ITT: Classic comic panels that are extremely relevant today

ITT: Classic comic panels that are extremely relevant today

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2017/01/18/protester-attempts-to-light-himself-on-fire-outside-trump-hotel/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Steve Ditko hated hippies and protesters.

They did lulzy things like light themselves on fire, it was practically entertainment.

nypost.com/2017/01/18/protester-attempts-to-light-himself-on-fire-outside-trump-hotel/

Does someone have the page of Peter looking back on this and laughing at what an asshole he was?

Peter wasn't an asshole. And I'd think Lee and Ditko understand the character a lot better than Ewing.

>that file name

was that from Ewing?? I thought it was Untold Tales.

also this is an early thing that got dropped as Peter developed.

Yes. Ewing wrote that Peter was ashamed of mocking protesters in the Mighty "Diverse" Avengers.

Interesting, considering the fact that the powers that be turned Barry's sidekick and love interest into token blacks in the new live action adaptions.

>develop
>become liberal
Yeah, sure...

What would you call this? Peter clearly isn't for one side or the other and only points out the rational side of things

no it's not that he won't join. He's totally being an asshole about it, "I'll give them something to really protest" c'mon y'all

Neutral.

In the second one, yeah. In the first one he's just a dick about it.

Has anyone ever listened to the old Superman radio show? In the post-war episodes, mostly starting in '46 and '47, they focus a lot of religious tolerance and the villains are usually rich white men protesting against Jews, Catholics, and 'foreigners' with funny names or skin colors that ain't white.

That's not being an asshole. Have you seen the protesters today protesting for no reason and blocking everything with their grandstanding? Besides, it's a thought caption.

Peter was always written as a bit of an asshole when it came down to social interactions at school or uni.

It's just a thought. All he said is that he had nothing to protest and they were assholes to him.

Can't blame kids these days for not knowing what a thought bubble is

That's the Ditko influence!

This was before anyone in Amerca knew about Islam and immigrants would regularly assimilate into western culture.

That was relevent when Obama was in office.

Just stop user, Superman would be so disappointed in you.

>Dubs
>Blue lives matter
You're a good person user. We could use more comic panels like this.

in what way?

The typical exaggerating about all the executive orders Obama pushed through. Which he only had to do because congress constantly sat on their asses like stubborn children.

No. Obama is a piece of shit who loves those who hate America, be it Muslims, the Castros, or traitors like Manning.

>implying Superman would stand up for a murderous ideology that was founded by a guy that would make Lex Luthor look like Mother Theresa

He already stands up for Christians, tho

He's not wrong. Most of the countries that adopt Islam have misogynistic and homophobic institutions, like Saudi Arabia or Syria, and countries like the latter are where a lot of the refugees (who are mostly young men} come from. Therefore, it wouldn't be incorrect to say that Irish immigrants were more likely to be more compatible with Western society than the current crop of people, who, as much as I wish otherwise, have these values instilled in them from an early age. So the question is how to screen these people for immigration.

Superman wouldn't be disappointed, nor would he be particularly approving since it's a gray matter.

Jesus ain't Muhammad

>Thinking Peter was an asshole here
>Trying to get to class after a long night of superheroing
>A bunch of loud obnoxious protestors following you and shitting on you because you don't want to follow them like sheep
>Peter fights every nerve not to lose his cool, since he knows he could crumple them up into paperweights if he wanted to

I'd have the exact same reaction. This "Lee/Ditko Peter was a dick" meme is retarded. Peter's a hero, but not a saint.

>Be a copfag
>Have loved reading Cap since I was a kid
>See this here for the first time

I can't stop smiling.

I think protesting and letting the burglar run by are under an umbrella somehow in a way i can't explain. It's both times Peter being like "me first". Like people are saying though he's thinking not acting.

It's Ditko's faces that make it seem so mean. Dude's amazing.

The protest thing is not under that umbrella, not even fucking close. He doesn't believe in the protest and he has too much on his mind, like saving innocent people and graduating. He doesn't need to give a heroic speech to everyone.

That's right user, Superman wants you to throw gays off buildings!

Yes anons, Superman stands for tolerance of all people regardless of race, gender, class or religion EXCEPT of course for that one religion that you personally are prejudiced again.

Move to a Muslim country, then tell me how "tolerant" you are user.

No, Trump is a piece of shit and actual scumbag.

>America can't hold itself to a higher standard as Muslim countries
>Muslims in other parts of the world are fucked up people so we should treat the muslims who live in work in the US with contempt and bigotry

Superman would be proud!!

>Sup Forums rhetoric
>higher ground

Pick one

LOL. He's only been president for one day.

>I have nothing to protest about\
>Like, segregation, the illegal war in Southeast Asia or police and/or prison guard brutality.

>Campus protests
>Affecting any of those things in the slightest
Do you think the Dean was going to make a call and stop the illegal war in Southeast Asia?

trumps got a record going back to the 70s tho

Doesn't make Pete being unable to think of a thing to protest about any less absurd.

Are you fucking retarded? Read a book you halfwit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

So they're relying on the police to come and massacre them? Because thats the only reason that protest was notable.

