What would the state of DC be if Moore was allowed to make this in universe?

What would the state of DC be if Moore was allowed to make this in universe?

This comic gets like three threads a day.

I know but I'd like to see what people would think if he was allowed to use the characters he wanted to use. The only ones I know off hand are captain atom and the question.

>What would the state of DC be if Moore was allowed to make this in universe?

People would care about The Question, Captain Atom, Peacemaker, and the rest

Isn't that their plan?

good because that's where the genre stopped progressing

They are Charlton pastiches to an extent:

>Captain Atom - Dr. Manhattan
>The Question - Rorschach
>Blue Beetle - Nite-Owl
>Nightshade - Silk Spectre
>Thunderbolt - Ozymandias
>Peacemaker - The Comedian

Thought, Moore got the inspiration to Silk Specter more from pulpy superheroines than from the actual Nightshade.

Huh I thought blue beetle was Ozy, but that may be based more off of them trying to tie Ted Cord into the modern blue beetle mythos but I'm new to DC and it's massive canon

Wouldn't be as good, that's for sure.

On the other hand it might not have lead to the split between Moore and DC, so who knows what would happen.

can we just get a story time of pax americana? That should be the thesis of this thread

You really think so?
I get that in the sense of ruining it as a complete work of fiction, but as a fan of serialization I like it that way. But god knows I'm just a monster.

Why do retards think Watchmen is the only comic that exists?

It's fucking normiecore trash

only normies that pick it up dont get it

>On the other hand it might not have lead to the split between Moore and DC

Watchmen was why Moore stayed away not why he left. Moore along with Frank Miller, Howard Chaykin, and one or two others left when DC was talking about implementing a rating system

the story ended, fuck off

>Ending
>Ever

Good, maybe one day all the Alan Moore threads get a MLP treatment and this board would be cleaner.

That story arc ended yes, and for those Snyder fans out there yeah the comic ending makes Moore sense that way.

But where would it have gone if the top brass actually had the balls to let this man whose rarely shown us what he can do with his own creations gone with that story arc.

No, it doesn't.

What is Pax Americana

Did you read the outline? It was in the Absolute Watchmen and the 1988 Graphitti hardcover. Back when it was still a Charlton project Moore was working with the intention of it being on a self-contained Earth, and any crossovers between it and say, Superman, would just be limited to an event comic like X-Men/Teen Titans (in which there's less intention to make more).

In the outline, the basic plot outline was there (a superhero is killed, murder mystery) Captain Atom shares traits with Manhattan, but he's different in that he's more pro-military. Thunderbolt is pretty much like what Moore planned for Ozymandias (but obviously with Thunderbolt's backstory instead of Ozy's). Ted Kord and Dan Garret generally correspond to what Moore eventually used for Dan Dreiberg and Hollis. But when he changed Kord to Dreiberg he said that Dreiberg would represent a particular archetype and listed Green Hornet, Batman, and Moon Knight as examples.

But at the time it was still a Charlton project he had no idea what to do with Nightshade. And Peacemaker had absolutely no similarities to the Comedian (other than being a government agent; if you read Moore's outline you'll see that he doesn't ascribe Blake's heinous deeds to Peacemaker).

The only similarity between Nightshade and Laurie is that they're the love interest for the atomic-superhero. I think when Moore developed Silk Spectre he decided to take influence from Phantom Lady and Black Canary instead of Nightshade. And for Comedian he made him less like Peacemaker.

>his own creations
>Alan Moore

Pick one. Moore's never done anything original in his entire life. Watchmen is an edgy Charlton Comics fanfiction version of Superduperman with the plot ripped off of Superfolks and an episode of The Outer Limits.

I suppose that's what I'm asking, how would have superman have reacted to this captain atom?

Though this is my only exposure to the character.