Why did it take me this long to watch the Wire? Just binged through it. Absolute KINO

Why did it take me this long to watch the Wire? Just binged through it. Absolute KINO.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rpUHa2rCWeA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

some people just aren't ready for it depending on whatever stage in life they are at.

glad you liked it, watch the Sopranos next if you haven't seen it.

I've seen the Sopranos (twice all the way through), and I got to say, I think I prefer the Wire. Maybe its because it is so fresh in my mind, but I really fucking enjoyed it.

Helps that I actually read Homicide in college a year or two ago.

To follow up, highly recommend reading it through if you enjoyed the Wire.

Also, know I know the origin of this gif. Was busting out laughing when Wee Bey and Stringer were having this conversation. For being a cold blooded killer, Wee Bey had a certain swagger and charisma to him. Loved the scene were he was eating the burger and confessing to every murder under the sun.

Fuk, forgot gif.

I'm completely bewildered as to why we don't have daily Wire threads but meme Capeshit, gabagool/quasimodo, star wars, GoT, and Sneed posts get 200+ replies. All in the game I suppose.

5 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 2

>season 5 over anything
I like how you pretend your opinion has any value

I alternate between the wire and the sopranos as to what's my definitive favorite show of all time depending on which one I've rewatched most recently. Anyone else know this feel?

S5 was dogshit but one of my favorite scenes was when Marlo got in those two thugs faces and they didn't know who he was. I loved how he went straight ninja style on them showing his true form only after he was outta the game. It's a great scene for anyone wondering how he became such a powerful boss.

>mcnulty and freeman running massive scam operation
>carcetti getting swindled
>levy springing Marlo
>omar meets his fate
>internal turmoil over fake news
Kino. What's your ratings?
>muh kids
>muh polacks
>muh election
>muh avon
Yawn

And the corner. The books work really well together

It's a great show but the Barksdale gang stuff is by far the strongest part of the show. I was really sick of McNulty by the end and the Marlo crew was too cartoonish.

Also, it was filmed in front of live audience :D

Check out The Deuce on HBO.

You know he had to be a OG to get guys like Chris to respect him and be apart of his crew.

SHANSHAAA

Just finished it foe the first time after a 3 day binge. I’ve recenrtly binged a bunch of HBO shows and have noticed a strange repeating theme.

Don’t get me wrong. I liked The Wire, but what is up with HBO shows having these kind of go nowhere endings where nothing really changes, our heroes have affected no change to their world and in some cases have bad shit just happen to them.

Granted the wire had our characters end in good places (some of them anyway, poor Dookie) but they end with a shitty polack commissioner, Olmar not in prison, fake news getting a pulitzer and all the same shit about to happen again with one detective bitching to white judge about getting a big case together.

It felt a little meh, and after True Detective & Deadwood am I wrong for wanting a happy ending with a pretty bow on it?

This show is god tier in every way possible. I await the day that a better and more realistic show comes along. Everything about this show is just so relate-able and realistic.

that was the point of The Wire, the game stays the game

Deadwood was cancelled. I don't think they made the finale knowing it would be a finale. True Detective was always supposed to be a mystery that went deeper than what could be solved.

That's life man. I agree it can be a little unsatisfying, but it's a realistic depiction of the toll the drug trade takes on a community and people.

Even Omar, who escaped to Puerto Rico had his past catch up with him when Marlo ordered Butchie killed. There is no pretty ending for murderous, thieving niggas selling heroin.

What characters would you have liked to see escape the game?

shawty was a cop

Nah, she looked like one of Orlando's hoes!

Orlando was such a fucking idiot. His one job was to stay clean and he couldn't manage that.

>brother mouzone
>the retarded serial killer plot
>realistic
sure senpai

Lol, brother mouzone was pretty cringy.

4>2>3>1>5

The objective order.

If people were smart and rational, everything in the wire would be a lie.

Was he the smartest character?

OMAR COMIN'

2=4>1>>>

>chill bodie chill
>y'all ain't know who all y'all talkin' to

its the difference between adulthood and childhood, preferring the wire over sopranos

On the whole I like where our characters ended. They had satisfying ends (save Dookie). We know the eventual fate of Olmar is to be Jewed hard by his lawyer so he bout to get fucked. And knowing Olmar he wont take it as well as Stringer did so I think old Levi is in for a rude awakening down the line.

