Is it possible to beat up a group of people if your good at fighting just like in movies

I know they're unrealistic but hypothetically if an expert fighter fought against 10-30 dudes could he do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=upwyWKzozII
youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA
businessinsider.com/chinese-kung-fu-expert-beats-up-men-who-came-to-evict-him-from-home-2012-11
youtube.com/watch?v=Wi2jzad44K4
youtube.com/watch?v=S5A-vz8ptNU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJoACegtTqg
youtube.com/watch?v=X5TTMvY01Is
youtube.com/watch?v=OeldDfgMPRI
youtube.com/watch?v=64JQUZwI1xc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If they come at him 1 at a time like in the movies then probably yes

No way, even 1vs3 is hard. chinese martial arts just looks cool in movies

>youtube.com/watch?v=upwyWKzozII

it depends on his motivation
if he was defending his waifu then hell yeah

probably not. Unless you're a fucking giant and they drop like flies from a single punch, they just immobilize you and trample your skull and that's it

Why aren't there more amwf couples in movies?

Probably not because they could just dog pile you

Watch what happens in team MMA when you lose even one guy

youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA

Fuck no. Your best bet when fighting a group of people is to drop the first one or two so hard and quickly that everyone else backs down out of fear. The more people present, the less likely that's going to happen.

Or carry a machine pistol

Source

Maybe if the fight took place in a narrow corridor where you can limit how many people attack you at once. If you're surrounded in open space, no way. Eventually someone is going to get a hit in that puts you down on the ground and then they'll start piling up on you.

few asians in America + actual asians have their own developed film industry + asians have better things to do than forcing diversity

for one man no. however if you take 3 men now you can defend all directions at once.... scale this up.

if you form squads of men historically the more diciplined and drilled squad can defeated intense overwhelming odds of like 4-6x there size. this is with weapons of course where 1 blow can severely cripple or kill you.

if you're surrounded then you can attack in all directions

Why is everyone saying no? Do you not remember the video of that European guy knocking out about ten people? 30 probably not but 10 is very reasonable. I've made a group of at least 5 niggers run away after the first punch. Goddamn fucking niggers...

No, they'll just rush and grab you.

only if the come in one to one
and are toxicated

no kungfu movies are fake

Because the majority of people paying to watch movies are white men. You can't self-insert if they're not white. That's why if you want to meet the Asian quota you insert an Asian woman as the MC's love interest.

Absolute machines like prime Tyson could maybe fight off 10 average dudes but 30? Not a chance\\\\\\\\

>Maybe if the fight took place in a narrow corridor

10 dudes form a Rugby Scrum and obliterate literally anybody in that situation

Don't know how legit it is, you'll have to look into it yourself. Some Chinese guy fought off people trying to force him from his home.
businessinsider.com/chinese-kung-fu-expert-beats-up-men-who-came-to-evict-him-from-home-2012-11
youtube.com/watch?v=Wi2jzad44K4

I can, but then again I'm better fighter than any who posts on this entire website.

You're not so tough, I bet I could take you. You're no match for my secret technique.

>You can't self-insert if they're not white
It's pretty easy unless you're a deranged racist.

When you got the right amount of ass-kicking juice/alcohol in your system.
youtube.com/watch?v=S5A-vz8ptNU

>Nobody posted the video yet

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJoACegtTqg

Well, maybe if you are asian and your foes are a bit soft

One of those Nepalese gurkas fought off like 46 guys by himself with just his kukri knife. They were all armed too. Happened on a train when they tried to rob the whole car and got rapey

>White people have no problem identifying with animal characters, but God forbid the main character is a non-white human

once the fight goes to the ground their buddies will just kick you until your done, either they have to not be very serious about fighting you or like in your case terrified of you.

The real answer is: Probably.
It all depends the skill of the opponents and that instantly correlates to their morale.
Group fight situation like that is instantly about momentum and nerves.
The Hero's strongest feat in every movie ever is always his willpower, so that instantly makes him "unbreakable" and full of momentum. Now you give him expert fighter skills and 'goons' are gone.
So if the one guy vs 10-30 has momentum, skill AND motivation its possible.

Why the fuck does every race push for white females? Why do people never ask for Asian men / black women, or black men / Arabic or Spanish women?

No. The story on Bruce's only post-fame real fight was that he only agreed to it if it was behind closed doors and once he and the challenger were alone he just jumped him and pummeled the shit out of him. No fancy moves. Just wrecked him with an overwhelming number of strikes.

I guess the guy felt like Bruce was going to attempt movie-style moves and had a strategy for beating him.
Afterwards, he tried to get another one-on-one fight, again because now he knew his fighting style he had a strategy to counteract his moves and defeat him. Bruce refused.

