Steven Universe returns February 16

Steven Universe returns February 16.

>The New Crystal Gems
>While Steven and the Gems are busy in space. Connie, Lapis, and Peridot look after Beach City.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8
tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/steven-universe-the-new-crystal-gems/EP016164320992?aid=tvschedule
youtube.com/watch?v=k4UqS07qgT4
youtube.com/watch?v=2T1YrR_fBK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not gonna lie, that sounds like the single greatest episode ever.

Only if they recreate this scene with them beating down Lars.
youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8

The show has never deviated from Steven's POV. I doubt they will end that now for no good reason.

>No good reason
The premise a lone is good reason. Besides, that's faulty reasoning. Peridot never appeared until she did, Steven never could summon his shield until he did. Nothing ever happens until it does.

It could work but it would need to be framed as a flashback

also Lapis is not a CG

But there is a good reason. A team is gone and B team is specifically called in to hold down the fort. Something always happens.

They did for most of the Keep Beach City Weird found footage episode.

>no source

fake and gay, besides it returns on January 30th with the space arc

it feels like she's been drafted into the gang by sheer plot convenience (and gayness)

tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/steven-universe-the-new-crystal-gems/EP016164320992?aid=tvschedule

doesn't say lapis or peridot, but they specifically told connie, lapis and peridot to watch over beach city, and the episode title is plural, so...

You know the whole space arc was leaked right?

>it would need to be framed as a flashback
Why?

It'll be a flashback when the CGs get back to Earth with Connie, Lapis, and Peridot relaying the information to Steven.

They'll probably just cheat by starting the episode with Steven and the gems landing the spaceship; Connie comes running, "Steven! Guess what happened while you were gone!"

Faulty reasoning? You are comparing events to the show's actual format and you accuse me of faulty reasoning? You might as well pulling the idea out of your ass that the next episode will be live-action.

So is that the episodes after the leak?

Or this:
youtube.com/watch?v=k4UqS07qgT4

It's not gonna happen, but I'd love a shitty Crystal Gem B-team show intro.

Honestly I just want an intro that shows all the new characters that have been added since season 2 began. Or at least Lapis and Peridot.

>Lapis singing
Hmm.

When the fuck is Lapis going to get away from Peridot and interact with Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl?

Two Words:

>Lapis makes the both of them worship her feet for the duration of their mission

So is shit going to get real or are they going to get into wacky hi jinks

>yfw this actually comes true

You anons are biting into this head canon hard. Will you be disappointed when the "protect Beach City while we are gone" thing amounts to nothing?

Does Connie shits in the street? What would happen if Steven shat himself? Would he cry or sing about it?

A corrupted gem will show up, and Peridot and Connie will be enthused, while Lapis will reluctantly tag along due to Steven asking her to if nothing else. Peridot will try way too hard and overthink everything and Lapis won't try at all. Connie will serve as straight man.

I havent been on this board in years

Im amazed this thread even exists

This show fucking sucks and youre all morons

He would cry and sing at the same time.

...Is that really how you see Lapis? Just a pair of feet and a bad attitude?

It will not amount to anything we logically expect.

>The one single time a normal everyday crime occurs in Beach City
>Robbers try to hold-up mr.Smiley as he is emptying the till of his daily takings
>Voice behind them "Hey."

Far, far way, orbiting distant Jupiter, is the moon Europa, an ice-covered sphere. However, tidal forces induced by the giant planet have heated the core of the moon, causing volcanic activity, so that under a mile of ice there is an ocean of water. A completely covered, dark-as-midnight, mostly very cold ocean. Deep in its abysses, deeper than any on Earth, there are volcanic chimneys, which pump chemical nutrients, churning superheated poison, into the ocean. Around these hot spots, as on Earth, life has emerged: simple micro-organisms which subside on the chemical energy. And, also as on Earth, evolution has created predators: Millimeter-long worms, colorless, sightless, possessing only one sense: taste, who feed on the micro-organisms. And what eats, secretes: the little worms produce waste - but what is waste to one, is a feast for another, and their excrement is sustenance to another, even smaller species of worm.

And even these little worms, which spend their entire lives eating worm shit at the bottom of a cold, dark ocean, think you are pathetic.

>beating down Lars
Don't you mean beating down Sadie?

Why would you want to beat up Lars? Life it's self already does that.

That and her midriff is all that she has.

Exactly what I wanted when they went to space

But oh boy, if he ever hit her...

sounds like it'll take place while Steven and co. are in space. How will they somehow involve Steven in this episode? Through a communicator from the Ruby Ship?

This. Would it be that hard to have
>Garnet, Amythest, Peridot, and Pearl
>And Steven
In the intro?

>Show all about women fighting and occasionally getting the beat down from giant monsters
>redpills still think women can't get hit in the series.

user giant women/space lesbians getting hit by monsters in a supposedly badass fight is one thing.

Showing a girl getting punched in the face while not in a fight scene is another.

Whatever helps you hate that girl who doesn't notice you.

