What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/miVRaoR_8xQ?t=14m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gen Xers

Mike became cocky and arrogant about RLM's popularity and let it bleed into his work.

they became successful so Sup Forums fags began to hate them

youtu.be/miVRaoR_8xQ?t=14m30s
>14:30
Holy fucking shit as i saw your post the video reached this part
>I pioneered internet reviews and make possible for everybody that do so to exist, they are copying me.

How fucking embarassingly misguided. Mike should just go ahead and kill himself.

He murdered his wife, it all went downhill from there.

Why did you link to the video only to misquote it? Do you have an axe to grind, lad? You're seething with passive aggression.

The fact that these guys are still posted here amazes me. There's really no avoiding it, I've grown up, and Sup Forums simply remains infancy. Look, RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos. What do I mean by this?

Well, I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, Sup Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

>inb4 some retard (incorrectly) goes hurrr reddit spacing, as though RLM threads weren't as reddit as they come.

>misquote
Not at all, i was just mocking his embarassing implications IMPLICATIONS

>Inb4 based Chay tay tay
!

>I've grown up
I don't believe that for a second.

Yes at all. And he's right, tons of people and dogfuckers started copying that type of review after the phantom menace one got popular. If influencing a small part of youtube is all the pride he's got, I say he earned it.

He's done more harm than he has done good

Ghostbusters was the best Plinkett review since Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

This

I'm guessing you're either a prequel apologist or a Zack Snyder fan, so you don't even count as a human being anyway.

based

Literally every review is the same

Jay: "So what did you think of the film"
>Mike vomits some stupid meme related to the film then pauses
Jay: "Did you like any of the film"
>Mike goes at length about one minor detail of the film being good but ultimately being dumb and not liking the movie
Jay: "Yeah I guess I liked it okay, thanks for your profound wisdom"
>Mike makes a Plinkett noise for another 20 minutes

I'm fine with all the "me too" youtubers copying Plinkett. I love long-form reviews that take nitpicking to unhealthy levels, and thanks to Plinkett copycats, there have been reviews done in that style of things that Plinkett would likely never touch (like the Hobbit Trilogy, the Mass Effect 3 ending, or the Silent Hill HD collection).

>Excited to see a more in depth look to The Force Awakens by Mike
>Spend most of the fucking video being butthurt about someone that dared going about his gospel about the prequels being shit or something.
What the fuck.

I think you need to look up the word "literally".

That video is a year old and you're still upset about it. Let that sink in for an hour.

More like:

>Mike: "Jay, what did you think of (movie)?"
>Jay: "It was the worst schlock that I've ever seen in my life. I fucking hated it. SCHLOCK."
>Mike: "Really? I loved it, and thought it was everything that I hoped it would be."
>Jay: "W-well, I guess I didn't HATE it..."

No but his influence on YouTube content creators has helped contribute to the site's pretty mediocre quality over the years.

You guys do understand that these kind of reviews have existed for a long long time right? Mike only decided to make one and put it on the internet. Nothing innovative about that

Regardless, Mike is the one who popularized it. It doesn't matter if a million literally whos did it before him, nobody gave a shit.

In this format? Not really, I'm sure you can link a couple.

>Damon Lindelof, in a Twitter message on the video, noted that "Your life is about to change. This is astounding film making

Other shitters just can't compete.

I watched it on the week and saw this thread today, but it's not surprising that you would assume all the people on these threads are always the same, can't believe there's at least 1 thread about them at every moment on Sup Forums

>I watched it on the week and saw this thread today
That doesn't really change anything, the thread is about these reviews, not your personal situation.

Nothing

Mike trying to assert himself as an authority on film despite his taste diminishing with each passing year and being surrounded by yesmen and faggots.

>you're still upset about it.

the prequels are are older than that and cucklasa is still butthurt over them

That's a plural you, not a singular you. Don't reply to my posts again.
Everyone is still butthurt over them, they're atomic shit. Pretending to like them for hipster doesn't really count.

He's an artist, they are usually in tune with their emotion so they can bring forth their art, a valuable product that justify this initial fault... You are not an artists, Whats' your excuese?

Apologize to me. At once.

Mike isn't an artist, and he isn't in tune with his liver, let alone his emotions.

>Giving a fuck about Star Wars
When will this meme end.

>they're atomic shit
that's what they have in common with the force awakens review and the movie itself

this

His fans are idiots that would rather he make lazy shit like Half in the Bag or Best of the Worst episodes than Plinkett videos.

everytime. its no wonder that jay is still the sidekick after all these years and why screenjunkies passed on him

Nobody signed up for this, Garrett.

>Garrett
?

It's called "The Star Wars Awakens". He was commenting on the culture around Star Wars as it then stood,
which includes his influence on the internet scene, which is fair. He gets into TFA in the second half.

i know this is pasta but its so damn true

It didn't really strike me until I listened to the Alien commentary they did. Jay shits all over Aliens, both Mike and Rich jump on him, and he backpedals hard. I notice it all the fucking time now.

I know this is pasta but goddamn its so spot on

Their shows have become completely devoid of joy and excitement, and are now just made to live up to their patreon quotas.
It used to feel like they were actually knowledgeable, or had some technical insight.
Now it's just smug contrarianism, and star trek references, covered in 87 layers of protective irony.

