A scene I feel like people overlooked

A scene I feel like people overlooked.
There was no explanation from Deckard as to why he was beekeeping, it was never visited upon again.
What did the bees mean?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S75OKnM_BKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when you get old you need a hobby

my mum's a beekeeper

In this scene,
The bees represent Replicants
The hives represent them being forced into slave labor in a hostile environment
The radiated city is that environment

oh
your mummy is?
tell me more old chap

Food ala the grubs earlier, or using them to pollinate his crops

Deckard is a human btw sweetie

way too simple, if that was the reason they may as well have not added it in the first place

Colony collapse disorder is a meme

the miracles of life and creation

in a deleted scene K finds pic related

Honey is great. Lots of cals. Lots of carbs. Lots of energy.

so he could leave flowers at rachel's grave

then what did K reaching his hand in symbolize? Homage to the wasp-swatting question from the first Blade Runner?

bees polinate flowers despure being different species, they show deckard with bees and a flower with rachel to imply hes human

In Blade Runner (1) Rachel gets asked what would she do if wasp would land on her hand.
"I would kill it" she replies.

Now think about how different K is to her.

Really? You know what they say about honey and milk

pulling them out and creating their own society away, or a rebellion.

We already know Deckard has some sort of forest because of the wood carvings, and the bees explain that deckard is the one who left the flower on Rachel's grave that we see at the start of the movie. He clearly has some primitive ecosystem set up with dogbro in vegas.

My interpretation of it is that Deckard values life a lot more ever since his encounter with Roy Batty. Hence why when K asks "is it real?" Refer to the dog, Deckard prefers to think he was talk about the whiskey, and says "why don't you ask him". So I guess they symbolically represent Deckard new found respect for all living things.

Cells, interlinked.

rachel has flowers. deckard has bees. deckard put a babby in rachel

Bees live in community, there is no such thing as a lone bee. They work together and they will sacrifice themselves to preserve the queen and her hive

Honeycombs, interlinked.

also honey doesn't spoil, you can eat it whenever

another overlooked scene

at the end, when K is lies on the stairs, the snowflakes falling look really fake and none of them lands on him. But in the next scene, Deckards daughter is creating holographic projection of snowflakes, which look a bit more real, yet they also don't touch her skin. What was the meaning of this? Nothing was real?

That scene explained by Denis Villeneuve himself
youtube.com/watch?v=S75OKnM_BKU

It does not explain what the bees mean tho

So he sticks his hand in the hive because he wants to feel interlinked?
I dun get it

Interlinked.

i didnt think about it, thanks user

Who /ginger daughter best waifu/ here?
Joy's dual chin ruins her
The chief's face is male and she's old.

This movie had a lot of nice boobs.

What hobby did the fictional detective Sherlock Holmes take up when he retired.

Villeneuve has explained this himself. K doesn't know what bees are.

it was a homage to the replicant dipping his hand into liquid nitrogen when they visit the eye-manufacturer in the first movie.

Some user said it was a reference to John the Baptist surviving on wild honey in the desert or something.

what happened to the dog?

Ask him.

Fucking imbecile people bees are the most sensible animal, they always die when an environment is not healthy.

It's to showcase that Las Vegas is not toxic anymore.

K experiences "real life" for the first time. The bees are a remnant of life, of genuine nature, in a world where everything is fake and manufactured

they live in cells, interlinked
sacrifice themselves like a replicant
distinct

can anybody answer this?

It can be more than one meaning, but you are probably spot-on

I did not have such impression

it was about K finding a physical connection to life and how we are losing it talking to people on phones, chats, forums, etc. Touch is a big theme in the movie just look at the final scene with Deckard

They do land on him, they turn red when they fall on his blood stains. You're trying to make something out of nothing.

kek

standing in the rain and snow was a recurring theme in the movie and probably is picked up from the "tears in the rain" line from the original.
It seems associated with real human (bean) experience.

Beekeeper? She finna sneeds to bee my Deekeeper... if you know what I mean heh heh

Thanks