Red Dwarf

This new season is the best season in years. Can't believe I'm watching a show my dad watched when I was a kid and now I'm gonna watch without any kids because I'm a childless loser.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9tGO79BtWUI
youtube.com/watch?v=Qa_gZ_7sdZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So far so good - although I'm found some of the overt political references a little jarring. Still the character work they putting in is pretty strong

they made more after 10?

What political references havn't I noticed?

Yeah I can't remember much of 11 but this is coming out weekly and I'm really enjoying it.

Something that I don't like is how Listers quarters are all 'futuristic' and grimdark. Why can't it be the shitty looking place he had before? Or at least somewhat better lit.

yeah 12 is being aired right now, 3 episodes out.

I only saw the first 2 but so far so good.

It's soooo weird seeing them so old at first, but it grows on you.

I'm glad they are back.

It's a shame that it feels so claustrophobic though. Earlier seasons were wide-reaching, had lots of locations, but there's a clear confinement on their schedule availability as actors which keeps the show pretty contained.
I get that almost every show suffers from this after so many seasons but it is a shame.

The one that stuck out to me was the United America conceit. Whilst the premise is smart, the naming just feels tacky

Lister is like a warning to stay in shape and not be fat. He looks like shit.

I guess none of us will look great, but at least being fit can mitigate that.

it feels like Kryten can use a breast plate stretcher though.

Rimmer looks golden.

I couldn't believe they were allowed to make that episode about the criticism police in the literal current year in literally londonistan. There may be hope after all boys.

The one shot actors are really good. That liberation front droid and the criticism guy wearing the dress thing were great.

They made series 11 and 12 back to back. So far series 12 has been better than 10 and 11 imo.

Craig Charles did like the drugs though.

What kind of drugs?

Just read wiki. Yeah that'll age ya. Surprised he didn't lose his mind. The blokes I know who got onto that shit became mental cases.

Red Dwarf has always said 'fuck it' to stuff like that. Hell, the novels were filthy at times and edgy as fuck.

How has Rimmer been the last few seasons? He was always the best part. Have they reintroduced Kochanski yet? It felt like they were leading up to it back when they first relaunched the series, and Lister's character kind of needs that 'hope'.

We still have to make the old one-armed Lister canon, damnit! They should have left him armless after the retrovirus. It was a great nod to that episode, and one armed/robot arm antics could have been fun.

crack

forgot pic

Did they ever broach the original ending to Red Dwarf where Rimmer kicks Death in the bonebags, and then in the relaunch we have another hard-light holo Rimmer? Despite it being a comedy I find myself curious about the time between.

What is Rimmer's problem.

Rimmer has been standard Rimmer really. It's hard for the cast to capture the glory days of series 4-6, but it's been okay so far. There hasn't been many episodes where it's just been the four of them, there's been a lot of supporting one off characters. No Kochanksi.

I think it'd be impossible to recapture it because the Rimmer and Lister actors hated each other in RL, and it gave them great chemistry.

From series 3-4 onwards they kind of grew to like eachother from what I remember from the DVD commentaries. It was series 1-2 they really didn't get on.

The chemistry is developing in 12. To me it appears much more fluid and natural than 10 or 11.

They all seem one step off the pace, occasionally they get it right, but it's strange.

Rimmer will make weird faces or say something in a tone, but it's just not quite right. Maybe they decided the characters would change somewhat in the time.

didn't like the first episode.
second episode was better with the kryton cult surprisingly

So What Is It?

Pretty good so far, although I do kind of miss the grimey look of the originals

Pic related

Smegtastic tier
>Series II
>Series IV
>Series V
>Series VI

Good tier
>Series I
>Series III
>Series XI
>Series XII

Underrated tier
>Series VII

Showing their age tier
>Series X

Anus polyp tier
>Series VIII

Best watched as one long episode tier
>Series IX

They turned it into a fucking capeshit set

Doesn't any cunt at Dave! know that comedy is enhanced by shitty sets?

The sets changed every few series. The Dave produced sets do look a bit too open.

>bringing back old hol
good

GOAT episode

Hang on, I thought it was because they lost the set for Red Dwarf so they had to move everything over to Starbug
I'm not exactly sure how it is you 'lose' an entire television set though
Maybe they sent it off for dry cleaning and couldn't find the ticket

So what is it?

Some Fans are cunts and they'd go to any means to get props from the Set. Yes even the Set itself.

t. the set designer who lost the ticket and blamed us, the fans.

Source on Charlies and Barrie hating each other?

Any stores regarding it?

They both mention it in the DVD commentaries, especially the first couple of series they didn't get on.

>grant refuses to write a "finale" episode even though the cast want it

So what is it?
*Smirks*
Only Joking

I loved this as a kid, but rewatching it recently i got no enjoyment out of it, left me feeling dead inside
I dont think its fun fun fun anymore

Ah my bad, I hadn't read much into it, thanks for clearing that up.

Right lads, post your favourite
>Kat line
>Rimmer line
>Kryton line
>Lister line
Preceeding line as well if you need to set it up

i still use the phrase, "Sending that request down to memory retrieval" when someone asks me something

watching s1e1
is this americans imitating english humour?

thats embarrassing

well that's what people say, but where's the proof?

One of my favourite lines is when the Holoship takes Rimmer and Cat says 'quick let's get out of here before they bring him back'. Cat is underrated where one liners are concerned.

>the reveal when he's the psychopath

it was good

Can't go through all that but one of the exchanges that stuck in my memory and that forever will be stuck in my memory is the Season 2 Episode 1 exchange where Rimmer asks Dave to talk him up to the female crew and then the banter that ensues when they first see that they are skeletons.

"Listen, girls. I don't know whether this is the time or the place to say this, but my mate Ace here is incredibly, incredibly brave"

That is pure gold

Cat and dissing Rimmer whenever there is a chance that he is gone. Always good.

I don't really find the Cat character all that well (he has his high moments, don't get me wrong) but whenever there is a one liner that needs to be delivered, he is on point.

youtube.com/watch?v=9tGO79BtWUI

red dwarf is fine your just dead inside

t. dead inside

youre dead inside
theres no kind of happiness
youre all alone
normieless

IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

EVERYBODY'S DEAD DAVE

This show has one of the earliest examples of VR sex i can remember.

this will always be what ill remember of red dwarf

when im old and senile itll come to my mind and ill wonder who dave was and who died

>they're all dead? are you sure?
>well there's one surefire way to tell: Everyone who's not dead stand up

I was only gone two minutes!

Pretty much all four are answered here:
youtube.com/watch?v=Qa_gZ_7sdZg

has Lister made an epic joke about German women athletes yet?