Bruce made great fight movies. He knew movies and how to mesmerize an audience, and how to charm his students in his training studios. But he was never so stupid as to try that shit in a real, deadly fight. Numbers always win. Size/weight advantage always wins, and Bruce was a little guy. Acrobatic and ripped as fuck. But little.

You think we actually like flat asses?
Lol If it were up to "us" the chicks you see on screen wouldn't be the same

That's a bridge/hallway/corridor fight though. He just needs to kill each dude as they come at him. Not saying that isn't bad ass, but that's not 1 vs a Mob Attack.

YEA!!!! KILL THOSE NIGGERS!!!

>youtube.com/watch?v=X5TTMvY01Is

nice. classic.

Yes. If you have Ultra Instinct.

Not really a fight
4 odd guys trying to stay calm and chilling
Some twat just starts wailing on them
Said twat barely hits anybody
The "4 guys" are still urging calm after he's "beaten on them"

Seems kinda lame to me

I've seen it happen, but the guy was a beast who got the shit kicked out of him every day from the age of 12, the kind of life that forces you to get good at fighting. If you're a normal guy who had a relatively happy upbringing it won't happen. If you find yourself in even a two on one fight, your best bet is honestly to run.

Adding to this, the one time I saw was 5 on 1. Not 10, sure as fuck not 30. I'd be leery about fighting 30 children by myself, let alone grown men.

ive done it a few times.

as long as you hit someone hard enough to knock them down you can pinball everyone.

people in groups dont have good balance.

Why are you fighting groups of humans

parties downtown. people like to go to parties in a group and not drink, and antagonize people. if im drunk enough ill actually defend whoever someone is antagonizing, then ill get sucker punched, then i hit them very hard. then their friends try to fight but they dont even know why so one good punch makes them give up since girls are laughing and eventually my friends either laugh or restrain them if they are still fighting.

youtube.com/watch?v=OeldDfgMPRI
>The generic looking fat fuck mexican that gets btfo in the middle of the vid

came here to post this. classic.

in a martial arts only scenario, it's possible

in a scenario with weapons, it's not possible. kill bill vol 1 would end with the bride's death soon after the main crazy 88s force showed up

yes, but not with martial arts. The guy needs to know where and how hard to punch to knock someone out. I've seen a video of this guy knocking out like five guys in a row.

those aren't mexicans those are chicanos

Chicano: (in North America) a person of Mexican origin or descent, especially a man or boy.

I have no idea what the distinction is between a mexican and chicano

ahah you can always try to ask for a fair respectable match 1v1

Mexicans grew up in Mexico. Chicanos are Mexicans who grew up in the US. Big difference.

YLYL

Oh I see

laid OUT

I honestly wish we'd see more of this kind of realistic, messy, unglamorous fighting in movies. The back and forth, trading punches gets really boring.

the polish are like twice their size ...
swedes really like it rough

Yeah man, it's possible.

Fighting is a lot more about aggression and experience than technique, you will see guys who are perfectly capable in practise but once the get in a real fight will forget to breathe, trip over their own feet, throw wild punches and shit. I saw one cunt punch himself in the head.

If you're experienced you can easily put down a couple of guys who don't know what they're doing, but if someone grabs you you're kind of fucked.

t. someone who has never been in a fight but likes to act knowledgeable

There was a Scottish MMA fighter who was attcked by a group of 12 or so people in Glasgow and they got so frustrated that they couldn't get the best of him that they stabbed him instead. He lived. It is definitely possible.

i'm an aussie, mate, it's called getting from the vic hotel to the taxi rank at 2am.

What's your Stoyle?

So... this is the power of kung fu

This is beautiful.

This is lame. Those skinny dudes never stood a chance and knew it, so they barely even put up a fight and just wanted to get away without fighing.

Also great.

People talk like attacking 1 by 1 is something incredibly dumb that people only do in movies but the reality is that attacking as a unit isn't trivial and generally needs to be trained, like riot cops or some shit.

If it just 30 uncoordinated random drunks or something I'm sure it can be done, group psychology and fear will make sure they can't use their number advantage to any meaningful end. No one's going to want to approach the scary kungfu mans swinging feet and fists, and if one tries to take lead they'll just fall into the ground in a second and the rest will recoil and possibly run away

This looks like an episode of the Walking Dead.

There's that one video of some MMA fighter fighting a bunch of thugs off successfully until he gets hit in the back of the head with a 2x4. That's probably how it'd go down most of the time.
1 vs 2 is very doable though, there's a lot of videos where that happens and the solo guy comes out on top.

It's a fight, and you're lame

I'd enjoy the chance to break you, then we could laugh about it right after.

probably not, but there are some martial arts that try to teach this, best bet is a pipebomb tho

According to Miyamoto Musashi, in a sword fight he could defeat up to 30 people.

Next time, I get cornered by some thugs in an alley, I will whip out my trusty Slip'N'Slide for the momentum.

