Best Alien movies? Preferably abduction and invasion movies

Best Alien movies? Preferably abduction and invasion movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ph_sR51KBi8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been wanting to watch some Alien movies recently too.

hard mode:
grey aliens only

This is one of the best invasions thats for sure.

Xtro and its sequels.
Watch it now, thank me later.

how many of these are there? which is best?

Cowboys and Aliens?

that one sucked ass

honestly spielbergs worst

>xtro
>the absolute city of Sup Forums

>Signs
>aliens

Anyone watched The Fourth Kind?

JFK

First one is really weird but quite good.
Second one is something of an Alien clone but has some neat enough effects to warrant a watch.
Third one is pretty much Predator except instead of having a cuntfaced technowrestler, the predators are big-hdeaded grey-skinned electric-tongued ayylmaos
First is best but second and third are fun. All three have pretty good effect. the pregnency scene in the first is fucking bonkers

ayy

Watch both seasons of People of Earth

nah I dont like Alien and Predator shit its just a shitty horror movie

im more interested in like aliens on normal earth not sci fi aliens but like aliens are sci fi but the rest of the world is still normal

Yeah but Craig was good. I will even not mention Ford who sucks always

ok noted

any more suggestions? last day of the weekend and i need an alien movie

but i think ive seen them all yet

what is this again? Was this with the Owl but it wasn't an owl? Or am I confusing it with the Fourth Kind?

required viewing

It's about the guy who wrote The Hunger
Based on a true story

what year?

Lemme guess, the "dream" was actually an abduction? Why the fuck would the poster spoil that?

>Alien Abduction (2014)
>Tape 407
I watched it and its mediocre but if you are a fan its ok

Anyone saw this movie?

I surprisingly really enjoyed Phoenix Forgotten from earlier this year. It was like a modern Blair Witch Project but with aliens.

>unrated and uncut
looks like an european kino

Anyone seen Skyline?

Opinions?

fire in the sky

Does anyone remember an early 2000s mini TV series that Spielberg had something to do with ,that was about aliens and abductions? I can't remember the name or really anything about it.

yeah i recall something. it was later i suppose but i might be wrong. also spielberg is a shitty director

Communion is great if you wanna be freaked right the fuck out

dunno. probably because it's "based on true events" and they wanted to lure people in with the whole THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED shit

kino

I liked the alien abduction short in VHS 2. It was chaotic in a good way. It might have been VHS 3 actually.

>Get caught watching a loli sleep
>Spotted 5 minutes later trying to whack off in a farmers cornfield
>Accidentally locked himself in the pantry during a failed spaghetti raid on Shyamalan house

Was he /our/ayye?

OP here

going to watch fire in the sky

hope its worth it

Yes and it succeeded in giving me the willies. Dark Skies is similar good film.

been years but i did enjoy this. it had the right tone.

ACK ACK, ACK ACK ACK, AACK ACK

Does anyone remember a TV series where they abducted some guy and he wakes up in like a catacomb in space. He gets out and climbs to the top to what he thinks is an astronaut but really it is just a spacesuit.

There was another scene where a guy is sent back and its his wedding day but they have fucked his vision up and he sees people as aliens causing him to cower under a table.

no

it's weird in that most of the movie you'll be like "why is this so acclaimed" and then the final act just has you shitting yourself

Interstellar

don't act like aliens didn't build the wormhole to give humans a second chance.

William Shatner Excellent Adventure.

Does this look like a grey to you?

i fucking love greys

alien kino youtu.be/ph_sR51KBi8

The 4th kind

dif user but FITS showed that greys look like greys because theyre actually wearing an atmosphere suit when most people encounter them

Gay Niggers From Outer Space

Good luck sleeping tonight user, they're watching.

Technically not an alien movie. Technically. But it might be what you're looking for.

Might have forgotten about that. I haven't seen the movie in a very long time.

Anyone got some good Russian aliens?

