/STD/ Star Trek Discovery

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/abaiers/status/922509526904868864
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its no star trek

You should just write /STD/ in the subject next time and see what happens

even the cast says that it is the best Star Trek series ever made, check the critics reviews for proof because STD has diversity which proves it is the best Trek.

>You should just write /STD/ in the subject next time and see what happens

good idea user :D who knows what will happen :o

we /DISCO/ now

best episode so far. At least nobody was acting like an insufferable cunt this time. But the "logic extremists" were a bit weak as was the quick reveal that those neutral aliens had been killed all along.

racists got BTFO!!!

The logic extremist racist vulcans are perfectly canonical, the execution of a suicide bombing Vulcan was a little less compelling.

Creators of STD seem to be showing us that their using mirrors to reach the mirror universe meaning this series isnt prime or kelvin its mirror!

SO it is SJW fodder then

>Augmented Alien

A star among the stars

Mirror universe had Terran Empire for a long time before this shit happens

Yeah the episode was almost servicable and Lorca actually slowly becomes a compelling character. At this pace we will have our first good episode in season 4 episode 7.

maybe she had some head injury

Did that head injury make her and everybody else around her forget what species she was? "Alien" isn't a species

So in the newest episode they were implying that mirror fag and real fag have switched bodies right? He is all of a sudden super cheerful instead of constantly irritated.

look at the ridiculous equation used to create these numbers lol

Man. It'd be great if we could be introduced to these characters on the actual show.

>things weighted the way they want them to be weighted

these numbers are so manipulated and fake lmao

Hey, /std would you kindly describe his issues

I know mind fu

Poor writing.

what issues? Literally nailing the best looking girl on the show that looks younger than his adopted daughter.

negro they're intentionally fucking around with the canon in order to force internet discussion of how they're intentionally fucking around with the canon.

>DUDE U NEED TO TRANSFER TO A CONSTITUTION CLASS LIKE DA INTERPRISE

>show takes place 20 years before the first constitution class will be commissioned

SO it's campy, but on-purpose-but-the-FX-is-awesome-so-best-of-both-worlds kind of campy?

the episode was built around that mindmeld telepathy bullshit, and it wasn't even well done.

>mandatory Sup Forums strawulans in /std/
>MEANWHILE, ON STAR TREK DISCOVERY

The interstellar legend to style on shitposters continues.

..."or else you might get listed as a generic 'alien' in a webm."

>no webms of the intensely shitty in/out sequences

>be albino Klingon fanatic
>want to avenge T'Kuvma
>disguise yourself as human to infiltrate secret teleportation starship
>kill other Klingons to earn Captain's trust
>go to cantina to eat something
>this fat fucking wart goblin sits down next to you
Is it really all worth it for Voq?

At least the original had an air of dignity about him with moments of affection. STD Sarek is awful, he seems like such an asshole all the time.

I would throw away my beliefs for that

>OH NO, SARAK WON'T BE RECOVERED IN TIME FOR THE TALKS! AND WE ONLY HAVE... h... hours...
>GOSH IF ONLY WE HAD SOME SORT OF MEANS OF INSTANTLY TELEPOR-
>SHUT THE FUCK UP SEND THE ADMIRAL

who the fuck is writing this shit

I mean, he's clearly another white cis male in need of saving, but i cant put into words why

I'd certainly take a dump on her chest.

>five episodes with no fuckable Trekfus
>illogically thicc Tilly and Amilfda in same episode

MY MIND WAS NOT READY

well this is like 60 years before TOS. Maybe he has time to grow.

But she'll fuck anything, Klingons especially.

>muh T'Kuvma

I can't wait for them to act like that's a shocking reveal

I doubly can't wait for them to forget all about the albino klingon until he comes back with a superbomb or something.

they're going to test the augment virus on him and its going to be transmitted sexually.

hence all the pushback about calling it STD

I really like how "ACTUAL TIMES AN EPISODE IS VIEWED ON OUR STREAMING PLATFORMS" isn't even a variable in the equation.

It was a good scene.

>60 years
try 10

If the matrix was written like STD
>morpheus: FUCK YOU NEO WHY DO YOU THINK YOU'RE ANYTHING SPECIAL YOU AREN'T THE ONE WHY ARE YOU EVEN ON MY SHIP

Even by Sup Forums standards you are a special kind of retarded

Season 2 confirmed
twitter.com/abaiers/status/922509526904868864

>show takes place 20 years before the first constitution class will be commissioned
No it doesn't. It's 10 years before TOS

Holy christ you are literally too stupid to understand this show.

>albino klingon gets surgery to look hu-man
>despite being a hwite klingon, he doesn't end up looking like a cumskin

They even mentioned the Enterprise in the latest episode

If you don't realize our show is kino you're a fucking idiot and deserve to neck yourself

>"I need people I can trust." ... "How about you run the security on my ship from now on, stranger who happen to appear just about the same time this season's top villain disapeared?"
Is Lorca legitimately insane?

