I just watched the latest QI on a whim and was surprised how good it was...

I just watched the latest QI on a whim and was surprised how good it was. I dropped it around the L series but decided to give it another try. I thought Sandi Toksvig would be terrible but it turned out the opposite.
I think I'll go watch the episodes I missed.

Anyway, general QI thread I guess, or other comedy.

ha ha

I'd rather not watch Mrs Doubtfire and F-list has beens try and be quirky and funny for 50 minutes thank you very much

>it's a Nina Conti episode

why claudia winkleman?

Say what you want about QI but at least they can see a disaster when it happens which is why she never appeared again

Drink every time she says "boys"

I do love the episodes with the guests never asked to come back, really tickles my schadenfreude. Any idea if there's a list of them out there somewhere?

Sandi was always my favorite female guest. She's as intelligent as Stephen only isn't 100% crippled by depression. Alan could do with a hug tho.

She's not as charming as Stephen.

Aye there isn't any gay banter between young guests and Stephen. It's a real shame...

No list I could find. The wiki has a list of number of appearances but it only goes down to 3 episodes. Other than Nina Conti there was that American guy who appeared as a fifth guest, and that doctor in the episode Illness never got invited back.
They have A-list celebrities now and then like David Tennant, Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Thompson and Carrie Fisher, but they were all great, just too famous to become regulars.

Claudia made the episode, hope she comes back.

>Alan Davis appears in over 200 episodes of QI over the course of almost 15 years
>Is only worth £3 million

Has he ever asked for a pay raise?

i hope she brings her snapper back

>Sandi was always my favorite female guest. She's as intelligent as Stephen only isn't 100% crippled by depression.
Agreed, I always liked her appearances, she's intelligent, witty and funny.

>Alan could do with a hug tho.
You can say that again, he seems really depressed at times. I saw him live two years ago and he almost broke down halfway through

Didn't Claudias daughter die or something?
That's why she stopped doing panel shows so much.

I don't know how it works in the UK, but I heard that in the US it's usual that you get a pay rise for each new series you do. I bet he gets a nice paycheck, but if this was America he would be payed 3 million per episode rather than for 200 episodes.

What was she thinking when Sandi was talking about Cocaine?

Alan very much fits into the the sad comic cliche.

>Stephen
>intelligent

sandi's a good host i especially like her on fifteen to one

I don't think I ever saw the last episode with Stephen. What happened?

>Looking through episodes list
>Le "UKIP!!?!?!?" man is never a listed guest
What happened to that cunt? Did the rest of England finally realise how unfunny he was?

He sorteed some coke and threatened to kill himself if the pope didn't denounce his faith.

Nothing special, no fanfare or goodbye. His last episode was just like any other, with no mention of it being his last.
I think that was the best way to go about it

that show is mediocre and pompous.
Just
Stephen
Fry.

No, caught on fire because of a cheap halloween costume.

They do still make references to Fry in just about every episode though

Why don't they have Fry on as a guest?
Is he too busy plundering his bf's bootyhole?

I'd love to see him come back as a guest, but it seems to be an unwritten law because things like that never happen. Once you distance yourself from a project, you never come back. Still, imagine a panel
>Toksvig hosting
>Stephen Fry
>David Mitchell
>Bill Bailey
>Alan Davies

That episode where Fry and Davies switch seats at the end was hilarious.

>that panel

A man can dream, user.
A man can dream.

I feel like fry could be back in a couple season at least as a recurring guest or main host

>4 male guests
Pfff do you even know the modern BBC?

I want a Jewish MILF gf so bad, lads

It seems like the show is getting wilder under Sandi
lol'd when all three male panelists walked off in the new episode, not to mention Alan sitting in Phill's lap

didn't joe cornish go out with her?
good lad

Why'd they walk off?

They got tired of Claudia and Sandi

she has sexy hair and eyes

and sexy feets

mummy

He was sick of QI after filming three episodes in one day for the his last series, called it a day after that and after it was all filmed

Sandi's always been one of the better panelists, but she works better as a host

He knows Yewtree is on to him and he doesn't want to taint the show

Sandi is literally the only good female guest who was ever on the show