Fifth season just wasnt as strong as the four before so the series end was lackluster.

he was eating Baltimore BBQ pit beef user, an important distinction.

Baltimore Pit beef is a beef top round steak or roast, simply seasoned with Season Salt. Then grilled until crusty on the outside, rare and juicy inside and heaped high on a sandwich served with horseradish and sliced onion on a fresh Kaiser roll.

Did Sup Forums support the drug zones idea?

Based Slim shot the right guy on The Deuce.

what kind of name is "Mouzone"?
when I first watched the show I thought they said his name was "Brother Moves On" like some Tribe Called Quest shit, but "Mouzone" sounds Italian or something.

being an adult is realizing the sopranos is better?

But his methods are ultimately self defeating. He wins by pure savagery so it just breeds more savage people that will eventually usurp him.

Season 5 may be the worst season, but it had the best scene - the photocopier lie detector.

was Marlo retarded?

Oh, you just binged five seasons and only waited till afterward to post on Sup Forums about it.

Riiiiight. Idk why the retards here always fall for this shit.

If you want to start a Wire thread just start a "Wire Thread" without all the pretentious bullshit.

Arabic, Mouzone is an islam abiding nigga

My apologies.

>Are we ready professor?

Which also appared in Homicide: Life on the Streets, both the book and the tv show

I always thought Avon and Stringer were more brutal. Like how in the first few episodes Avon has Omar's boyfriend beaten to death and burned alive with cigarette butts, then left practically crucified in the pit to scare Omar off. Or how he was prepared to start a civil war against Marlo with hand grenades and assault rifles before he was caught (and this is after he just got out of jail).

I actually did man. I had watched the first two episodes a year or so ago and never got into it. I just spent the last couple weeks doing nothing but going to class and watching the Wire. I didn't want Sup Forums to spoil shit so I waited until I finished.

Sociopathic. But in his Environment it was an asset.

i just wanted you to know how awesome pit beef sounds/is(chicken nugget fags will even like it without the horseradish and onion). there's lot of food in the wire just like in sopranos.

youtube.com/watch?v=rpUHa2rCWeA

This scene cracked me up as well. Cool scene, but the music and slowmotion felt so out of place. Avon season 1 was the man, Marlo would have been fucked if he went against Barksdale when they were at their height of power.

his enemies all underestimated him, and proposition joe especially doubted how ruthless he could be.

>Baltimore BBQ pit beef
GOD DAMN

best scene is where marlo shots the girl twice in the titties in cold blood and then once in the mouth when she is already dead

that nigga SCARY

Avon and Stringer had a bigger scope and a lot more assets than Marlo, but Chris and Snoop were basically a death squad out hunting the streets for anyone who even said a bad word about Marlo.

Barksdale crew had clear rules in place though, and they only dealt out violence when it was necessary. Marlo on the other hand was more brutal in his approach to the game. He saw no compromise, and the only way to solve problems was to walk people down a dark alley.

Hunnit large for a whiff of that dick suck

Not entirely true. After that one guy in Bodie's crew kills Fruit, someone in Marlo's crew proposes that they should wipe out the entire corner. In response, Marlo says he only wants the guy who did the shooting and that he had no interest in taking over the corner (which was buying Avon's package at the time), so he clearly has some restraint. The whole thing about killing people who said bad things about him was definitely there though.

Wire is the goat. Easily.

Chris was the real leader. Note that when marlo starts nigging out, the others in the crew look at chris for authority.

Chris was the real leader. Marlo is just the face

I got the impression that Weebay, Stinkum, Savino and Bird were out doing the same thing as part of Avon's entourage, even though they're not around long enough to do much more than take on Avon. Different motivation but the same general purpose.

it was worse when he ordered the death of that security guard, even though he was just doing his job. He even said he was trying to support his family. Psychopath

sorry, meant to say take on Omar* in season 1.

Call me a simp, but I believe ya for some reason. My apologies.

Why did it take you so long?