>campus protests did nothing
>Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee wasn't one of the most active and important groups protesting in the 60s
>public opinion had nothing to do with the end of LBJ and Nixon's presidencys

>Sup Forums rhetoric
>facts and history

Pick one

>immigrants would regularly assimilate into western culture.
Hahahaha oh boy.
> tfw I'm an historian

Speaking of Cap looks like Spencer is getting shit on again by the crowd he tries so hard to appeal too

I'm with Spencer usually but he's wrong on that one.

I just want him to ditch Marvel and fucking finish Bedlam.

Ssshhh, they think all that was recently invented recently by SJW's

Exactly. Now that we got th we perfect boy Trump in office, everything's going to be ok

Didn't the radio show cause the KKK to lose a lot of popularity with the public?

Yeah, I'm usually all for we ethnic cleansing, but that's too far

Pence would throw gays of a building if the voices in his head told him to and the crossmuslims voted for that cunt.

>then: morality tales with an actual goal
>now: smug asides that only appeal to your social clique and shit up the flow of the page/scene with """""banter"""""
wow, they're practically identical situations

This user gets it.

Islam isn't inherently bad, but it's still very fire and brimstone in ways that other religions have since abandoned. The Vatican is way more chill nowadays than it was during the crusades, but being gay in Saudi Arabia will still get you thrown off a building.

But he's been a right goofy cunt for way longer than that.

>Muslims in other parts of the world are fucked up people so we should treat the muslims who live in work in the US with contempt and bigotry

I think he was layering it on a little thick, but that's some real nice projecting you got there user.

Real talk, that shit about holding back the electric car is some actual real-life bullshit.

Serpent Society did nothing wrong.

>Islam isn't inherently bad, but it's still very fire and brimstone in ways that other religions have since abandoned.

Or maybe Islam and Christianity are fundamentally different in ways that make Islam incompatible with Western society.

>But muh crusades

Were a response to Muslim aggression.

>that third panel
Why hasn't Cap ranted about smartphones yet? Has he just accepted the way of the world?

>crusades were a response to Muslim aggression.
I mean, technically? But the First Crusade didn't take place where the Muslim aggression was active, Anatolia, but somewhere Muslims had held for hundreds of years. Everything after that were counter-attacks

>But the First Crusade didn't take place where the Muslim aggression was active

Nigga what? When has Muslim aggression never been active. It was a constant threat to Constantinople, and the Crusades also provided an opportunity to retake captured lands.

I'm not sure, but thanks to undercover work by one of the show writers, a great deal of the KKK's secrets and passwords were relayed to the public via the Superman radio show.

Not a show writer, an undercover cop who leaked the information to the show writers. He even fed them new passwords when the KKK changed them

Muslims in the US vote for a pro-gay pro-abortion woman.

Crossmuslims vote for a sex criminal that would make it illegal to have an abortion to save your life if he thought it would help his presidency.

If Muslims in the third world hate gay people that's not something that demonizing Muslims here will help with.

How is he being a dick? he's walking to class and he's being accosted by a bunch of hippie faggots.

>Spencer

I could have sworn it was a writer. This is what I get for watching "Drunk History" once, and also about a year ago.

Regardless, it was hilarious what was happening. It's almost a shame you don't see things like this happening anymore, at least not in comics. Every article out there that attempts to expose and deconstruct the latest and hip new meme always just comes off as cringe.

>Look, whitey

OVER THE LINE

Heh, this happened to me with a BLM demonstration once. The only difference is that they didn't know me and I was going to get a sandwich
Stay mad, this is the future you sowed.

>crossmuslims

The Crusades began when Alexios Komnenos asked the pope for help fight Muslims on his land, in Anatolia. The Pope, however, twisted it into the Retake The Holy Land thing, so the Crusaders basically gave Komnenos the middle finger as soon as they were over the Bosphorus, did fuck all in Anatolia and carved out their own kingdoms in the Holy Land. The Crusaders didn't fight where they were needed.

>16 dollars in drinks
>10k in equipment
>son will probably hang himself in a closet
>daughter already has the makings of a body positivity cow
>poor baby has to grow up either being a mini Steve Merchant or a land whale
I LOVE WHITE AMERICA!

Real talk, though, Christians have a legitimate claim on the Holy Land. Supersessionism, yo.

See this is what I don't get about you guys. If it's someone threatening to beat up liberal strawmen . But if it's a 'libcuck' character or writer says just one thing that insults any sort of right wing instiution then you will be furious.

For example, I bet if I made a comic strip but the MC was getting annoyed by the whole 'We are being oppressed' shit that the right wing seems to have going, then I'd be demonized.

I hate to tell you this but if you believe this stuff isn't just about the right wing it's universal concept.

>did fuck all in Anatolia

Except capturing Nicea and allowing Alexius to recover a number of important cities?

>The Pope, however, twisted it into the Retake The Holy Land thing

Yeah, how dare he try to fight against an increasingly aggressive Islamic presence that was desecrating churches and cutting off routes to pilgrimage sites.

Not a comic panel, but in Marvel Nemises Rise of the Imperfects, the main villain is an alien from another planet that was invaded by "refugees", who began to take over

so. yeah... I think you know where I'm going with this

For every thread you see where that happens, there are an equal amount of threads made up solely of posts like
daisy-chained into one big circlejerk. That's the nature of an anonymous board. Generalizing to that extent is basically just putting a big chip on your shoulder.