Are chinese martial arts a meme or do they just look cool?

assuming all are unarmed and you have no huge physical advantage like much bigger size

2 on 1 is a severe uphill battle
3 on 1 is 99% certain defeat

The only way a single guy could beat more than five opponents is if they're all paralysed. I've worked as a bouncer in bars and seen a lot of, uh... I'll call it 'non-competition' fighting, and doesn't matter how good you are, even a 2 v 1 situation will see you get your arse kicked. Odds are the guys you're taking on aren't morons (like they appear in the movies) and will at least instinctively know how to make that numerical advantage count.

Watch the scenes in all those Hong Kong actioners for how it doesn't get done IRL. The hardest job in those films comes from the henchmen who's job it is to attack the hero one-by-one: "Eddie's going in now, I'll just pretend I've got something in my eyes.", "Oh, can't attack him now; must spend 20sec kicking this flimsy cardbox box out of my way.", "Dammit! Even though his back is towards me I must tie my showlaces first!", etc.

I once got jumped by four junkies. One grabbed me from behind and threw me on the ground, and then the others started kicking me in the head. I tripped one and smashed his head on a kerb. I pulled out my pen knife but didn't have time to unfold it, so I struck him on the temple with the handle, and blood spurted in my face. The other ones then scattered and ran.

If he's a huge dude then yeah if you comes really strong and so he knocks out or dazed each of them with one hit then yeah one guy can generate enough feeling of danger that a group will just scatter

But if the other guys aren't weak and he doesn't finish the first one off really quickly then chances are one will go round the back and sides and grab him or push him over and then it's pretty much over.

I was once attacked by five muggers. I was just walking home late at night, pretty drunk, and they came at me out of a back alley and demanded my wallet. Before the man in front could even say another word I had dislocated his jaw with a roundhouse kick and disarmed him (he was carrying a machete). Dodging a messy left hook from the second mugger with a ducking twirl I used the momentum to hurl the machete into the mugger at the pack of the crew who was reaching into a backpack for what I assume was a gun. It hit him square between the eyes and he dropped like a lamp. Without hesitation I hen quickly dispatched the mugger who had tried to punch me with a series of stomach punches which broke his ribs and paralysed him. The last two muggers looked scared and held up their hands as if to beg for mercy. I snorted in their faces and knocked one of them out with a kick, then grabbed the other by the throat and raised him up against a wall.
"Still want my wallet?" I asked the terrified criminal.
"N-no" he stuttered in reply.
"Too bad", I opined, before shoving my wallet into his mouth and forcing it down his throat till he choked to death.

Mike Tyson in his prime could.
Bruce Lee certainly didn't, we speak about a 50 kg skeleton.

No. The legend goes that karate experts were so good they could fight 3 people at once and not get killed (before karate became the shitty thing it became when introduced to japan as a sport similar to Judo).

10-30 is just dumb.

Modern boxers are prone to breaking fingers when fighting bare handed. Old school boxers would have had a better chance (they also used kicks and throws back then, even after the gloves were introduced. The limited Boxing we have today is a modern invention. The boxing curriculum had about a dozen different throws a boxer could perform legally).

Is there any actual study on how fighting works? Something that catalogues strategies and moves and shit?

here you go

Any combat sport/self-defense/etc. does that. It dates back to the stone age, really. Even hobos (not the modern ones, I'm talking train hopping 20s to 40s hobos) had a street fighting bible.

night night

Not 10-30 but I could definately see a guy take on 3-5 guys alone. Also depending on how brutal he was. I would imagine the last 2-3 guys would run after he brutally knocked out/killed the first two.

Because that would be unrealistic, everyone knows it's mostly white man + asian female pairings in real life.

stop it eurasian tiger

>get mugged in subway by 4 guys
>they pull a knife on me and tried to hurt me with it
>use kickboxing to try to get the fuck away
>knock out 2 guys and hurt the 3rd one
>4th guy ran
>the fuckers sue me
>judge forbid me from practicing martial arts for 2 years
>I had to pay the court fee
>they didn't even get arrested for the mugging

True story. I wish I was making this up. That's canada for you.

>people getting headkicked
>and kneed 3on1
I'm not a doctor but this can't be good

What's the point of learning self defence if you can't even use it? Fucking bullshit t b h, sorry about that user.

Lawyering beat kung fu every time.

legal bill is better than a hospital bill
but in a normal country you'd have the right to defend yourself from an attack

You usually do, but some judges are assholes and want to make 'examples'. Either you take it, or you pay in time and money to challenge that rulling.

Alextime vs 200 mexniggers

youtube.com/watch?v=64JQUZwI1xc
start at 8:10, mma guy explains to memekido who got beat up why he got beat up: doesn't matter how good your technique is if you're not used to taking punches in the face, because if you're not used to being hit once you do you'll be in uncharted territory.

Are you me? This literally happened to me the other day.