Close Encounters
Arrival
The Arrival
Contact
Independence Day
Fire in the Sky
War of the Worlds (Cruise edition)
Paul
The World's End
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
The Invasion
The Signal
The Abyss
Predator
Attack the Block
District 9
Edge of Tomorrow
Evolution
The Faculty

Very spooky! That one was pretty good. What was that creepy name again?

that's why it's such an underrated ayy flick, knows when to show and when not to

This spooked the shit out of me the first time I saw it, and I'm not easily scared. Props to the guy who made it.

fukn lol the alium from 3 looks like a black guy

I remember seeing a film when I was a kid. The one bit I remember was a guy driving away while a crowd of aliens wearing torn business shirts are in the streets firing mind beams or something at him. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Freaked me out.

Indrid Cold. Just remembered. Googled it and found out that wasn't made up for the movie. I'm spooked

same, I was obsessed with them when I was young and now I'm almost disappointed when an alien has a different design

might be they live?

Nah, VHS 3 was pure garbo

Communion is pure garbage. It has a lot of promise at the start, and builds up some decent atmosphere. And then the fucking alien arrives, and it's some cunt from balloonia.
It looks so fake, that it ruins all the creepy atmosphere the film had going for it, and from that point on you can't take the film seriously.

The only correct answer. Film is slow, but it captures the idea and creepiness of an alien abduction perfectly.

It's a hard subject to turn into film, because the abduction is only a small part of the whole experience, and a lot of the smaller details will feel boring to most movie-goers.

It's called Taken

That's fire in the sky. And it wasn't his wedding day, they were celebrating finding him.

Definitely wasn't They Live. Around the same era though. The aliens were sort of big brained purple headed things. It was the fact they were wearing torn human clothes that fucked me up.
It mostly was but I was strangely attracted to that UFO one. Just like the Indonesian one from the second film. Loved that as well.

If I recall, the aliens in communion are supposed to look fake because it's just a mask they are wearing since they can't show their true selves yet or something. I listened to the audiobooks of Communion and it's sequel.

I hope they do

They just look like they are made of balloons. They way they move, the way they look, it all just ruins the immersion of the film.

I read the book as a kid, so I was hyped for the film, and it was going really well until the alien first pops up. A little more effort on the visual fx and it wouldn't have ruined all the tension it built up.

This was a surprisingly good movie

>Do you ever dream about falling into the sun

Nice Sunshine ripoff you got there

>Signs
>War of the Worlds (Cruise)
>The Fourth Kind
>Close Encounters of the Third Kind
>Contact
>The Arrival (Charlie Sheen, not Amy Adams)
My favorites. I'm a pleb, though.

Kevin Costner is ugly, but give him a break.

Well there are two alien ones, in VHS there's the webcam one "The Sick Thing that Happened to Emily when she was Younger" and in VHS there was the Alien Abduction Slumber Party", which I think is what you're talking about.

Ones I can think of are that haven't been mentioned:
Alien Abduction: The Lake County Incident
Absence
Alien Abduction
Extraterrestrial
Intruders
The Wicksboro Incident

Yeah the slumber party, it was full fucking chaos. Loved it.

Nah, I distinctly remember the astronaut part. It sounds the same because the show must've borrowed the same ideas.

Are you, like, from mars or something?

Yeah, good fun. Young Emily Booth :)

>The Fourth Kind
So Good.
Really blurs the mockumentary and dramatization lines for a genuinely creepy Ancient Aliens story.

So good. It kind of wanders around for a while, and then kicks into high fucking gear in the end sequence.
I still get creeped out looking at rain streaked windows.

>Paul
DUDE AYY LMAO

explain

Some neat sequences but suffers at the cost of poor dialogue.

It isn't a masterpiece by any means, but I found pic related pretty fun. The alien was SUCH an evil shithead it was almost comical.

i thought it was kino, i had no expectations going into it though

john carter is good in my humble opinion

>THE best invasions
ftfy

No mention of this kino? I am disappoint, Sup Forums

this 100%

reading the book now. apparently the film is complete trash

>aliens
That's fucking Lionel Prichert and the Wolfington Brothers, ya dummy

The premise is great, but then it falls apart when it becomes about having super-powers and shit.

The actual abduction scene is creepy as hell

Signs is the best alien film ever made, and you're an idiot.

Signs is about a demon invasion.

That movie was godawful. It's literally like a made for tv sci fi channel original movie from the 80s.

Signs is about demons you dolt

Same thing