This is so true of the Plinkett reviews. It seems like he doesn't want to do the women-chained-up in-the-basement thing because he's too self-conscious that it will make him look weird or misogynistic or something.
There are also a lot more "in-jokes". He makes too many references to successful bits from previous reviews without adding anything new, which is just lazy. Also, name-dropping Rich Evans and featuring him in skits.
Also, this, which shows how arrogant he's become after the popularity of his Episode I review.
Lastly, the lack of focus in the subject matter. We didn't need FORTY minutes to cover "ring theory" in a dry, meandering, mostly humorless way. The Ghostbusters review felt unfocused as well.

time passing doesn't make something less shit

>I pioneered internet reviews and make possible for everybody that do so to exist, they are copying me.

He's not wrong though

They couldn't keep up with based real humor
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

HAHAHA he said Jew and Mary Sue 20 times so epic!

This

Mike was so full of hate it was great, it seemed genuinely vindictive.

oh shit. is this a new copypasta?

Every Episode:
>So Mike/Jay, what did you think of this movie
>Incredibly simplistic description of movie punctuated with dry jabs at the personalities involved, all of it dripping with irony and sarcasm
>about 5 mins of legitimate criticism and a whole lot of bitching about actors and directors they don't like for reasons mostly unrelated to the movie
> 10 mins whinging about "muh stupid audiences" and stopping every so often to glare at the camera after making a glib observation
>This of course is followed by a quick disclaimer about how totally not elitist they are
>Complaints about current Hollywood trends and big budget flicks
>unfunny Mr. Plinkett joke
FIN

I dunno what you dumb fucks are talking about. Jack/Jill, Pixels, and even recently, Annabelle:Creation, were legitimately great deconstructs of what made shitty movies bad, and also a lot of other interesting discussion like the short film contest for Annabelle. Or The Mummy, a teardown of the Monster Movie Universe, discussion of overseas markets, all pretty interesting stuff I didn't know, and funnier than anything anybody on this shit board posts.

I'm pretty sure the fuckheads on this forum are just jealous that they make 20k a month doing what you do for free. Pathetic.

I want RLM haters to go.

me again, also before anybody brings up Space Cop, yeah it sucked, but at least they tried. You have accomplished literally nothing with your life.

Go to bed Mike

How can you have a thread about one note has-beens without talking about me or all of your money I wasted, guys? C'mon!

Best of the Worst is probably my favorite show on TV/ YouTube right now.

Jack and Jill, Pixels and Annabelle's creation are incredibly well done.

sadly, this guy probably influenced more people to become youtube reviewers than anyone else

>me or all of your money I wasted
What's this in reference to? i kind of know abit about the NOstalgia critic but what's this money talk?

oh, and lets not forget them casually shitting on the audience that keeps their lights on from time to time.If only they spent as much time on their content as they did beating each other off...

>What went wrong?
The babies that watched the prequels turned into twenty year olds and they can't cope with their shitty toy catalogue of a movie being absolute dogshit

nothing was right to begin with

In September 2012 Doug 'retired' Nostalgia Critic and ended the series, and then proceeded to spend all of the money he had saved and accrued on making his own indie film, which was a spectacular failure.

By January 2013 he was already returning to Nostalgia Critic.

the rest, from ECD
>Early in 2013 Doug started an Indiegogo campaign to make up for all the money that was blown on Demo Reel. This time, the money would be going into the new Nostalgia Critic series, along with whatever he still had leftover from Demo Reel (including the actors.) The campaign also featured absurdly overpriced backer rewards, demanding hundreds of dollars for varying degrees of brief acknowledgement. When you have Doug's fanbase, however, it doesn't really matter, as they'll happily fund anything Doug makes as long as it gets posted on TGWTG.com and isn't a let's play. The campaign made $90,000, which amazingly was only 1/11th of what Doug hoped he would get. Nevertheless, it was above the $50,000 goal so it would do.

>So what exactly did all that money go to? Your guess is as good as anyone's. Doug and Rob are so bad at making their videos not look like crap that you can't even tell what's new and what's been recycled from Demo Reel and the old Nostalgia Critic videos. The biggest difference is the actors, who as previously stated are leftover from Demo Reel and aren't that big of an improvement over Rob and Bhargav.

He is not wrong
Adum from YMS said numerous times he is inspired by rlm

le diversity is good good goyim

At least he spent the money on work in media instead of blowing it on cars and blow like other critics

Literally nothing

Hmmmmm?

>Mike is an artist

New RLM vid is weird.

jay has nice feet

>they thrash the new dc movie
>The fact that these guys are still posted here amazes me. There's really no avoiding it...

It went wrong even before it started.

Pretending to be drunkards then describing the movie for 15 minutes isn't entertaining.

I love that RLM triggers you faggots so much that you feel the need to obsessively make th same comments over and over every day in every RLM thread.

What the fuck does any of this mean=

ok whatever you say Mike.

Plinkett videos have absolutely no merits.
They're not funny, they are not insightful as they mindlessly nitpick the movies most obvious flaws for 20 minutes at times, and they're not even nice to look at.

HitB and BotW at least have Jay, who at least has some serious criticism about movies and is CUTE

Sup Forums not being able to have nuanced opinion is what went wrong.

didn't know mike was a foot patrician

brutal but true 2bh

you forgot something about "tone" from Jay

every day I wake up and thank god that I don't give a single shit about Star Wars

I hope I kill myself before I get as bitter as you.

post examples