All good user, and I couldn't tell you. I was rewatching Sopranos clips on youtube and stumbled across some comments talking about the Wire. I had tried to watch it a while ago(maybe the first two episodes), but the police storylines were a little slow and boring for me at the time.

I started watching some youtube clips and was watching a mashup of all Omars clips when I realized I needed to give the Wire another chance. Was powering through them since.

Sure as shit beat rewatching GoT, Sopranos, or Always Sunny. I've also never seen Mad Men in its entirety, that'll probably be the series I start next.

two-hunnafiddy for his head

>what'd he do again?
>talk back
poor guy was just trying to be a human being with marlo

>I've also never seen Mad Men in its entirety
Mad Men is honestly up there with Wire and Sopranos. You should also watch HBO's Rome if you haven't, the first season is also kino af. 2nd season falls off a bit but still has good moments throughout.

Brother mouzone was the worst part of the wire by far

>he forgot about Ziggy Sabotka

That's what I've heard. Never seen Rome, but heard great things. That's on my list as well. A couple months ago I almost watched it, but ended up watching Black Sails. I think I made the wrong choice desu.

I liked Ziggy but only on my second watch through. He's a fuck up, but semi-believable, and he's trying to make some money in the shadow of his cousin he's a much better man
Brother mouzone was just so out of place

FIVE O
F
I
V
E

O

This.

I'd say Ziggy belonged more in that world than Brother Mouzone.

ooooo yeah that was cold as hell too. marlo p4p #1 scary gangster

Ziggy was one of the best characters. People hate him because he's unlikable which is one of the most pleb reasons to hate a character. He's well-written and well-acted, he's like the antithesis of Prez (another one of the Wire's best characters), in that he's similarly a fuckup but doesn't get the same chances to get his life together.

I'm kinda bummed The Docks didn't have a stronger presence in following seasons.

Agreed. The scene in jail with him and his father was great. It really gave a depth to his character and you could see how many of this stupid shit he did was because of how distant they were.

Also Brother Mouzone's bodyguard made no sense. Why would he employ a retard to protect him?

You seem to be referring to Marlo as Olmar, are you okay?

Shot the boy Mike Mike in his hind parts is all

Reminder that Burrell/Rawls were right and McNulty/Daniels were wrong about policing.

McNulty was never right at any point

He was right about all the hot pussi he scored except Pearlman.

P A N D E M I C
A
N
D
E
M
I
C

>after all that, omar gets bopped by a yung nigga
Dam, that shit deep son. Really newports my 40s.

>Wire shows how every idealistic person eventually either is crushed or sells out
>David "there are too many shows about New York" Simon makes a show about fucking TIme's Square
Poetry.

No, the deep part is that Kenard was one of the kids in Season 3 Bunk got angry about seeing playing Omar.

he was also a lil punk ass bitch gettin all shook after a killing a snitch nigga like omar

>tfw have it in my torrent list for months
>tfw know nothing about it just that it's good
feelsgoodman to know that i have a kino in my stash saved for a rainy month

I think you are dumb motherfucker if you cant understand why wire ended like it did

Reminder that the wiretap focused cases promoted as "good police" in the Wire have been utterly counterproductive in cities like Baltimore and Chicago.

nothing could ever be productive in combating ghetto drug trade aside from just capping everyone and demolishing all the project buildings

Watch it all the way through again in another month or so. It's a totally different experience and you end up connecting with different characters in different ways. Also, I compiled every song of every season chronologically and made them into "Mixtapes" if anyone wants the links.

Where's the new Baltimore shows for the 2010s, after the Wire was for the 2000s and Homicide was for the 1990s? You've got a record high murder rate, a police department throwing up scandals left and right, a completely broken city government, and the port hoping for growth thanks to the Panama expansion.

>what is up with HBO shows having these kind of go nowhere endings where nothing really changes, our heroes have affected no change to their world and in some cases have bad shit just happen to them.

Not even meming, that's just a mark of mature storytelling and HBO is a cut above most other networks so their shows are like that.

Not all good stories have to be that way of course.

My man. I knew I wasn’t the only person who noticed that but it’s so good to see it said. There’s a reason Omar dies.

Coz he was a fag?

Could you upload to youtube?