My normie friends have been raving about this show...

My normie friends have been raving about this show. I watched about an hour total and was floored at the amount of propaganda jammed into it. What do you think user? Am I wrong?

It's pretty propaganda heavy the rest of the show.
There's one scene where Frank does a speech about how Carl bullying kids is why they're successful.
Mind you, this was years after that argument was made, so it felt so outdated and tired by the time it aired.
Watch the pilot, last episode of Season 2 then all of Season 4. That's all the show's good for.
Season 4 is one of the best seasons of any show you'll ever watch.

What propaganda?
Watched it for 3 season and I didn't notice anything.

It starts out pretty good then turns to garbage real fast. It essentially starts recycling character arcs so it doesn't have to advance the plot and uses the excuse that "poverty is a vicious cycle" as an excuse. William H. Macy basically shows up and plays the same character for 8 seasons with no changes at all. That's fine for a sitcom that revolves around week to week episodes but for a show that tries to straddle the line between sometimes funny and melodramatic most of the time it's a really shitty way of going about things. It's essentially a soap opera about poor people.

Why is it called shameless when I feel a strange admiration for how they live their lives? Was this invoked emotion intended?

>be season 6/7
>a white kid is literally is trying to be black
>whole family is poor living of government handouts, the show makes it funny and endearing
>main characters who is only ethical one is the outcast and portrayed as a bitch
>white gay dude chasing black gay dude, gay dude acts like a chick "whoa im not a slut"

Just watch the original version

the crazy lady who doesn't go outside is really pretty

Season 1 is the most comfy marathon. Best episodes in the series are winter episodes. Prove me wrong

i was shocked at how good season 4 was. seasons 1-3 are comfy character sitcoms with good interlinking storylines in a confined setting, but nothing super special. really only good for making you feel like a part of that world.

but holy shit did season 4 blow me away, and i thought it started off weak but was totally proven wrong

>YOUR FAULT! NOT MINE!

>Am I wrong?
yes, you people need to stop crying "propaganda" every time you disagree with the worldview of a show's creators/writers

That should've been the series finale.

wait the propaganda thing isn't a meme?

normies believe shows that pushes SJW ideals is some how deep and saying something cause the normies are only exposed to shit that maintain the for the last generation there is a new status quo and the normies are just catching up to it

thats why this dog shit got so popular

someone coming from seinfeld and big bang theory last generation status quo seeing faggots fuck on tv or watching a 12 year old jack off on netflix will call it deep and woke

best girl

god i fucking hate her. the minute she started going through puberty her character was ruined forever. disgusting

true

Shamelessness and confidence are two sides of the same coin.

The show is literally about showing a bunch of cartoonized weirdos in a sympathetic light. Even when they shoehorned a trannie into the mix, I thought this was one of the few shows where it makes sense to do so.

its not a matter of disagreeing with the creators or writers, its recognizing the agenda the jews push into the show to normalize shit that will make them more money at the expense of the the health of society

I've seen the first season and liked it. About halfway through Season 2 and it seems to be going into a different direction.

>Always hear girls rave about Lip
>Look him up
>He's fuck ugly
So this just pretty much proves girls can be brainwashed into wanting to fuck ugly people if a tv show portrays them as "cool" enough?

Or that being famous will get you laid even if you look hideous (which is already obvious)

why did lip turn into such a pussy
why was karen such a cunt

just an hiro already.

most def! It started out as a good show the first couple seasons. But the WHM character got old really fast. And fucking Fiona, is there a more punch able character ever?

Season 5 Cancer Doctor is a CUTE

Even though the storylines have been pretty shit for most of the characters in the latter seasons (Lip and Debbie especially, although single mom Debbie at least had some potential), I've been consistently enjoying this show. V and shirtless muscle idiot losing the bar to Russian ice queen was also handled pretty sloppily. Honestly, once the plot was "He got into MY COKE", I pretty much stopped caring about what happens to everyone and just hope that the episode has some laughs.

mickey was the best character. fight me

no youre right it has a lot of propaganda. my floor normally wouldn't tolerate this much but the way its presented I guess it seems sincere to him. I thought the show was unrealistic garbage.

I actually felt angry at how they live their lives.

*friend not floor

Pretty sure this is season 4.

The show jumped the shark with the Liam and Coke storyline, and I just couldnt bring myself to care or even watch later seasons

absolutely plebian, season 4 was easily the best season. it was however never the same after that season because they could never recapture the comfiness of seasons 1-3 or make as good a drama as season 4

He has the best coming out of the closest scene

>I'M A FAGGOT

>American Shameless
No thanks

>>>/brit/

>South Chicago
>literally one black person on the Gallaghers entire street

I think it's a great show

>nazi
>crying about diversity
really makes you think

this is after Bianca died, moran

I remember hearing the producers were trying to set the show in the South or a trailer park but the creator pushed back against it

no it isnt its at the end of season 4 when frank got his new liver

whateva adolf

when was that?

>just finish s3
>see this
God damn

Kek how does that nigga lose the bar to the Russian bitch? Da fuk

>What do you think user?
Holy crap dem titties, mostly. Especially the dying doctor and the professor from, like, the second last season I think? Holy fucking hell do those make for some high qualities chesticle action.

