>Fire Man has a mouth

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Looks better than expected but worse than I had hoped.

From the OP's image alone I can already tell it's a shitty choppy flash-animated "action" cartoon with horrendous choreography.

This.

Oh dear

Hey, Drill Man. Cool.

Didn't look too bad.

At least Mega Man's face looks better than the original announcement image.

Hopefully they try to at least put in the effort but is hard to tell given Neo-Man of Action.

>Their example for the simpsons is from the movie
That's just false advertising.

Megaman is going to suck because of the stupid "He's a robot going to school" bullshit.

>sometimes, dead is better

I forgot about this and holy shit it looks bad.

the animation reminded me a little bit to Ben 10 (the original one)

Surprised by the negativity. Sup Forums is usually filled with hipsters that like the most terrible of things for the sake of irony.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Why is Heathcliff still a thing? Why was it ever a thing?

The comics aren't funny, the cartoon was terrible, whats the appeal?

Heathcliff was pretty good in 1984. I like that it had no morals at all. Heathcliff was just an asshole. He would do mean things and never learn a lesson. It was great. It was a stark contrast to the usual Care Bears shit that was around at that time.

>that marcy
>that sonja
oh boy
i can already hear the Sup Forums degenerates

Why do they have a fucking Vinyl/UB Funkeys character design.

You mean generation z

Mega Man is too great to fall to hipsterism

Because they gotta be hip with them Gen Zrs.

Eh, Atom was basically the start of half of our robot cliches and he went to school.

they better not be pulling, I was once a kid in school now I'm mega man shit. Mega man is a robot

I never thought of Mega Man as a child. I always thought he was really short because everyone in that universe was drawn in that '80s super-deformed style. I just saw him as a cool robot guy with a strong sense of justice.

>I never thought of Mega Man as a child.

He was built to be Dr. Lights kid tho, he just needed to be modded into a fighter

Why not just make a cartoon out of the mega-man archie comics?

I thought I read that he was built to be Dr. Light's assistant. That's the backstory that was given during the NES era. I never heard about the Dr. Light's kid thing until much later.

>I thought I read that he was built to be Dr. Light's assistant.

Bit of column A, bit of column B

Wasn't Mega man originally just a big astro-boy reference/ripoff? Of course he'd be a kid

It looks like something that would've been on the Hub back in the day, like it honestly wouldn't feel out of place there.

So is he still a robot or is he a kid in a robot suit?

Robot.

At least they aren't going to spend forever stuck on the original 10 robot masters like some adaptations

Because that's too smart

Wake me up when they drop the Bass

Originally Mega Man was going to be an Astro Boy game, but the rights fell through, so they just redid some shit. That's why in the credits Dr. Light resembles Dr. Elefun, Rock has Atom's schoolboy uniform from the then-recent 1980's Astro Boy series, and Uran literally just had her hair recoloured blonde to become Roll. Mega Man was never intended to become the huge series that it did

Since when can drill man fly

>It actually looks worse than and is going to be less faithful than Ruby Speares.

I thought cartoons were getting better.

I think that was a localization choice. Mega Man was definitely marketed in the west as being a "man", or at the very least a teen. I liked it when they would draw him with the slightest big of muscle, implying that he was more lean than skinny.

>the original 10 robot masters

are you using base 6?

>I thought cartoons were getting better.

good one

Screw these scrubs designs, SHOW ME PROTO-MAN

>Original 10
But yes, they should have developed individual adventures instead of slowly recapping games we all played.

Will it be worse than The Garfield Show?

Season 2 at earliest, don't hold your breath.

BUT DOES THIS MEAN WE'LL GET MORE FREAKING GAMES

I'm just looking forward to him showing up because they might show his hair and there will be some prime fan wank over that

lol no

At the very least we'll get a new game thats a tie-in.

Oh, yes. Mwahahahahaha. You'll get games. OH you'll get your games. Mwahahahahahahhaaahahahahahaaaaa.

Hair you say?

>It's been six years since the last game
O-oh

Any pics of Wily?

I bet they turn wily into an angsty teenager.

We've all seen Mega-man helmetless, but I have seen fans get inexplicably angry over A: Does Bass have hair and B: What does it look like

I want to see Roll

Is she cute?

