're just pedaling stolen valor.

But, isn't Elia a women's name

Who was that faggot at 0:33 that didn't clap? I didn't know that Ed Harris was such a faggot btw, 0:09.

nick nolte p sure

>all those commies who didn't clap

Do people still call it the "Red Scare" after Mccarthy was proven right?

underrated.

>ITT: Ancap retards who need the bullet

Literally photographic evidence of who is and isn't openly communist.

who are the people not clapping?

He named names.

How would neofaggots operate on Sup Forums? The whole point of this site is anonymity, while neogaf was built around popular posters and mod cults of personality.

It's too bad modern commies are nothing but social leeches and hordes of feminized pussies though huh? Ancaps are retarded too, but in a fight between your garden variety commie and an ancap I know exactly who's coming out on top. You can take any delusions to the contrary back to the slimy pool of congealed goat shit you and all your ilk materialized from, pinko scum.

*See

When did Hollywood fall? Was it always degenerate, or did the Soviets just do a really good job of subverting it in the 40s and 50s?

Based Nick Nolte

Marvel was strictly making comic books during that time

A little of column A helped along by an injection from column B. I don't know why people are still surprised to see commie ratfucks and Hollywood types siding with the scum of the planet, like Islamists, over their own countrymen when they've been doing it for decades. They were still sucking Stalin's cock when the actual Soviets were ripping down his posters and propaganda.

commies deserve to be gassed

I'm a liberal who hates commies desu. I have no sympathy for an ideology responsible for the mass killings of hundreds of millions of people and the general oppression it caused. I'm all for improving our economic system, but i don't want it completely dismantled and replaced with a shittier system.

>"Daddy what's communism?"
>"Well sweetie, communism is, say you have a sandwich, and someone is hungry, you give them half of your sandwich"

Jesus Christ, who wrote this?

I think you're just a faggot

fuck you

Every single commie deserves to be killed.

>watch commie propaganda
nah