Totally loses narrative steam in the last half hour...

Totally loses narrative steam in the last half hour. The character interactions lacked the urgency and punch of the earlier scenes. I also HATED the transitions. But it wasn't bad, just disappointing considering Baumbach's last two movies were some of his better ones.

What did you think?

Why are you using literary terms to describe a film?

It's an incredibly dialogue and character-driven movie and the title itself evokes a literary feeling. Hell, the movie is broken into chapters.

Any funny jokes?
Dance number?
Rob Schneider?

there's a Sigorney Weaver cameo!

Why would you willingly watch that? The name Baubach sounds like hipstershit

Because I think he's a more talented and less saccharine Wes Anderson.

wow

It’s like a shitty version of royal tennenbUms with Jews

the Tenanbaums weren't jews?

Howard Hawks, Leo McCarey, Preston Sturges, and Ernst Lubitsch are better

a literal nothing movie

>but you get to see signourney weaver

they've all been dead for several decades.

That daughters art videos
That daughters boyfriend

Hilariously awful. Her dad's reactions to it were hilarious. You could tell he hated it but his liberal sensibilities stopped him from voicing his opinions.

Haven't watched it yet. How did Adam Sandler do?

How many tourists does the Taj Mahal get annually

He was fine, played his appropriately whiny loser character adequately, though he had a couple moments of reverting to his ANGRY SHOUTING schtick. I thought Stiller and Hoffman were considerably better.

>comparing some dead dime a dozen filmmakers to the Taj Mahal

>dime-a-dozen
That's rich coming from someone that loves Baumbach

"love"? Never once said I loved Baumbach or even liked him. Just that he was better than Wes Anderson.

>Hollywood movies are made by some of the worst people in the world

>The Meyerowitz Stories is rooted in New York–Hollywood greed, arrogance, and egocentricity

>the Meyerowitz surname stands for particular family traits of bickering and covetousness

>the Meyerowitz Stories exposes critics’ assumption that depravity is part of their cultural mandate

>like Harvey Weinstein, Sandler’s Danny epitomizes a self-serving weakness...
>the inescapable misery of tribal vanity.

>The critical constabulary ... scared of having to look inside only to be repulsed at seeing their own classist, racist, tribal mediocrity.

Usually people don't eat out of trash cans

/ourfuckingguy/

he's very close to dropping a hard j

I fucking hate Super12. Grainy as fuck and the coloring is weird .

Sandler is a terrific loser, he's a real cringefest. the real highlight.

The Van Patten girl is really hot, those tits.

Noah's love affair with Stiller is bizarre. He brings the best out of him but why even bother, he's so emotionless.

The autistic sister was bang on.

i really liked the pacing, it stretched the standard narrative past breaking point till the characters had no choice but to say, fuck this and want out.

> wealthy, waspy comfiness at its most exposed

>waspy

haha, I meant the other crowd