Probably at the end.

Or, at the start "How did it go, guys? Everything all right?" and they are surrounded by smoking rubble, Peridot is running around in circles screaming with her hair on fire and Lapis is "Ummm..."

Cue flashback.

Oh, I agree, but can you imagine Lars hitting Sadie like that? How would the various parties respond?

And don't call me 'redpill', fuckface.

You're retarded, user. Getting hit by monsters is completely different from Sadie getting hit by Lars because he's displeased with her actions.

Sadie even got beat up by a monster in Island Adventure.

If you don't want to be called redpill, try not sounding like one.

>>While Steven and the Gems are busy in space. Connie, Lapis, and Peridot look after Beach City.

I read it as

>took over Beach City

as I scrolled past. Which is much funnier.

They did that before, though.

Stop it with this binary bullshit. Why does this always happen? You're either a tumblrite or a redpilled MRA'er.

Also I repeat my question: can you imagine Lars hitting Sadie like that? How would the various parties respond?

...That could totally happen. A martial law sort of thing.
"Oh, my god. How does Steven handle this normally? They're all suicidal idiots!"

>It's a Connie, Lapis, and Peridot episode
Please don't be a Zuke episode.
Please don't be a Zuke episode.

I like Connie and Peridot by whomever boards, but Zuke's Lapis is the worst.

Can I imagine Lars sissy slapping Sadie after she was a jerk? Yeah.

It isn't like she punched him in the mouth. Slaps like that are practically flirting.

Technically they were fighting

Yeah, but Zuke's Peridot is the best.

I'm conflicted.

Pretty sure you're not allowed to hold that opinion on Sup Forums

Sorry, I've been gone a while. Last time I was here, Sup Forums worshiped Zuke the Duke.

1) Fight scene
2) By another girl.

No. Doesn't count.

>leash doesn't get shorter as it wraps around the tree

This triggers my autism.

>Why?
cause that's the only time we've had things break from Steven's perspective for more than a couple seconds(except in Say Uncle)

Zuke was once the Duke, but at long last she failed to juke and was rebuked and nuked. Now she is reduced to just another tumblr-tard puke.

Sad, but what more can one expect of a fujoshi?

Yeah, but did anything about the quality of her boarded episodes change?

I liked you Lapisfags more when you were relatively silent and melancholy, didn't bother anyone beyond spamming fan art of Lapis. Now you are basically the entire hatedom of Zuke.

>Lapisfag
Lapis isn't even in my Top 5. And I never really liked Zuke.

The important thing is: What are they going to do with the rubies?

I want the rubies to just get stranded on Earth, and go about living their lives in some city far away from the crystal gems.

Because I feel like the rubies are too stupid to figure out how to connect with any homeworld tech that Earth is probably riddled with.

I'm struggling to determine if Lapis is indeed the best girl.

I wanna like her because she's a QT but I feel like she's not really into anything..

It is a long and tortured story that I'm not sure if I even remember all the details, but basically she's not on the staff anymore due to a giant meltdown.

The actual details have never been released, but the most common rumor and the circumstantial evidence seems to be that Zuke was pushing for more creative control, specifically to focus the show more explicitly on Peridot and Lapis being a gay relationship between two non-neurotypical people, Sugar said hell no, and Zuke threw a tantrum that got her kicked off of the staff.
Somebody leaked posts from a restricted access blog that was never proven for sure to be Zuke's, but appeared very strongly to be Zuke's personal blog to bitch over everything.

Also, supposedly Zuke has bipolar disorder and wasn't taking her meds. If that's true then I can believe that something similar did happen for real, as I lived with someone like that for a while and I can say that unmedicated bipolar people are not fun to be around at all. It's like a disorder that specifically makes you into a giant asshole.

Do we have any hard proof Zuke isn't on the staff anymore? I've heard talk about her melting down, but considering her normal blog is always just occasional sketchy doodles, it is hard to tell any difference between now and when she was part of the crewniverse.

>It's like a disorder that specifically makes you into a giant asshole.
It's a disorder that makes you feel miserable all the time.

You might be forgiven for thinking the disorder causes the assholishness.
No, that's the being miserable part.

I suppose I should take a lesson from the show and try to feel more empathy for others unlike me. What can I say, I recognize that holding grudges is a flaw of mine.

I don't think I ever actually took the time to look that up. I seem to remember that someone in /sug/ did, but I can't remember what they found. And now do you really wish to brave the /trash/ threads?

>next episode will be live-action
>it's just 11 minutes of Rebecca bothering her little brother

>/trash/
No, no. I guess I'll just take what I get.

>but I can't remember what they found
thery found this

>I suppose I should take a lesson from the show and try to feel more empathy for others unlike me. What can I say, I recognize that holding grudges is a flaw of mine.
In fairness it's easy to go off when you're off your meds. Or on them sometimes. Moodswings with bipolar disorder are pretty normal. Depending on which type you are, you can go from the manic to the depressive stage once every month or so.

