You may butthurt, when ready

You may butthurt, when ready.

phoneposting faggot

i don't care. they can make 10 seasons, i just don't watch it. i gave it a chance and i'm done with it. end of story.

They said that about Vinyl also...

They do this when a show is slumping to get people to think "oh it must be good they renewed it". Netflix is footing the bill for this trash and they arent being picky atm.

generic politically correct company statements are not worthy of any discussion whatsoever, let alone a thread. Everybody knows that company statements are carefully crafted theater

Well if this piece of shit got a second season expect the announcement of Orville's second and third season renewals in about an hour

It's alright, but haven't payed attention to every episode fully, sorta background noise most of the time.
The marketing and stuff around it disgusts me, especially when the black woman claimed to be the first black lead in star trek.

>They order a whole new season on a failing show because the show is failing

No they don't.

See previous comment about Vinyl. This is just an announcement they can cancel it if they want. You dont know shit about marketing. Excelsior true believer.

They gave Sense 8 a second season bro. The bar is really low.

Sense8 is relatively cheap to produce. Discovery is one of the most expensive TV shows ever made, a network does not renew something like that on a whim.

I don't like it but I'm gonna keep watching. TNG was pretty shit for the first two seasons and ENT got canceled just as it got good. Don't want to run the risk of the same thing happening to STD.

CBS is notorious for canceling expensive shows. Only reason this was renewed was because Netflix is paying for it. Again not a shocker given their quality lately.

You may not like it, but this is what peak Star Trek looks like.

>Sense8 is relatively cheap to produce
You talk about the show that set records in how expensive a tv show can be.

Yeah, Netflix does have a rep for just throwing money around and then going bi-polar and tightening their budgets to the extreme.

>news about a tv show aren't worthy a thread on the board dedicated to tv
>instead we shall open various threads with twitter screencaps and engage in unfulfilling flamewar and brand loyalty

This reminds m of the time my mom was going on holiday, so she gave me her bonsai tree to take care of. It was in pretty rough shape, she's not good at taking care of plants. So while she was away I made sure it got the right amount of sunlight and water, clipped off the dead branches. When she came back it was in much better condition, so she thought I was really into bonsai, and some kind of bonsai-genius. So for the next few years for christmas she'd always get me a bonsai tree, even though I kept saying I only kept it alive because nobody wants a sad little dying tree around the house, and that it was really just straightforward stuff I did to keep it alive that you'd do for any plant, and that I really wasn't that interested in bonsai. I made it quite clear, in my opinion, that I didn't want a bonsai tree, but she kept giving me bonsai trees, that I didn't want. That's how I feel about STD.

This. Sense8 had something like a 100 million budget?

>“From a budget standpoint and a running time, it’s every bit as big, if not bigger, than their feature films,” Sarandos said about Sense8.

Wasn't Sense8 basically a soap opera with some minor scifi stuff? How did it cost so much?

Filmed in 9 countries.

it was readily apparent they were going to keep the shitshow running for as long they kept thinking their single-channel streaming service was going to take off.

Now when fox cancels the orville, then I'll be sad. Sure its basically kickstarter star trek, but its gotten closer to actual science fiction than fucking STD ever will, even if by accident.

Of course. CBS isn't about to throw Star Trek away because they fucked it up. They'll retcon, rework, recast, redesign, prequel, sequel, time shift, or whatever else they think it will take to protect this revenue stream. They've already started to lie about how successful it is. They're just getting started.

more like expect orville to be canceled when fox brings in seth and asks him why the ratings are slumping (compared to STD's bullshit) after they shifted airing times/days around and started in on reruns after only six episodes.

uh, sense8's budget was pretty astronomical due to all the on-location shooting. As they shipped the entire cast/crew around the world.

CBS also need this for their digital service, otherwise the only shit they'll have on it is the Good Wife spin-off.

>CBS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Believing anything this network says.

Supergirl opened to 13 mil. viewers, you cretin.

Its down to 2 mil now. They know how to pick em.

Discovery has Netflix money, thats why they talk about World Wide, thing is that tied to the show there's global rights for Netflix to have all the star trek shows and some movies.

The show may go down in CBS, but the back up money will keep it on screen since CBS only needs medium ratings as average.

2 mill in CW is like 5 mill for CBS. Such a shitty channel

>In just 6 episodes ...

The fact that it's taken this long to announce the renewal is proof positive the show isn't doing well at all and they're so deep in the hole at this point it's a "Hail Mary" thing now to stir up interest.

It's a crappy show, really, and Gene Roddenberry is doing fucking backflips in his coffin over this terrible thing.

>and Gene Roddenberry is doing fucking backflips in his coffin over this terrible thing
I bet he would love STD.

hey, you know, FTWD had a garbage first season but by the end of season 3 it had become almost mediocre. Projecting ahead it could be actually good by maybe season 8 or 9. Let's give STD a chance.

Sense8 was damned expensive. I'm one of those literal faggots who actually enjoyed it though. Show could have been great if the tranny wasn't in it. Worse character ever, was also a selfish terrible monster.

Fuck off then queer

Something tells me he would hate anything to do with prequels. The past was meant to be a mistake we learned from in that universe and the show was supposed to highlight what comes next. They have no vision which is why they keep resorting to the past.

I don’t know what this is, but it looks gay

>Gene Roddenberry is doing fucking backflips in his coffin
Gene Roddenberry was cremated.

His test tube is spinning in low earth orbit as we speak.

Well, it's a good trick.

>Lol another season we win.

wtf NCIS is the best TV show ever made now.

A Second Season that won't even premiere until 2019 because they haven't got a clue what they're doing.

Imagine actually getting upset about a Star Trek TV show

It kinda is desu senpai 15 years and every episode is 6/10 to 8/10 is pretty impressive.

not when CBS already dumped it

t. Grandma

Well that hasn't stopped them so far.

if all they're going to do is throw out random bullshit then its not like they need a whole lot of production time for that.

>DUTCH ANGLES
>LENS FLARES
>ALL SETS (AND PEOPLE) ARE COATED IN VASELINE
>MAKE SURE IT FUCKING SPINS

theyll double down because the IP probably requires X number of seasons to keep the contract, plus it gives them chance to establish cbs live streaming shit

theyve spent too much money to stop after 1 season, this is paying it forward for future 8+ seasons of this shit they intend to chace GOT money

wont ever get the success
and you wont ever see the actual ratings, because nobody fucking payin for that cbs live shit

>Hillary has a 99999999% chance of getting elected!!!! It's HER turn!!!!!
>STD has a 9999999% chance of getting renewed!!!! It's HER turn!!!!

When the fuck will shills learn that they are their own worst enemy?

It is Satan. There was a scene with two gays brushing their teeth with vibrators.