What was the point of this scene? What did it add to the movie?

What was the point of this scene? What did it add to the movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
youtube.com/watch?v=fEMJ-OoeLyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Crafty filmmaking; they added it to counter the inevitable Cinemasins video about how Pennywise the Dancing Clown didn't dance in the movie.

It's genuinely creepy and not a shitty pop scare or just gore. Don't get why people hate on it that much.

This will scar you if you are below 10

youtu.be/houP7mAjZ0o
best scene in the movie

memes

>Not posting the scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=fEMJ-OoeLyg

The real stupid bit of the scene is how they basically made the point of the story void by making one of the kids able to face Bennywise on her own instead of keeping the theme of strength in unity.

They needed their zeitgeisty Gurl is Stronkest bit in there. It's a movie of extremely well calculated broad appeal

This scene was so fucking goofy, I couldn't watch that jarring motion tracking if his face and not think of idubbbz or cow chop.

>able to face
She got instantly DEADLIT

>What did it add to the movie?
It was an attempt at being creepy by people who can't think of anything scary that doesn't involve a loud noise.

And survived. If you truly get DEADLIT.com your brain melts

kept you posting about it

I still don't understand how Pennywise werks. If he needs to spook somebody to kill them, how was he able to kill Georgie and why did he act friendly, the opposite of spoopy? Then he spooks various kids many times throughout the film but never kills them. And don't give me that playing with a prey shit, he killed the school bully right away. Besides that the most violent thing he did to the Losers was suckling on the jewboys neck for a while.

He doesn't need to scare them. They simply taste better when scared, and he tries to "prime" them and keep them scared and in increasing psychological distress to bring the full potential of the "meat". If he's not in a hurry, he'll fuck around with you for a while, specially if you have "potential" for particularly strong emotions. Plus, you're a kid, you're not really going anywhere

Not that the movie explains it or anything.

I haven't seen this new adaption yet, which I hear isn't super faithful to the novel, but in the novel he just likes how scared children taste and it's his favorite meal of choice. Pennywise doesn't need to scare them first to eat them, or even needs to eat children.

his name is "Pennywise the Dancing Clown"
They had to have at least one scene where he actually danced.

He doesn't need to scare them, but they taste better.

With Georgie it's probably a case of him having just woken up, and needing a snack. He doesn't have the energy to chase Georgie and wait until he is scared enough. So he tries to act friendly to lure him in, so he can get some food down his throat before starting his proper feasting.

Playing 4d chess with the Internet, the absolute madman!

Truly /ourguy/

To lift it from decent to absolute kino

Did they?.....

the black guy laughinng meme sucks ass

is that jared leto

This movie is absolute garbage. It's nonsensical and the fact that it happens to be one of the better big horror movies of the last few years should say something about how bad the horror genre is.

Some kids have a power that Pennywise don’t understand, they are not afraid of him. When he kills one of these kids he absorbs their power and can create a minion. He has two minions so far, a witch and a zombie. With Bev he wants to do research on her before creating a new minion to find out why they have such a power.

She wanted it but he obviously wanted those boipussies

What about it is nonsensical?

Who could genuinely say no to this?

We never learn what happens to the minions for one.

I thought it was because Beverley wasn't scared anymore. The look of cheaper effects was her seeing through the illusion.

Beverley was never scared, she had the power.

Minions?

Pennywise had two minions, a witch and a zombie that he created when he killed kids that had the power.

I don't remember this from the book. Who were the other two kids that weren't scared?

I haven’t read the tie-in novel. We only know of Georgie. We don’t know the third kid.

shut up with this meme

I'm beginning to smell some serious bullshit in this thread.

I think it was meant to be terrifying as the clown does clowny things in an incomprehensible way, but it really just came off as hilarious.

>tie in novel

someone who doesnt care about girls and had seen the boys playing around with their weenies in the lake scene

He's an Argentine, we all know that the whole country swings both ways.

Bill's wife got brought back by a bike ride

For the memes and all the free marketing that would come with them.

I like it too. I laughed at first, but then it got kinda creepy. That was clearly the intended effect if you watch it again now.

WHERE DID YOU COME FROM
WHERE DID YOU GO

Then it still gets a Sin for thinking they outsmart Cinemasins

THREE FROM THE ONE TO THE ONE TO THE THREE

Where the fuck did this meme even come from!?!

It’s from the movie IT

I know, I've seen the movie. What I mean is the guy who keeps posting about "minions" and "the power" on even 'It' related thread. None of this shit is in either the book or the movie.

>what did it add to the movie
The drive for you to make this shitty thread

I haven’t read the tie-in novel but it is in the movie. We talked about it after the movie but we didn’t understand what happened to the minions after they tried to merge with Pennywise.

zero dollars on patreon
faggot, kill self
stop posting shit videos
etc etc

What do you even get out of this?

it's a throwback to the novel

"Tell your friends I am the last of a dying race,' it said, grinning its sunken grin as it staggered and lurched down the porch steps after her. 'The only survivor of a dying planet. I have come to rob all the women...rape all the men...and learn to do the Peppermint Twist!”

the dance he does is the peppermint twist

This failed meme isn't funny and you're wasting your time. It would be a much better use of your time to kill yourself retard.