Or every week.
Or every day.

Or if you're really unlucky, every few hours or so. Shifting from manic to depressive. Understand, of course that the manic phase encompasses more than just elation and happiness, but can include other high energy emotions like anger or paranoia or fear.

The depressive phase is generally categorized by depression but once again, that's not the only emotion that can come as a result including anxiety, sleepiness or just a lack of overall motivation or interest.

Medication for bipolar disorder often comes in two distinctive types. Including mood elevators and mood STABILIZERS. And it's not like you're going to get a benefit if you don't have bipolar if you take either. Stabilizing your mood is as important as keeping it elevated. Otherwise you can start cycling fast and hard into a lot of different hard to handle emotions.

The short version is, it can make your emotions really unstable and that can make interactions with other people difficult since it means small things can set you off in either direction. Or first one direction, then the other.

She's pretty, but boring.

I guess you could say she's pretty boring.

Jewelry.

...You too, huh?

Don't really see what they can do besides poofing and bubbling them. They're simpletons who have been give fairly clear orders. Plus their target has been corrupted, poofed and bubbled.

Although I guess it could segue into a "redemption" (quotations marks emphasized) arc for Jasper. The rubies keep throwing a big stink until Amethyst deliberately pops Jasper's bubble and releases the furious, mindless beast, and the rubies try to reason with it until they're forced to poof her themselves.

In tears, they bewail her and wonder aloud if she is lost forever. (Song? Wouldn't that be great, the rubies singing together?) And Steven vows to save Jasper.

Everything we've seen of the Ruby in Garnet makes me think she's only marginally smarter/less bullheaded than normal Rubies, so I feel like it might not be impossible to reason with at least some of them.

Only quartz gems are good enough to be waifus. All quartz are THICC!
Other gems are shit in comparison

youtube.com/watch?v=2T1YrR_fBK4

Title is legit
Synopsis is legit but doesn't mention Lapis or Peridot
Airdate is bloody bullshit, never trust Zap2it with airdates, they are just placeholder dates.

>implying

I just want to hear that song.

Five of them praising the way they see Jasper - Doc calling her a great commander, Army admiring her strength, Navy making some romantic remark, Nuby saying how smart she was and Eyeball commending her ruthlessness - with our Ruby interfering every few lines "She wasn't all that!".

All.the.GOOD.quartz are THICC

WDC

>post YFW this emded up being her canon characterization.

Y-Yes. I love her and I love her feet.

>rub

b-boner

This is cliche as hell, but what if Connie played a mayor role in Jasper's redemption?

In the middle of one of her attacks, Jasper is fought by Connie with the help of her newly acquired fencing skills and Steven himself. Jasper is barely held back, but she's impressed by the power coming from the bond of the two.
This gives her a different view over the value of Earth and its habitants.

that of course is not how it is going to play out and there are other factors that obviously need to be adressed such as the Pink Diamond thing, but I am just too tired to bother

Probably some huge ass currupted gem that not even Lapis can defeat solo.

Jasper nowadays doesn't seem the archetype to respect strength. I feel like most of her characterization now comes from her being "perfect" and dealing with having to live up to these expectations.

>nowadays
Is she even coming back? I have this nagging fear that just being another bubbled corrupt gem was basically going to be the end of her entirely.

>February 16
For three fucking years i have suffered the airing schedule

I hope Jasper doesn't get redeemed. I hope she goes nuts and tries to force a fusion with a diamond or the cluster or something to beat the Crystal Gems.

Of course she's coming back. Her later sympathetic portrayal, and Steven own regrets being shown all point to Jasper's eventual return. The question is not if, it's when.

Her feet are nothing special.

How about... Blue Diamond's feet?

That just sets her up as the key piece to saving all the corrupted gems. We know Steven's gonna do it. Centipeetle showed it.

>Jasper fights Stevonnie
>Blushes like a maiden
>Quartzes express their affection through rough-and-tumble playfighting
>It's also how they fuse
>Obviously Jasper is usually dominant
>She wants to fuse with Stevonnie
>...But not as the dominant party for a change

...I should screencap this...
...it should give my therapist useful information when the time comes.

Isn't there an interview with Sugar where she explicitly says that Jasper deeply loathes herself due to her origin?

That's kind of an interesting characteristic for a gem who's supposed to be like, the Aryan of her kind.

The entire point of Jasper's character is the old "Just because you're perfect on the outside doesn't mean that you are on the inside" thing. Maybe she's physically as perfect as a Jasper can get, but she's freaking bonkers mentally. I'm surprised how many people seem to miss this. Not you specifically, and certainly not all of them, but a lot of Jasper fans seem to radically mischaracterize her.

Jasper being "perfect" is the only reason why she gets to be an active soldier. All the other Earth quatrzes are either bubbled or benched in the middle of nowhere, only kept alive out of Blue Diamond's sentimentality induced mercy. Jasper probably constantly gets shat on for being an Earth gem, both behind her back and maybe upfront.