Lots of feet scenes of the main character, forget her name. Decent show.

Emmy Rossum shows her tits almost every episode

He's a total butterface but in the later seasons he's got the ideal ottermode body plus he's a genius and troubled. Girls want to save him knowing that if they did they'd be set for life financially because he's a genius and because abs.

cool it jamal

yeah in the first couple seasons
i swear to allah she got a contract change where she hides those rosey nipples now

Yep.

It was fucking near perfect

when does best boy return from mexico?

>implying you never talked to your boipussy

Post webum of girl eating cereal

Joan Cusack is attractive in a very unconventional way. Maybe it's her demeanor i dunno. But i like her too.

Season 1 is the only good season, and even it has some serious flaws in tone

everything else is recycled garbage

It's not really a show about poverty, the family is about a really trashy lower class family. Not bottom of the barrel, they still have a house and some nourished bodies

The American version is an absolute abortion.
Watch the original UK version, it's 1000% better.

America has an obsession of making remakes of amazing UK shows and making them fucking shockingly shite... like The Inbetweeners, The IT Crowd...
Americans can't do proper comedy.

>the amount of propaganda jammed into it.

Welcome to Showtime. I challenge anyone to find a show on Showtime (with the exception of Twin Peaks The Return, and maybe Dexter) that is NOT loaded with upfront social conformist propaganda.

This.
Had the same reaction.
Tbh, made me view any "friends" who liked this in a very new light. Especially multiple seasons. Only show I ever turned off during first ep due to it being so cloyingly, proudly degenerate. This series is actual Cultural Marxism.
Imagine your future wife being a huge fan of this in her 20s or teens? Value system outta wack.

Also puzzling how the same "friends" think Vice Principals is "problematic".

>made me view any "friends" who liked this in a very new light

My friend and I are almost the exact opposite of the strawman you're building for Shameless fans. Trannies are mentally ill, you should raise your own kid instead of letting the sytem do it, hunting is a great source of meat, certain minority groups complain too much and don't do anything to help themselves. Aaaaaand we both enjoy this show. It helps that we grew up poor, so we can relate to the struggle.

I never said pic was season 1. But it is a winter episode

the entire message of the show is "morals are something you can only afford if you have money"

i hope nobody walked away from this show unironically wanting to be a part of it. all the characters do terrible things

Still salty about The Office, huh?

Why the fuck did they butcher Jimmy/Steve's entire character. What were they thinking?

>i hope nobody walked away from this show unironically wanting to be a part of it. all the characters do terrible things
user, i...

Yeah, the show seems really Jewy. The other kid had the Chinese baby and that's where I dropped the show.

>Also puzzling how the same "friends" think Vice Principals is "problematic".
why is vice principals problematic?

Which main character is the ethical one you are talking about...

Post pics I dropped this retarded show in season 2

It's been declining in quality for a while. Seasons 1-3 are good, but flawed, Season 4 is great, Seasons 5-7 are bad, but 7 improved slightly.

I'm only interested in the meth plotline and how Kevin and V get the bar back. Lip and Fiona haven't been interesting for a while, once Mickey left Ian went to shit as well, and Frank is just Frank, a decent laugh and nothing more. Carl is ok, but Debbie is the worst.

Sooo things that happen in real life?

Not that user, been pissed off ever since you turned the existential masterpiece of soul-eating utter darkness worthy of Beckett with a bad hangover we knew as Steptoe and Son into utter shite.

They tried to do Fawlty Towers at least twice. In one incarnation, they wrote out the Basil Fawlty character altogether and gave all his funny parts to Bea Arthur. It did not go well. I had high hopes for the show with John Laroquette but it sucked too.

you sound like a faggot lol

I only watched for the sex scenes

Read the AV Club's triggered essay about it. White men firing a black woman, the blacks acting black, the male gaze, the women being crazy.

That is the most ridiculous "message" I've heard. Hollywood and NYC runneth over with rich degenerates. American values were founded and nurtured by poor farmers and working class whites. And this show doesn't really convey that message, because fans think its all edgy and funny. It's a melting pot shit show.

you are retarded. that is literally the central theme of the show. it's why every single character does depraved and repulsive things but nobody in the show bats an eye; because from their frame of reference it's all part of what they have to do to get by. the viewer is asked to like and connect to these depraved characters by ignoring the awful things they do because theyre all dirt poor and looking deeper to find decent people underneath. but that doesnt mean the viewer should want to be these characters

if you cant see that after several seasons watching this show i suggest you never graduate to watching anything even slightly more involved

>no argument to be found
it didn't really make you think though did it?
otherwise you might have had something to say

This show is a fucking pile of hot, steaming shit. But, I love Kevin. He's one of the few likable characters.

plot of the show is "fucked up characters do fucked up shit", you are not supposed to like their behavior all the time

I was close to dropping this show when they made redheaded guy bi-polar, so now they have an excuse to make him stupid shit without any explanation except "lol he's crazy". I just skip segments with this guy, he has no point

*make him do stupid shit