Isn't it more likely the robot masters will be the angsty teens?

Bass has pineapple hair. Like Bert.

the consensus seems to be either he has dark purple hair or just shorter zero hair

How the fuck is Ruby Spears more faithful than this?

She better be.

Because Ruby Spears was always pretty faithful. People just had autism fits over the robot muscles and overall goofy tone.

that or his fins are just fused to his head like half the robot masters helmets

What was wrong with ruby spears?

True. Ruby Spears was surprisingly faithful compared to other vidya cartoons. Honestly it'd probably be more well liked if they had stuck with the original art style they planned

He is basically video game Astro Boy. So building him to be a kid pretty much fits the narrative.

I guarantee if I did a google search for "bass hair Mega man", I'd get a lot of badly drawn pictures of Bass with Vegeta's hair.

No wonder he built Zero so pretty...he was supposed to be a sexbot!

Capcom almost never makes tie-in games. They'll give a franchise hundreds of spinoffs, crossovers, and sequels, but the merch pushes the games. Not the other way around.

Honestly the only real problems I had were the artstyle, how Roll was handled, and certain episodes (Fucking Lion Men)

Without a doubt

Is this going to only feature the original 6 Robot Masters like everything else Mega Man in the last 15 years?

Because I am getting really sick of the original 6 at this point. Not that I ever liked them much in the first place.

only from one of the official comics, surprisingly

They bungled Protoman a bit too, but that was probably setting up a MM5 plot.

We at least know Cossack bots are showing up

Mega Man is a kid in that he was only built fairly recently and is thus very naive in nature, much like Astro Boy. However unlike Astro Boy, he is the same physical size as the human adults in that world. Here he is shown to be the same height and size as Dr. Light.

By contrast, Astro Boy's father was drawn to have the same proportions of a normal man, making Astro Boy look like a small child by comparison.

For whatever its worth, Hitoshi Ariga once drew what he though Bass looks like helmetless. He's the one on the lower right.

>the Archie comic is unironically one of my favorite comics to come out lately
>surprisingly well written, great action, etc.
>put on hiatus forever
>only in wacky crossovers with Sonic for no reason now
>hesitantly optimistic about the cartoon
>he's a school kid

Why must I exist, only to suffer?

What's this about 6?

How the hell did the show turn out how it did? It shouldn't be as good as it is
Well Drill man's in that cut of animation. Maybe we'll get the others. If we're lucky and the stars align we could get the Stardroids
Wasn't the cartoon made around the time MM5 was announced or came out, so they thought he was evil?
The worst part was that it was put on hiatus right before 4.
Will they retcon it to be that Wily made them? Or will Cossack and Kalinka show up?

So it's short, striped, and Treble is a daisy. I can get behind this.

So, Mega Man:Armored Adventures?

Where he skips school to go fight Elec Man who secretly cheated the high school student council election. And later Cut Man who was actually the loner in class that cuts class every day. Rock will eventually find out that the loners and freaks in his class are actually other robot masters that commit crimes when not in detention.

>Roll is generic female lead
>Rush is Scooby Doo
>Everyone is pretty buff and a few guys were colored wrong.

Aside from a few shitty filler plots, it was otherwise accurate as fuck. Mediocre, but accurate.

>tfw started playing Legends this month

This game is so fucking good

Dub quad

>Or will Cossack and Kalinka show up?

There is no chance they care enough to make it that authentic to the games.

Pretty sure Sup Forums is responsible for memeing this thing into life.

Oh God the nostalgia, I fucking loved those Battle Network action figures.

I may have hated the BN games, but damn if they didn't have the best merchandise.

I always bemoan MML not getting an anime adaptation, but then I remember how shit the one for Battle Network was.

>as if portable game characters mattered...

We don't even know if Dr. Light exists, let alone the cossacks

Fuck.

Show me a time when Oil Man and Time Man appeared in tie-in material?

Have they at all in the last decade? Or has Capcom blatantly forgotten them just like the rest of us?

I always see Mega Man's age as irrelevant. It depends on the interpretation, really. Some art shows him as a man, others a kid.

Proto Man always comes off as an adult, though.