If you don't think this show is fucking great, you're probably someone with some fucking taste.

To be fair this is 3rd party guessing game bullshit so they don't know how many people are streaming. They have to guess using how much people are talking about a show. The thing is people that praise a show on social media aren't necessarily viewers, people hating a show aren't necessarily viewers, and vice versa. They're pulling numbers out of their asses.

One thing is certain though, this show is not pulling GoT numbers like these infographics imply. If it was, we'd never hear the end of it from CBS/Netflix.

>our show
>our
It's ok to shill your show Kurtzman but at least be careful when you write.

Congratulations on understanding one of the key plot points.

GoT is old. Very old. Star Trek Discovery is fresh blood. This is why the numbers are big.

A notebook of ideas for season 2 is not a confirmation. Though it's likely this show gets at least one more season since Netflix paid for season 1.

2 years before Pike gets all spastic

>T'Kurtzman

'Alien' is ST universe PC for 'non-human' like 'Person of Color' is real PC for 'non-white'.

'Augmented' is ST universe PC for 'handicapped'.

He was just announcing the second season being ordered in a cute way you fucking retard.

Is there just one brainlet shitting up this thread or are all of you this stupid?

CBS is using it to advertise their shitty streaming platform. it'll continue forever. its only on netfli outside the US.

>I've seen you fight like a Klingon

Goddammit why'd they telegraph this twist so badly

It's number 1 on netflix.

TOG had more diversity though, they had a filthy slav on the bridge

He's really bad at assembling his staff

>XO is a spineless cuck, though that might be why he picked him
>first chief of security is a retard
>second one is a spy
>appoints Burnham for science officer

Now wait for him to appoint cadet fucking cool for chief engineer after the current one orgasms himself with the nipple clamps

are you citing the made up "demand impressions" that we've already debunked as meaningless social media analytics?

*orgasms himself to death

I think you're the only brainlet if you're actually enjoying this filth.

Yeah, sure, everyone who actually likes the show for how good it actually is happens to be a shill too. Get real, Sup Forumstard. You know what, just go back to Sup Forums and stay there because clearly you don't know what you're talking about you goddamn retard. Go back to your echo chamber

Not according to any actual viewership data released by netflix or CBS. Only according to this bullshit

You're also claiming something that's not available to netflix's biggest market is their most viewed program. Which is just retarded.

Cadet Gingerpuss was significantly less autistic this episode. I find this to be a worrying development.
She'll probably fuck her way to the captaincy at this stage. Just like the admiral apparently did

Reminder that neither Netflix nor CBS publish any kind of viewer statistics.

shill-san, I'm not even talking about the quality of the show. I'm merely pointing out that since it's the flashship property of CBS' shitty streaming platform, it will continue as long as CBS thinks their shitty streaming platform isn't a fucking horrible idea.

the shows not as good as I hoped it would be, its no star trek

but shills here will try to convince me otherwise

>I'm trying my own way to be captain!
>runs faster, burning fat

... whats this? Some accidental decent writing?

you are wrong

>CBS says All Access subscriber growth up 200% since ‘Star Trek’ debuted

2x 0 = 0

So there are three subscribers now?

the math are simple : Star Trek Discovery is a success.

>it grew from 1 subscriber per month to 2
Amazing

>it will continue as long as CBS thinks their shitty streaming platform isn't a fucking horrible idea.
Only if they feel that this platform is more important than the money Trek merch hauls in. Realistically, All Access won't go anywhere unless other creator's content comes in. So they either drop STD and bring in real Trek, or keep going with this shit show and forego merch money because STD isn't selling anything.

Lorca knows that Ash is a Klingon spy.

they basically didn't even advertise it existed until the premier of discovery

ackshually trek merch is way down. the brand is basically dying after 2trek2furious

>“Consumer response to the launch of ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ has been tremendous,” said Marc DeBevoise, president and COO of CBS Interactive, in a release. “The buildup to the show’s premiere led us to a record-setting month, week and ultimately day of sign-ups. The second week of the series has also exceeded our expectations and is a credit to the brilliant and dedicated work of the show’s entire creative team and cast.”

This is real life. and like cadet said, this is fucking cool.

those aren't hard numbers, and all access was essentially non-existent b4 Discovery

You are not the center of this world.

CBS isn't legally allowed to report that STD is the highest viewed show in its markets where Netflix is distributing it as part of their deal with Netflix.

RRRRR! Gah! This must just be so frustrating for you haters!

At least you can still rag on CBS for not just releasing it on Netflix in the US instead of vying for their own digital distribution secret clubhouse.

>this is the most signups our new streaming platform that basically didn't exist a month before discovery debuted has ever gotten

Yea my Chief of Security decided to solo this monster that wiped out the previous crew and a Klingon squad. I think you're a good replacement.

Seems like he never gave a fuck in the first place

Also why didn't Starfleet send anther security officer to replace the last one? He been running the top secret ship without a chief of security?