Actually Underrated

Movies that don't deserve the hate. No bait or meme choices.
Pic related is a classic imo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_MFt08wEUOQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally only good live action anime movie and I dont even like anime

Speed Racer was 100% kino. That fast and colorful action had me entranced.

This movie was so fucking cheesy but I kinda like it
The vampire actresses were fucking ridiculous

I re-watch every 3 or 4 years. It's not LOTR-tier annual rewatch, but it's still good.

Wearwolves, Frankenstein's monster, flying devil-Dracula. It had it all.

A very solid 8/10 movie.

as good as John Carter or The League of extra ordinary gentlemen.

Hansel and Gretel too.

This movie was hated?

Universally shat on.

>All characters screaming: the movie

Yeah, it was a piece of shit

she's our girl

The Brothers Grimm

Fuck you

Good choices, especially Van Helsing. It's just a comfy adventure movie with a cool premise and excellent set and costume design.
Neither of these count. Both are usually liked and got good reviews.

Smokin Aces

Waterworld
Village of the Damned - wtf so underrated
Titan AE - killed Dragon's Lair creator's career
Poltergeist III - scariest one, disturbing lonely vibe
Mouse Hunt
Little Man Tate

it's pure fucking kino. I remember seeing it in the theater

Better than the first book imo.

It's shit, TV series is much better

Masterpiece.

>romantic derailing subplot
For what purpose?
I know it was originally Adams' idea, but I seriously doubt he intended it to supplant half the actual material.

soloman kane
season of the witch
blak death

all kino

Genuinely more fast-paced, fun and exciting than the original

Wtfamiwatching

Said who? We're just saying it's abit underrated, not hated. Get some glasses? or eye drops? Maybe you need more sleep, you're not seeing things properly. Do that thing where you look away from your screen, stare at something approx 20feet away (out of the window) for afew minutes, it refocuses your eyes.

Doesn't deserve the hate.

Congo
Escape from LA
Pain & Gain
Punisher: War Zone
Sahara
Tango & Cash
The first two XXX movies
Superman Returns

kill me, pete

not him but
>movies that don't deserve the hate

ehh
it's no masterpiece but certainly not as bad as many think

These 2 Disney movies

It's an assault on consciousness. You literally need to turn your brain off to enjoy this.

No one hates those, they're just not appreciated as much as they should be.

>Waterworld
FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO GETS IT

Treasure Planet is a fantastic movie, kind of glad it never got a sequel because I'd be afraid they'd fuck it up

keep this thread going.
I agree with most posts here.

>Sahara
Unfortunately it bombed. I'd like to see more Dirk Pitt movies. But it was to be expected to flop due to it displaying muslim culture in a positive light so shortly after 9/11.

Escape from LA 100%

That movie was just 10 years ahead of its time. It's the ultimate grindhouse resurgence film about 10 years before "Grindhouse". People just weren't ready. LA is even better than NY in my book. Carpenter/Russel can do no wrong.

I completely agree. Speed Racer was criminally underrated.

top tier waifus and some fun music, I'll give it that

Muh Israeli soldier is the only survivor. Dirdcted by (((Nimrod))). Into the trash

Atlantis is KINO

I really liked Snowpiercer, gotta respect a man accidentally saving humanity by having a hard-on for trains.

fuck right the fuck off.

you're allowed to like it, but BETTER than the original?

This was hilarious beginning to end. Definitely comedy kino.

Pain & Gain is amazing. I'm going to watch it again because of you.

Snyder is such a fucking weeb.
He should've just financed an anime instead.

I was born ready motherfucker

I want Gemma Arterton to be the rural innkeeper's daughter who comes in and performs sexual pagan spells on me

Hey, it's the Israeli sniper AND the Jew mercenary that survived. Your Anti-Semitism is lacking, youngling.

The “lion king” scene is cringe though

nope fuckoff this shit was bad

t. watched the dvd of blade 2 like 100 times

It was praised, but not enough.

Unironically Die Hard 4
It gets a lot of hate for being later than the first 3, but I'd say it's on par with 1 and 3, and definitely better than 2

Now look here you piece of shit..

Probably the most sincerely feminist blockbuster ever. Because it admits that "girl power" is just a fantasy.

>but I'd say it's on par with 1 and 3
No
>and definitely better than 2
Still no.

exactly why I posted in ITT, plebs

Are you a fan of the Fett?

Jesus christ user, get out of here, your pleb taste could be infectious.

ok bar none - this is the dumbest fucking thing i have ever seen, and ive watched GoT, and TwD in their entirety

Noice dubs OP...I kinda like this movie...a story of man against the world desu...all he wanted to do was mow lawns...

does

Sigh hard

never seen a movie with production design like this and likely never will again

WATERWORLD WAS DENNIS HOPPER KINO

oh and
JACK BLACK KINO

No pure trash.

I find the idea of a nearly retired cop getting tangled up in a cyber-scheme that he knows fuck all about with an actually interesting villain more intriguing than the 2 almost cartoon-esque evil bad guys trying to free their boss. Olyphant's character doesn't come even close to Rickman's and Iron's characters, but man was it entertaining.
I still very much enjoy 2

2 was objectively the best one you pleb. 1 and 3 were good, 4 was ok, 5 never existed

The best thing about 2 was the return of Sgt Powell

Nothing But Trouble

Most shit on comedy in recent memory. I saw it at the movies, it felt "big" and was goofy. But I was never bored. Then I've seen like four times since, often just playing on TV as it used to, and it's comfy. I wish more movies took the time to design sets like this. Say what you want but NBT is original, nothing else feels like it. This movie killed Ackroyd and Chase's careers, and forever cooled John Candy as a draw. Also Taylor Negron is great in it. And 2pac. Girls like this movie if you know what I mean

at last, a true patrician

I unironically love this film, Chevy Chase is one of my comedy heroes, muthafucka is dry.

Coppola's Dracula was horribly received upon release. It was crazy. Arguably best Dracula movie ever made, one of Oldman's craziest performances, and no one cared.

Oldman always does his best acting in terrible films for some reason.

Damn is he good at bughouse

yeahh

My little buttercup!

It's low brow but intentionally so. It's hard to express how hated this movie was in the 90s. It was a punch line. I don't think Ackroyd ever directed a movie after this. And Demi Moore was hot back then.

>when the Judge eats that wiener

Excalibur. Such a beautiful, rich film.

>that fat woman waddling in at 00:04

Fuck yeah, need more historicalfictionrevisionist-kino

Pssshhh, don't you weirdo's know what's popular and cool?

youtube.com/watch?v=_MFt08wEUOQ

Jeez, it's like you dorks don't have friends and have never kissed, hahahaha, didn't they play this song at your prom?

1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dogshit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>Israeli soldier

Wasn't it some black ops chick, even though there is no such thing as a "black ops", that's only what the operations themselves are referred to as and not the soldiers?

Don't even joke about that.

The Halloween remake is 100% better than the original.

I loved speed racer. Im surprised it did not do well at the box office. I was 11 when it came out and it was eveything a kid would love in a racing movie. It has crash and loops and it was like hot wheels the movie.

Way too convoluted for very little payoff. The art direction and cinematography was spectacular though.

>LA is underrated
ok
>LA > NY
stop right now.

Is this really underrated? I thought everyone enjoyed it.

Honestly, the movie is one of a kind in how it looks. I don't think anything else has been made that's as simultaneously colorful, fast-paced, and eccentric as it is.